Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How does PFM beat teams that know how to beat him?

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Default How does PFM beat teams that know how to beat him?

so, i think the blueprint for how to beat peyton manning is now well established - although it still takes top calibre players and excellent coaching to do it.

Getting pressure on hm, and taking out the short and intermediate routes seems to be the way to go, forcing him to throw downfield, early and under pressure.

Given the "perceived" weaknesses in our O-Line at the minute, it looks like when peyton drops back, he could have a lot of pressure, forcing him to take multiple "self sacks".

So, my question is, how do we compensate for this.

Obviously the answer is run the ball, make the defense respect and expect the run (first)......but it can not be as simple as that, otherwise, surely we would have made those adjustments last season.

Thoughts?

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

He doesn't beat them
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

The whole "blueprint" thing is silly. It's not like the blueprint to beat a Manning team was just discovered in the last year or two. Teams have always known how to beat Manning. It's just that very few have had the talent/coaching to execute that plan over the years. Now that he is starting to age, however, it's not as difficult to execute that plan as perhaps it once was.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    The whole "blueprint" thing is silly. It's not like the blueprint to beat a Manning team was just discovered in the last year or two. Teams have always known how to beat Manning. It's just that very few have had the talent/coaching to execute that plan over the years. Now that he is starting to age, however, it's not as difficult to execute that plan as perhaps it once was.
    so how do we get round it?

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    so how do we get round it?
    We hope and pray that teams like Seattle's championship defense doesn't show up and games like the Colts in last seasons playoffs don't happen.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

6. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post

We hope and pray that teams like Seattle's championship defense doesn't show up and games like the Colts in last seasons playoffs don't happen.
    Sometimes because I am a stupid Scottish person, who never grew up playing football, I think i might be missing something - so it makes me laugh when the answer from you guys is as simple as that!

8. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

We need a great defense and a good running game to beat teams like Seattle.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

The simple answer to your question is that PFM doesn't beat teams that know how to beat him and have the personnel to execute that plan.

That is why, when we go up against a team like that (Seattle, etc.), we have to be able to beat them with our team instead of just relying on PFM all by himself. We have to run the ball and play great defense etc.

PFM is great enough to beat a lot of teams all by himself, but when you get into the playoffs, you need to be able to support your QB with other aspects of the team. Your defense can't allow Baltimore to score 38 points, or allow Seattle to completely ignore your running game while jumping all of your pass routes.

11. The Following 4 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

hope the new o line becomes superstars

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    The simple answer to your question is that PFM doesn't beat teams that know how to beat him and have the personnel to execute that plan.

That is why, when we go up against a team like that (Seattle, etc.), we have to be able to beat them with our team instead of just relying on PFM all by himself. We have to run the ball and play great defense etc.

PFM is great enough to beat a lot of teams all by himself, but when you get into the playoffs, you need to be able to support your QB with other aspects of the team. Your defense can't allow Baltimore to score 38 points, or allow Seattle to completely ignore your running game while jumping all of your pass routes.
    Yeah sorry, I agree.

To word it better.

How do we game plan against teams that have PFMs number

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

if the new o line is shoddy in the running game, then there will be trouble. If we overpower people and can run at will, then i would say teams should have to worry about the run instead of #18. And then the plan around peyton shouldnt matter much. Play action most deadly weapon to defensive lbs and safeties, Only real way to deter teams planning around Manning. This is why i wanted Gurley on Denver, but yea, STL will do

15. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Yeah sorry, I agree.

To word it better.

How do we game plan against teams that have PFMs number
    The Broncos have to be able to execute an effective running game, and play good defense.

17. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

The Broncos have to be able to execute an effective running game, and play good defense.
    Simples!

Super bowl 50 here we come!

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Simples!

Super bowl 50 here we come!
    I'm not too worried about the defense. The question is whether or not Kubiak, et al, can convince Manning to step back into the shadows a little bit and let us run the ball.

If they can't, it will still be a fun season, with a lot of wins. . . and a disappointing end. What else is new?

20. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I'm not too worried about the defense. The question is whether or not Kubiak, et al, can convince Manning to step back into the shadows a little bit and let us run the ball.

If they can't, it will still be a fun season, with a lot of wins. . . and a disappointing end. What else is new?
    Hopefully, Manning listens long and hard to Elway. He can have a mediocre season (from Manning's perspective) and still break the couple of records he has left to break. AND, get another Superbowl win.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information