Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Osweiler not taking Manning's knowledge for granted.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Default Osweiler not taking Manning's knowledge for granted.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...7-907fcff597b2

While it has been tough for QB Brock Osweiler to watch and learn the past three seasons from QB Peyton Manning, he's not taking any of No. 18's knowledge for granted.

Quarterback Brock Osweiler has spent his three years in Denver watching and learning from the unquestioned future Hall-of-Fame quarterback Peyton Manning

But while it might be difficult for Osweiler to sit back and spend these years learning the ropes from Manning, he isn’t taking any of the wisdom and experience he’s gained for granted.

“I'd be lying to you if I said it hasn't been tough to not play over the past three years,” Osweiler said Tuesday on Yahoo! Sports Radio, “but the one thing I do know is… that I'm going to work on a daily basis with one of the greatest quarterbacks to ever play the game and I guess I really just want to make the most of that situation.”

Osweiler has remained patient these past years spending his time improving his football IQ while also mentally preparing for each game like he’s the starter because he’ll never know when he’s needed. Just last season, Osweiler had to step in for Manning during a divisional game at San Diego for a series to finish the first half.

“I think in this league you consistently need to be getting better on a daily basis and when you're around a guy like Peyton you're able to do that because you're constantly learning so much,” Osweiler said. “So, that was one way I was able to stay patient but then at the same time every single week I prepare like I'm going to be playing because at any point in time in this league the starter can go down. …My head's been in the game as though I was the guy.”

2. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

That fool better be ready to step up!!! Fans will soon be saying Russell Wilson who!?
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

4. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I hope he pans out, i like him and think he will do well but nothing is ever guaranteed.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I hope he pans out, i like him and think he will do well but nothing is ever guaranteed.
    He had all the grace of a newborn baby moose in the pocket last year.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    This is some killer insight here.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

#HotTakesFromNorth

11. The Following 4 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

#NorththenewNostradamustakenfromTimmeh!

Nobody is taking my title, especially in a thread about the Montana giraffe.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Bwhahhahahahaah, well played Timmy, well played.

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    That fool better be ready to step up!!! Fans will soon be saying Russell Wilson who!?
    It would be nice if you were right, but you're not. The Broncos don't think Osweiler is remotely as good as Russell Wilson. RW is a franchise QB who has led his team to 2 SBs and won one. If the Broncos thought they had a SB caliber QB in Osweiler, they would NEVER in Hell brought back Peyton Manning for his last season. They'd have let Peyton walk off into the sunset and been eager to start the Osweiler era.

Just the way that the Packers told Brett Favre when he tried to come back to the Packers, "thanks for the memories Brett, and have fun sexting in NY. But, we've got Aaron Rogers and we're going with him!"

The Broncos didn't do that because after seeing Brock for years in meetings, in closed practices, and reviewing all the tape they don't think he's something special. Actions speak louder than words. They will give him the starting job, but they will also be looking for a long-term franchise QB and Osweiler isn't that guy. He's going to be a place holder until Elway finds a better QB, which may take a few years.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    It would be nice if you were right, but you're not. The Broncos don't think Osweiler is remotely as good as Russell Wilson. RW is a franchise QB who has led his team to 2 SBs and won one. If the Broncos thought they had a SB caliber QB in Osweiler, they would NEVER in Hell brought back Peyton Manning for his last season. They'd have let Peyton walk off into the sunset and been eager to start the Osweiler era.

Just the way that the Packers told Brett Favre when he tried to come back to the Packers, "thanks for the memories Brett, and have fun sexting in NY. But, we've got Aaron Rogers and we're going with him!"

The Broncos didn't do that because after seeing Brock for years in meetings, in closed practices, and reviewing all the tape they don't think he's something special. Actions speak louder than words. They will give him the starting job, but they will also be looking for a long-term franchise QB and Osweiler isn't that guy. He's going to be a place holder until Elway finds a better QB, which may take a few years.
    You have an active imagination.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

If Seattle had signed Peyton Manning, Russell Wilson would still be on their bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    If Seattle had signed Peyton Manning, Russell Wilson would still be on their bench.
    Just like Aaron Rogers sat on the Packers bench when Hall of Famer and SB winning QB Brett Favre wanted to come back for 1 more year, . . . oh, wait.

Aaron Rogers played in exactly 7 games in 3 seasons, prior to being given the starting job in Green Bay over Favre. They didn't know they had a future Hall of Famer when they gave him the starting job, they thought they had a QB who could lead the team in the future, so they went with him, instead of bringing Brett back for a final year.

Denver did the opposite. Why? Because the team has looked at Brock and does NOT conclude they have a franchise QB in him they can build around.

He's apparently a serviceable Qb (in their view) and they're going to give him a chance to start and see how he does, but they are in no rush about it. They might even bring Peyton back for the final year on his contract next year depending on how he does in the new offense, in which case Brock will try and find a job elsewhere where he'll have a chance to become a starter in 2016. He's said it's been very hard on him to have to wait all this time for his chance, and his contract expires this year. His patience might just wear out if forced to sit for yet another year (totalling five).

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Just like Aaron Rogers sat on the Packers bench when Hall of Famer and SB winning QB Brett Favre wanted to come back for 1 more year, . . . oh, wait.

Aaron Rogers played in exactly 7 games in 3 seasons, prior to being given the starting job in Green Bay over Favre. They didn't know they had a future Hall of Famer when they gave him the starting job, they thought they had a QB who could lead the team in the future, so they went with him, instead of bringing Brett back for a final year.

Denver did the opposite. Why? Because the team has looked at Brock and does NOT conclude they have a franchise QB in him they can build around.

He's apparently a serviceable Qb (in their view) and they're going to give him a chance to start and see how he does, but they are in no rush about it. They might even bring Peyton back for the final year on his contract next year depending on how he does in the new offense, in which case Brock will try and find a job elsewhere where he'll have a chance to become a starter in 2016. He's said it's been very hard on him to have to wait all this time for his chance, and his contract expires this year. His patience might just wear out if forced to sit for yet another year (totalling five).
    The Packers with Rodgers went 6-10 his first year starting. Following a 13-3 year from Favre.

I think you're talking out of your ass, as usual.

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    You have an active imagination.
    And you have no imagination at all.

What would you do if you were John Elway and you thought that Osweiler was a franchise QB? Would you bring back Peyton for one last ditch chance after 3 post seasons ended in disaster and humiliation? Or would you figure it's time to start your QB of the future?

Plenty of Broncos fans (not including me) wanted "to see what we've got in Brock!" Many wanted to send Peyton packing at the end of last season, and some still do now. Their numbers will only grow if Peyton struggles in the new offense this year (certainly possible since they have only a raw rookie starting at LT).

What's the point in bringing Peyton back if you think Brock is going to be the franchise QB the team can build around for the next 6-10 years? Why waste another year when he's going to need time to develop anyway? The sooner they get him in the better, right?

Logical conclusion, since they didn't do that: They don't think Brock is anything special. They are in no hurry to get to the Osweiler era.
    Last edited by Cugel; 07-15-2015 at 04:21 PM.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information