Thread: Dez Bryant deal possible this week

Default Dez Bryant deal possible this week

Per La Canfora on Twitter. I heard last week that they were looking at something like 7 years, 100 million- no word on guarantees, which would be the important part. That would be just over $14 million a year.

As it relates to us, this would set the market for a DT deal. I assume he would want to top whatever Bryant ends up getting

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Per La Canfora on Twitter. I heard last week that they were looking at something like 7 years, 100 million- no word on guarantees, which would be the important part. That would be just over $14 million a year. As it relates to us, this would set the market for a DT deal. I assume he would want to top whatever Bryant ends up getting
    Hmm. Well this should be revealing news as you mentioned.

My money is on DT walking with no compensation, but I will be a happy man if JFE proves me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    Per La Canfora on Twitter. I heard last week that they were looking at something like 7 years, 100 million- no word on guarantees, which would be the important part. That would be just over $14 million a year. As it relates to us, this would set the market for a DT deal. I assume he would want to top whatever Bryant ends up getting
    Hmm. Well this should be revealing news as you mentioned.

My money is on DT walking with no compensation, but I will be a happy man if JFE proves me wrong.
    those deals should mirror each other. Their values are quite comparable

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Maybe DT does not rate Oz. So the thought of having him throw to him next year makes free agency more appealing.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

If the Broncos don't give Thomas similar money, I'm going to be severely disappointed.

The original philosophy of draft and sign has, up to this point, been nearly a failure.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    If the Broncos don't give Thomas similar money, I'm going to be severely disappointed.

The original philosophy of draft and sign has, up to this point, been nearly a failure.
    I think that's a fair deal for a top 5 WR. We don't know what talks they've been having. But Troy Renck says that DT wants "Calvin Johnson money", which would top this alleged deal for Dez (Johnson signed an 8 year, 132 million with 48 million guaranteed in 2012):

Demaryius Thomas wants Calvin Johnson money, which is $16 million per season and $48 million guaranteed. Fair or not, both numbers are viewed as outliers for the wide receiver position. There's no question that Thomas deserves more than Mike Wallace, the second-highest paid receiver at $12 million per season. But this is not about annual value. It's about the guaranteed money. When you look at what Atlanta's Julio Jones and Cincinnati's A.J.Green will make over the next three years — taking into account this year's salary and, for argument's sake, the franchise tag for two seasons, in 2016 and 2017 — it comes in around $40 million. It would be hard for Thomas to take much less than that. There's no way, in my opinion, the Broncos reach that number.
    The rest: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...er-2015-season

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Read this morning that Dez (based on his ranking as a WR) is worth around 12.5 mil and that he really doesnt have any leverage right now to ask for more than a guy like Calvin Johnson. We shall see how it pans out but according to that article Dez may end up losing in the end.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I think that's a fair deal for a top 5 WR. We don't know what talks they've been having. But Troy Renck says that DT wants "Calvin Johnson money", which would top this alleged deal for Dez (Johnson signed an 8 year, 132 million with 48 million guaranteed in 2012):

The rest: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...er-2015-season
    Of course he wants that type of money, especially when the people in his camp are talking to the media and there's no real baseline for his salary out there yet. It would be shitty negotiations by his agent to start at a lower number.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Of course he wants that type of money, especially when the people in his camp are talking to the media and there's no real baseline for his salary out there yet. It would be shitty negotiations by his agent to start at a lower number.
    I typically negotiate like that, just to confuse them.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information