Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ATM offers tasty, hasty Big Mac

Default ATM offers tasty, hasty Big Mac

What’s not to like about a free Big Mac?

The plan is to dispense them from an ATM-like machine, according to Boston burger enthusiasts.

McDonald’s is launching two new versions of the Big Mac — the Big Mac Jr. and the Grand Mac — with a giveaway promotion in Kenmore Square Tuesday.

A McDonald’s statement said the chain “is excited to invite the local community to experience the Big Mac ATM in order to try these delicious new Big Mac sizes firsthand.” Burgers will be dispensed Tuesday between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. “while supplies last.”

http://www.bostonherald.com/business..._hasty_big_mac

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

I'm curious what temperature they're kept at, although I don't know if it matters with McDonalds

3. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Yeah it was on the news last night

My chiropractor has a burger from McDonalds that's been in a transparent plastic box for all to see, for several years now.

It still hasn't grown mold...

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

There is one of these in Vegas but for gourmet cupcakes. It's actually kinda cool.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    There is one of these in Vegas but for gourmet cupcakes. It's actually kinda cool.
    Yes, gourmet food and vending machines go hand-in-hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    My chiropractor has a burger from McDonalds that's been in a transparent plastic box for all to see, for several years now.

It still hasn't grown mold...
    Then he did something to preserve it

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    no, I've seen this a few times on TV. The burgers and fries there are already so full of crap that they do not break down, you can leave a mcdonalds fry sitting on a table for decades and it wont change.

Here's an explanation
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b08ffac127174c

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	10105

Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

While I don't believe 90% of the stuff on snopes, as it has been proven they are paid for certain articles and have been sued for distributing false information, I will accept that but I can post hundreds of these examples. Shit I was going through my old car two summers ago that I hadn't driven in 15 years and found a fry that looked like if just came out of the fryer.

Here's an article from Dr. Keith Warriner, the program director at the University of Guelph's Department of Food Science and Quality Assurance.

“There have been a lot of online videos and photos touting the fact that when left out for an extended period of time, a McDonald’s hamburger does not rot and that this is because they are laden with chemicals. The reality is that McDonald’s hamburgers, french fries and chicken are like all foods, and do rot if kept under certain conditions.

Essentially, the microbes that cause rotting are a lot like ourselves, in that they need water, nutrients, warmth and time to grow. If we take one or more of these elements away, then microbes cannot grow or spoil food.

In the example of a McDonald’s hamburger, the patty loses water in the form of steam during the cooking process. The bun, of course, is made out of bread. Toasting it reduces the amount of moisture. This means that after preparation, the hamburger is fairly dry. When left out open in the room, there is further water loss as the humidity within most buildings is around 40%. So in the absence of moisture or high humidity, the hamburger simply dries out, rather than rot.

With moisture loss, we take away an element required by microbes to grow and cause spoilage. So to spoil a McDonald’s hamburger, we simply need to prevent the moisture loss. This can be done through wrapping it in cling film to prevent moisture from escaping, or storing it within a high humidity environment, such as a bathroom (notice black mould on your bathroom windows but not in your bedroom). If you try doing the same experiment with a homemade burger with similar moisture content as a McDonald’s hamburger and under similar conditions, you’ll probably get the same results.”
    According to him it is true that they can go on forever without rotting, but so can alot of food.

http://gawker.com/14-year-old-mcdona...-the-479547186

On a side note, almost half of the McDonalds fries made for North America are made 20 miles East of where I live, I know 3 people that work at the plant. The fries are made the same as all other fries, the only difference is each company (Mcdonalds, A&W, burger king, McCain etc...) uses a different flavor coating that is sprayed on them.
    Intesting fact, the plant has two fully working McDonalds kitchens in it, but are not used for making anything but fries for taste testing.
    Last edited by weazel; 02-01-2017 at 12:01 PM.

15. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I still won't eat it.

*EDIT: I owe King one McRib. I must eat one, then probably never again.

17. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    No he didn't, he's a friend of mine and know he wouldn't alter the facts to malign McDonalds. He bought and put it in the box.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

A hamburger ATM? Maybe show that image to people protesting minimum wage increases.

20. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    No he didn't, he's a friend of mine and know he wouldn't alter the facts to malign McDonalds. He bought and put it in the box.
    Okay, fair enough.

Seems implausible on the surface, but I suppose anything is possible.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information