Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Osweiler not taking Manning's knowledge for granted.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    #thansformakingwhippingyourasseasier
    #britscallcigsfags
    #bitchyouknowimdeadsexxxy
    #atleastourbigbengetslaid
    #yourfoodisshittyandsoisyourbeer
    #mywaistlinewilloutlastyourteeth
    #thatcher'snatcherwasfilledwithamericanjizz
    #thatsuckpuppetscaredhalftheworldintosubmission
    #thestyledoncannotbestyledupon
    #yourwelcome-ihatelargeoppressivecountrieswithanoverinflatedego anyway-gladyoubeatus
    #yeswedoandyousirareafagintheamerricansenseofthewo rd
    #lmao
    #kinglovespittsburghrapist-whodhavethunkit
    #fairenoughpassmeaburgerandabudlime
    #lol
    #theironladywasasaintjustlikedorothymantooth
    #onlybecausehedoneastheironladytoldhimtodo
    #shatonfromagreatheight

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

#budlimeisgreat

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    #yourwelcome-ihatelargeoppressivecountrieswithanoverinflatedego anyway-gladyoubeatus
    #yeswedoandyousirareafagintheamerricansenseofthewo rd
    #lmao
    #kinglovespittsburghrapist-whodhavethunkit
    #fairenoughpassmeaburgerandabudlime
    #lol
    #theironladywasasaintjustlikedorothymantooth
    #onlybecausehedoneastheironladytoldhimtodo
    #shatonfromagreatheight
    #itmakesmehappythatyouareokaywithlosing

#theonlythingmorefluidthanyoursexualityisthepissyo udrink
    #figuredyouwouldlikethatone
    #mericanssticktogether
    #whybudlime
    #remix
    #iwouldhavefilledthatcherinhersnatcher
    #hetrickleddownherthroat
    #somuchstyle

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

#itmakesmehappythatyouareokaywithlosing

#theonlythingmorefluidthanyoursexualityisthepissyo udrink
    #figuredyouwouldlikethatone
    #mericanssticktogether
    #whybudlime
    #remix
    #iwouldhavefilledthatcherinhersnatcher
    #hetrickleddownherthroat
    #somuchstyle
    I think you have bested me king. Well played.

But if anything - The Iron Lady was the giver in that relationship!!

In all seriousness though - that was back in the days when America and the UK had a comparatively equal relationship. Then after Gulf War One - we just became this subservient little lap dog. Maybe Cameron just needs to give Barrack a good fisting #thatcherstyle

5. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

This thread reminds me of when Lady Gaga was the foremost authority on NFL QB's.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Here's another problem with your analogy - take a look at Kevin Kolb and company and tell me if their rosters are the same as Denver's. We know D.T. is sticking around now. Sanders might be retained, he has a strong shot at that, and Denver has all kinds of talent at the RB position. Do you think Clausen's Panthers were as solid? Kolb's Eagles the same? Was it Beck or Stanton that went to 'Zona, I don't recall? Were the Cards the same? Pat White was never thought to be a real QB prospect either, he was taken on athleticism. Is that a strong analogue?

You have done a cursory job. It was not a thorough job.

P.S.

Teams with a talent loaded roster and a great contemporary QB tend to go into the win now mode because SB opportunities are few and far between.

P.S. S.

#styledon
    Sigh. If that pitiful argument is "styled on" I give up.

When you're pointing to Matt Schaub as "success" when he played his way out of a starting job and got his coach fired, and making excuses for Kevin Kolb and Patrick White that's the very definition of FAIL! Hard. I notice you didn't mention the other late round "success" of the last 15 years - Kyle Orton (4th round). That argument might not go down well in Denver.

I say "Success" is becoming the franchise QB for a team, leading a team to the SB, not failing to keep your job and getting run out of town. Matt Schaub is a loser who is currently going to sit on the bench for 16 games unless a really GOOD QB, Joe Flacco is hurt. It's not an accident. He got his coach fired, then lost his starting job. Ask them in Detroit if Drew Stanton is a "success." But he's irrelevant anyway, since he was the 43rd draft pick, not #57 or later. I said #57 because that was where Brock Osweiler was drafted.

But, I said around 118 QBs taken at #57 in the second round (which is the 25th pick in the 2nd round) or later in the last 15 years since Tom Brady, and only Russell Wilson was any good. That means late 2nd through 7th round.

Fifteen years is significant. 118 or so QBs is significant. Teams tried to develop every one of those guys and failed.

The rest of that crew you mentioned is out of the league. So, no. "Success" is not defined by "I maybe coulda been a contenda except my team sucked and now I sell insurance."

You don't get to rewrite history and tell us Schaub was a bad QB. Heading into last year the consensus on him was that he was a good player. You also don't get to point to White and try to use him as an analogy when he's clearly not. I'm sorry that I actually hold your argument to some scrutiny; difficulty can often arise when that occurs.

Schaub was a franchise QB for about four or five years in Houston, and they sought him out and traded for him. Ironically Kubiak got canned not just for the play of a QB who was often very good, but for all kinds of different woes. I know, I know, it's much easier to just blame Schaub for everything and ignore his success.

Cugel, in case you didn't know, facts are stubborn things.

I already picked apart your arbitrary and meaningless selection of which part of the second round matters most. If I were you, I'd ignore that as well.

Next time you address, show some class when you type my name. In some states right now you're technically my wife.

#styledonremix

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

I already picked apart your arbitrary and meaningless selection of which part of the second round matters most. If I were you, I'd ignore that as well.
    Brock Osweiler was drafted #57. THAT's what makes it relevant. How many QBs were drafted where Brock was, or later in the last 15 years and were any good.

Answer: 1 - Russell Wilson.

You're making idiotic arguments about Matt Schaub, about how he was "a franchise QB for 4 years", blah, blah, blah.

Well, so was Kyle Boller. And just like Kyle Boller, Schaub got his coach fired. So, no, that's not "good." Kubiak is not the coach in Houston any more. He got fired because he didn't win. And he didn't win because he had a crappy QB. And the proof he's a crappy QB is that he doesn't have a starting job anywhere in the NFL right now, and never will again because he's subbing behind a real SB winning Qb.

All of you who like to make arguments merely for the sake of talking nonsense should ask a simple question:

"Would you be happy at all if Matt Schaub came to Denver to become the Broncos 'Franchise QB' and Elway was predicting that Schaub would lead the team to the SB?"

Answer: No. So, if Osweiler becomes as good as Schaub was, and Denver struggles to make the playoffs, and Elway has to fire Kubiak, would that be a "success?"

Case closed.
    Last edited by Cugel; 07-28-2015 at 12:21 PM.

The Montana Giraffe is going to be a solid starting qb. The end.

#nostratimmybitches
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Please compare the stats of Kyle Boller to Schaub, who was a legitimate pro bowl QB and lead the league in passing one season. That is not analogous to a first round draft pick who struggled his entire career despite being surrounded by a good offensive line, a great TE, and solid wideouts. Please stop trying to compare those two players with the 'they got their coaches fired' as if Kubiak didn't have major failings in Houston. I can't tell if you're proffering up a strange form of homerism or just being basking in obtuseness.

14. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information