Thread: Bruton gets my nod

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Default Bruton gets my nod

I'll preface it by saying that this is a totally emotionally biased plug for Bruton free safety. we all know that he has the physical ability to play the position. he's by far our fastest safety. The question has always been his hips inability to change direction. all that aside I was in Denver this week they have a procedure done on my oldest daughter at Childrens Hospital.the Broncos had 4 players there that day at around 11 o'clock to announce an official relationship between the Broncos and children's.

at about 930 we were getting ready to prep my daughter for her surgery and I looked up and there was David hanging out an hour and a half before he needed to be at the hospital for the official photo op. my poor daughter was so shy and she was scared about having her procedure done and David was so kind to her and my other daughter. he was very friendly and open and engaging. You could tell he wasn't just talking to us because it was what he was supposed to do. There was genuine concern. I told him that he has my vote at free safety this year and I'm pulling for him to take that next step.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

It's good what he did for you and your girls (I hope the surgery went well) and he's great on special teams but he is not a starting safety on this team.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

If he can beat the other players at the position than he should get the nod for sure.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

He needs to take some Salsa classes or have shakira teach him some things......Those hips dont lie
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

yes I know as I said in my disclaimer extremely biased.not sure of anybody else on their roster that really excites me the kid we picked up from Indianapolis doesn't really make me go gaga

Great story. I hope everything came out well with your daughter's surgery.

9. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

thanks Zggy. It did. she was born with her esophagus and trachea connected and her esophagus didn't connect to her stomach. she had surgery to fix all those issues about 6 years ago. her pulmonologist just wanted to go in and look at the surgery site on the trachea to see how her airway was doing.glad to see you're not still frustrated with me about my statements on Deke lol

11. The Following 8 Users High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    yes I know as I said in my disclaimer extremely biased.not sure of anybody else on their roster that really excites me the kid we picked up from Indianapolis doesn't really make me go gaga
    The guy from Baltimore you mean?
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Awesome. I just became a Bruton fan after reading this

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dzone For This Post:

That's so Awesome and I'm glad your daughter is ok

16. The Following User High Fived oubronco For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    thanks Zggy. It did. she was born with her esophagus and trachea connected and her esophagus didn't connect to her stomach. she had surgery to fix all those issues about 6 years ago. her pulmonologist just wanted to go in and look at the surgery site on the trachea to see how her airway was doing.glad to see you're not still frustrated with me about my statements on Deke lol
    I'm not frustrated. Through my job and my faith I've learned never to take offense. People forget that the reason it's called taking offense is because you actually have to take it. No one can offend you if you don't let them. I consider our disagreements on this forum all good banter. If everyone's opinion were the same this place would be boring.

Glad your baby girl is doing well. I loved the story.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sly Williams

He played well when called to start last season. Even if Bruton can't win the start this year, I think we all agree that we're happy he's on the team.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived SoCalImport For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

he really stepped up down the stretch last year - i don't know if he is good enough to start, but i totally agree, he is well worth a roster spot and because of this story, i am now pulling for him too

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Very cool - Bruton is all class. He seemed to turn a corner at safety last year as well. One of my favorite current Broncos for sure.

24. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Greg Dulcich

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Very cool - Bruton is all class. He seemed to turn a corner at safety last year as well. One of my favorite current Broncos for sure.
    Agreed on all accounts. He's been the Special Teams captain for how many years now? Most assuredly he's kept it because he's a leader on and off the field.

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. ---- Pope John Paul II

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information