Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Demaryius Thomas, Broncos still searching for middle ground as deadline nears

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Demaryius Thomas, Broncos still searching for middle ground as deadline nears

John Elway, the quarterback, excelled at coloring outside the lines. No one improvised better with alarms blaring and seconds ticking down to conclusion.

John Elway, the general manager, excels with strong football acumen, unique business perspective and discipline.

He signed, drafted or negotiated a contract with every player on the Broncos' current roster. Except for one: wide receiver Demaryius Thomas.

The Broncos placed their $12.82 million franchise tag on Thomas in March and have until 2 p.m. on July 15 to secure a long-term deal. If not, Thomas can sign the one-year contract and play on the guaranteed tag this season. Elway sits two-for-two in these situations, having worked out deals with kicker Matt Prater and left tackle Ryan Clady.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...round-deadline

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

gotta get this done

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Leave him franchised

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

He's good, but he isn't worth Calvin Johnson money. The only player Elway can give a $16 million+ annual contract to right now is Von Miller, and that's only if he produces big next year. The Lions had to pay Calvin because of the ridiculous rookie contract situation coupled with his franchise tag number. Dez Bryant and DT are finding out there is no way they are going to match Megatron's deal. Best case scenario is for Dez to be signed by this weekend so Elway and DT's agent can just copy it.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Im sure we will get him for around 14mil per
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

But we don't sign drafted players to new contracts!

Sincerely,

MO

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post

Sincerely,

MO
    This will be a nice post if we actually sign DT. But until then, he ain't wrong.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

IMO, he will sign his tag this year and walk next year to continue the streak of not signing home grown talent.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

from Yahoo article:

Could a deal for Dez Bryant with the Dallas Cowboys in the next days create a more realistic ballpark for Thomas? Sure. And there's no question both Bryant and Thomas deserve more than the No. 2 earning wide receiver, Mike Wallace, whose contract has created umpteen headaches for NFL negotiators the league around.
    full article - http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...154223200.html

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post

Sincerely,

MO
    I'm not really sure what to tell you here, Joe, because the Broncos have signed three players to a second contract or an extension in the last 10 drafts. Two (Chris Kuper and Ryan Clady) were signed by McDaniels and one (Virgil Green) was signed by Elway.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I'm not really sure what to tell you here, Joe, because the Broncos have signed three players to a second contract or an extension in the last 10 drafts. Two (Chris Kuper and Ryan Clady) were signed by McDaniels and one (Virgil Green) was signed by Elway.
    That's a terrible trend.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Damn, I had no idea it was that bad. That's incredibly poor. I wonder what the stats are on that for other top teams like the Pats, Steelers, Packers, etc over that time.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Someone will counter with Chris Harris. Four in 10 years still isn't good IMO.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

If I had to put money on it right now, we let DT walk but give Miller an extension next year. I'd honestly rather extend Miller if I could only pick one, but it would be nice to keep both.

19. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    If I had to put money on it right now, we let DT walk but give Miller an extension next year. I'd honestly rather extend Miller if I could only pick one, but it would be nice to keep both.
    I'm totally fine with letting DT walk.

I'd rather sign Von and Malik to long term extensions.

I'm a big fan of DT just not sold on paying any wr 10+ mil per year.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information