Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: How does PFM beat teams that know how to beat him?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

The running game is back in Denver, it's genuinely been a treat watching Manning run his faggoty spread but it's time to get back to Broncos' football.

I'm excited.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Faggety offenses can't win the Super Bowl. Just ask Tom Brady.

He won't. I don't expect much from our offense this season. we may get to the playoffs, but I'll call it right now as 1 and done if so.

voodoo

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Really, I think Rogers, brees, and luck can all escape the pocket, Brady has more toughness to dust himself off and stand tall the next snap.

Peyton lacks this.

That is why I think the "blueprint" is so applicable to PFM
    Yet the Giants beat Brad TWICE (in Super Bowls) by applying pressure and getting his timing off. There have been a TON of "mobile" QBs in the NFL, and none have had the success that Manning has had. So there is no "blue print" to beat the Elite QBs that isn't applicatable to all top QBs. Put pressure on the QB and throw off the timing of the offense. That's why teams like the Chiefs...give 100 million to players like Houston. All the while drafting pass rushers in the first round despite having Hali and Houston already on the roster.

THat strategy is no different for anyone. Defense needs to make plays...whether that be getting a fingertip on a pass, or be sure to wrap up the RB out of the backfield. TEAMS win, and having a QB like the top guys always makes your TEAM better. The rest of the TEAM has to step up and do their part.

There is no "formula" to beat Manning........ otherwise teams would have been doing it for the last upteen years to stop him and he wouldn't be the most prolific passer in NFL history.
    Last edited by Ravage!!!; 07-17-2015 at 02:16 PM.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Yet the Giants beat Brad TWICE (in Super Bowls) by applying pressure and getting his timing off. There have been a TON of "mobile" QBs in the NFL, and none have had the success that Manning has had. So there is no "blue print" to beat the Elite QBs that isn't applicatable to all top QBs. Put pressure on the QB and throw off the timing of the offense. That's why teams like the Chiefs...give 100 million to players like Houston. All the while drafting pass rushers in the first round despite having Hali and Houston already on the roster.

THat strategy is no different for anyone. Defense needs to make plays...whether that be getting a fingertip on a pass, or be sure to wrap up the RB out of the backfield. TEAMS win, and having a QB like the top guys always makes your TEAM better. The rest of the TEAM has to step up and do their part.

There is no "formula" to beat Manning........ otherwise teams would have been doing it for the last upteen years to stop him and he wouldn't be the most prolific passer in NFL history.
    great game plans and a shit ton of luck beat brady - but that never stopped him standing tall in the pocket - that was my point. When PFM gets hit, he spends the next quarter playing like a girl. That is why pressure affects pfm more than brady -a s for the others i metioned, they can all escape the pocket and throw on the run - PFM cant. Again highlighting why pressure affects him more.

I cant believe you dont think there is a formula to beat peyton - i think it is obvious - as other posters have said, that does not mean every team can do it, because it relies on well coached, disciplined and excellant players. But the strategy is there - and outside of running the ball and playing great defense, i see no other way to play against those teams (neither does anyone else by the looks of this thread)

great game plans and a shit ton of luck beat brady - but that never stopped him standing tall in the pocket - that was my point. When PFM gets hit, he spends the next quarter playing like a girl. That is why pressure affects pfm more than brady -a s for the others i metioned, they can all escape the pocket and throw on the run - PFM cant. Again highlighting why pressure affects him more.

I cant believe you dont think there is a formula to beat peyton - i think it is obvious - as other posters have said, that does not mean every team can do it, because it relies on well coached, disciplined and excellant players. But the strategy is there - and outside of running the ball and playing great defense, i see no other way to play against those teams (neither does anyone else by the looks of this thread)
    So its luck for one, and a "strategy" for another. K.

You are right, I don't think you are right and I certainly dn't believe there is a "formula" for beating Manning. Nor do I believe that he plays like a girl after he's been hit. Just sounds like, to me, that you have a problem with Manning more than you have a realistic view as to what is happening on the field.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

So its luck for one, and a "strategy" for another. K.

You are right, I don't think you are right and I certainly dn't believe there is a "formula" for beating Manning. Nor do I believe that he plays like a girl after he's been hit. Just sounds like, to me, that you have a problem with Manning more than you have a realistic view as to what is happening on the field.
    Just because i love PFM - does not mean that i need to be blinkered to his failings.

And as i see it, whenever he has be been hit - he goes missing for a 1/4, i dont see rodgers, brees or brady doing that. Whenever he gets hit, he will then act like a fainting goat for a few snaps, whenever he gets pressure - he throws it away.

I just dont see what is wrong with admitting that - and trying to work out how to game plan around these things.

But if you dont see it that way - fair enough.

Just because i love PFM - does not mean that i need to be blinkered to his failings.

And as i see it, whenever he has be been hit - he goes missing for a 1/4, i dont see rodgers, brees or brady doing that. Whenever he gets hit, he will then act like a fainting goat for a few snaps, whenever he gets pressure - he throws it away.

I just dont see what is wrong with admitting that - and trying to work out how to game plan around these things.

But if you dont see it that way - fair enough.
    Its not "admitting" it.....its an opinion. Its not like I'm "not admitting" something that is there.... I just think/feel its an exaggeration made by a frustrated fan. You don't have the success in the NFL to the level that Manning has, by simply 'disappearing' due to pressure.

Its a pretty well known "strategy" for every defense in the NFL to put pressure on the QB...hence why pass rushers get so much money. QBs, Pass rushers, and the LT that goes against the pass rushers and protects the QB. Passing and getting to the passer. The secret of the NFL.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Its not "admitting" it.....its an opinion. Its not like I'm "not admitting" something that is there.... I just think/feel its an exaggeration made by a frustrated fan. You don't have the success in the NFL to the level that Manning has, by simply 'disappearing' due to pressure.

Its a pretty well known "strategy" for every defense in the NFL to put pressure on the QB...hence why pass rushers get so much money. QBs, Pass rushers, and the LT that goes against the pass rushers and protects the QB. Passing and getting to the passer. The secret of the NFL.
    ok mate

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

To answer the original question, a strong rushing attack and good defense.
    In Elway We Trust

13. The Following User High Fived CrazyHorse For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information