Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Demaryius Thomas, Broncos still searching for middle ground as deadline nears

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Is this to counter what I posted or are you using this as a different argument towards someone else or for DT?
    Well, the six starters is completely unrelated to Thomas because Thomas is one of the best three receivers in the league and starts on any team, so yes, the posts are totally unrelated. I happened to be watching NFL Live only a few seconds after that post when they flashed the stat about Thomas, so I made a second post.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I didn't say that tho. I said no way he starts over sanders.
    You also implied he might not beat out Latimer which is false.

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    I do miss the combo of DT, Decker, Welker, Julius and Moreno.That offense was insane and could score at will. It saddens me we couldn't of somehow kept JT. We have some decent TEs now but none of them are on JTs level. He was Mannings favorite red zone target and that is a concern.

Saying that, Sanders was a steal and made me quickly forget about Decker. Who plays slot now that Welker won't be coming back? Hopefully not Sanders. He is a burner and great as a flanker. Putting him in slot and Latimer as the #2 I think would be a huge mistake.
    The Decker / Sanders thing is moot because we wouldn't have gotten Sanders if BDD was still here.

To answer your question, Kubiak has said that Sanders will play more in the slot in three wide formations. Remember, though, our base personnel will be 2 TE, 2 WR, and in that case, the #2 WR will be Sanders. This just gets him on the field for the most snaps, which is a good thing
    I expected that but I still don't like Sanders in the slot.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Well, the six starters is completely unrelated to Thomas because Thomas is one of the best three receivers in the league and starts on any team, so yes, the posts are totally unrelated. I happened to be watching NFL Live only a few seconds after that post when they flashed the stat about Thomas, so I made a second post.
    Ok, just checking.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    You also implied he might not beat out Latimer which is false.
    No I didn't. Here is my post:

no effin way mo. Decker does not start of Manny Sanders. Maybe when we go 3 wide he would over Latimer but thats a stretch
    Moreno does not start over CJ, id argue ball too.
    Beadles may start over shelly smith. Id give him the nod but only because Ive never seen shelly play before. And he goes by shelly
    Franklin would start. No doubt.
    Woody? Who does he start over? Trevathan?- no way in hell. Marshall? Doubtful. Woody sucked at MLB. at WLB he was fine till Trevs moved him inside.

So out of your list I only see 2 potential starters. 1 for sure.

Ah, poor grammar on my part. I see what you mean. I meant it's a stretch to put decker over sanders, not him starting over latimer.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

5. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    Unfortunately for you, all premier WRs are gonna make over $10M per in today's NFL. Saying you're "totally fine" letting an all pro talent like DT walk because of a personal opinion about how much a WR makes is silly. DT is one of the top five beat at his position and should be paid accordingly. Peyton will be gone soon and who ever the new QB is after that will need someone like DT to lean on.
    DT should be paid well over 10+ per year I just hope Denver isn't dumb enough to be the team that gives it to him. He will easily make 13+

With how polished WRs are coming from college these days you can get " premier " production in there rookie contracts ( DT, Dez, green, jones, Gordon, Hilton) Hell Watkins, Benjamin, beckham, and Evans showed us they couldn't be defended as rookies.

I think it's stupid to invest that much money in a WR when they are becoming much easier to find these days.

Unfortunately both of our opinions don't matter
    Last edited by EMB6903; 07-09-2015 at 12:17 AM.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived EMB6903 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sly Williams

I just hope this doesn't get drawn out so long as to foster bad feelings between player/agent and the organisation. We have the ability to pay what Bryant gets in Dallas so let's do that and move on.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

If they are high on Brock as they claim to be - pay DT.

I just don't want a Larry Fitzgerald style situation where we have an elite receiver getting over paid because his production dips because no one can throw him the ball

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalImport View Post
    I just hope this doesn't get drawn out so long as to foster bad feelings between player/agent and the organisation. We have the ability to pay what Bryant gets in Dallas so let's do that and move on.
    I'm speculating wildly here:

I suspect there are already bad feelings. Elway didn't draft DT, DT was sort of a "John Fox guy", he has a bit of a history with drops and injuries to be a top paid WR. Elway basically came out and said that he doesn't think much of DT's hold out (which you'd expect any GM to say).

Not saying all of this can't be overcome and water under the bridge - but it's probably more contentious than the two sides let on.

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post

I just don't want a Larry Fitzgerald style situation where we have an elite receiver getting over paid because his production dips because no one can throw him the ball
    Nobody, other than you, is as high on Brock as they claim to be.

I'm speculating wildly here:

I suspect there are already bad feelings. Elway didn't draft DT, DT was sort of a "John Fox guy", he has a bit of a history with drops and injuries to be a top paid WR. Elway basically came out and said that he doesn't think much of DT's hold out (which you'd expect any GM to say).

Not saying all of this can't be overcome and water under the bridge - but it's probably more contentious than the two sides let on.
    I don't know if there's hard feelings. I just think DT is likely to price himself out of Denver. He wants to create a large compound for his whole family in Georgia, so he is not likely to be interested in giving Denver a reduced deal.

He's also stated for several years he thinks he is more valuable than Dez. His opinion is he and Dez have similar skill sets, but he's not a headcase like Dez. I've heard him communicate those sentiments once when he was drafted, and then again at some point in the last 12 months.

I look for DT to wait for Dez's deal to get done, then ask for more.

I think Larry's situation has more to do with Larry being past his prime. He put up big numbers for years receiving from journeymen QB's. He's not even the #1 in AZ anymore.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I don't know if there's hard feelings. I just think DT is likely to price himself out of Denver. He wants to create a large compound for his whole family in Georgia, so he is not likely to be interested in giving Denver a reduced deal.

He's also stated for several years that he thinks he is more valuable than Dez. His opinion is that he and Dez have similar skill sets, but he's not a headcase like Dez. I look for DT to wait for Dez's deal to get done, then ask for more.
    Either way, now that this has stretched out this long, I'm thinking there will never be a long term deal for DT in Denver.

It's cheaper for us to franchise DT this year anyway, and we've only got a maximum of 2 years left with Manning - I think he plays this year on the franchise tag and then gets overpaid in free agency next year.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Nobody, other than you, is as high on Brock as they claim to be.
    I think Brock is a turd and that he never becomes our starter. Ever. Hope I am wrong.

There, put that in your pipe and smoke it.

16. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I think Brock is a turd and that he never becomes our starter. Ever. Hope I am wrong.

I was going to say you werent one of the one's in his corner thats for sure. lmao

18. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Why do you say that? You haven't seen him play. Nobody has. I don't see how
    we can arrive at an opinion until we see it.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Why do you say that? You haven't seen him play. Nobody has. I don't see how
    we can arrive at an opinion until we see it.
    I watched him in college, I watched him in pre season, I watched him take limited snaps in the regular season.

I have formed my opinion of him based on that.

Call it intuition. The same intuition that tells me latimer is going to out play DT this year.

No idea if it will be accurate - don't care either.

No idea why making a prediction is about a player based on what I have seen is any different to any of the other discussions that takes place on this message board.

I am confident on this one. I bet anyone he never becomes the Broncos starter.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information