Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Demaryius Thomas, Broncos still searching for middle ground as deadline nears

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    We have two sure things. And three maybes. And nothing at tight end. I'm not worried about how the Seahawks roster of Patriots rosters looked in the past. That Seahawks roster had better receivers than Norwood or Fowler (I'll admit, I know nothing about Fowler), for sure and the Broncos don't have Gronk, they jettisoned that option.
    Well, Mo, Daniels is a two-time Pro-Bowler. I would think that is a bit better than
    "nothing" at TE. And the FO seems to have a very high opinion of Green, judging
    from the contract they gave him (but then, there's the Colquitt contract, so one
    would have to wonder). But two years' of franchise tags on DT ought to be
    enough to prepare the position for the future, shouldn't it?
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Well, Mo, Daniels is a two-time Pro-Bowler. I would think that is a bit better than
    "nothing" at TE. And the FO seems to have a very high opinion of Green, judging
    from the contract they gave him (but then, there's the Colquitt contract, so one
    would have to wonder). But two years' of franchise tags on DT ought to be
    enough to prepare the position for the future, shouldn't it?
    Sorry, I'm not sold on Daniels. Green was fantastic at keeping the shitastic offensive line usable last year, so there's that.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Sorry, I'm not sold on Daniels. Green was fantastic at keeping the shitastic offensive line usable last year, so there's that.
    Well, we can always hope. But at least we can have DT this year through the blessing of Franchise.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Well, we can always hope. But at least we can have DT this year through the blessing of Franchise.
    For this year, yes. I imagine Miller will be Franchised next year, so it would be nice if Denver would get a deal done with Thomas now.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

5. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

For this year, yes. I imagine Miller will be Franchised next year, so it would be nice if Denver would get a deal done with Thomas now.
    I think DT and Dez Bryant are playing a waiting game on each other . . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Elway has let go of much better talent than McDaniels, so let's not get too crazy.
    stop it, MO. . . jay cutler was awesome!

8. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I think DT and Dez Bryant are playing a waiting game on each other . . .
    I'd agree. I've also read that Mike Wallace's contract has basically ****** up all other wide receiver negotiations.

10. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    stop it, MO. . . jay cutler was awesome!
    Something like that.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Ironically, it was in this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Trade DT for Dez Bryant?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    Trade DT for Dez Bryant?
    Hell no.

15. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by EMB6903 View Post
    I'm totally fine with letting DT walk. I'd rather sign Von and Malik to long term extensions. I'm a big fan of DT just not sold on paying any wr 10+ mil per year.
    Unfortunately for you, all premier WRs are gonna make over $10M per in today's NFL. Saying you're "totally fine" letting an all pro talent like DT walk because of a personal opinion about how much a WR makes is silly. DT is one of the top five beat at his position and should be paid accordingly. Peyton will be gone soon and who ever the new QB is after that will need someone like DT to lean on.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

No WR making $10 million or more has a Super Bowl ring. Hopefully DT will be the one. We'll see.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Elway has let go of much better talent than McDaniels, so let's not get too crazy.

I'll completely reserve judgment as long as Elway wins and until Manning retires, but I'll definitely point it out that the track record has not been good, and it's actually been worse with Elway.
    Oh shit, it just got real in here!

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

MO, are you more upset we're not re-signing guys we drafted or that we're drafting poorly?

If it's the not re-signing - who exactly have we let go that you believe we should have re-signed?

20. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information