Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Saad traded to Columbus

Default Saad traded to Columbus

King, Saad just got traded to the Jackets for Anisimov, Morin, Dano and another player

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Thisis is shit and it has ruined my day

****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****!

That kid has insane talent, he gets better by the playoff SERIES, he's clutch, he can play offense and defense, and we failed to be able to sign him because we couldn't move bickell or sharp. DAMMIT!

4. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

pretty much my feeling as well man. Blame the NHL and its antiquated cap system. They need to move to the NBA style cap, way better

Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

At least we have depth at center. The prospect is supposed to be pretty good and Ani IS a good player. Saad could be top five in the world, though, especially he continued to roll with the big dogs.

yeah it pretty much sucks balls... hopefully Panarin is as good as they say, would be a cheap part to fill out the roster. The best part of his deal is if he doesnt make the NHL club, he is going back to the KHL, so the hawks are off the hook for his salary

8. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Thank ya'll for Sharp and the young d-man. Have fun with Daley. lol

10. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

SR

Enjoy the declining skills and locker room issue. It did give me some joy that Duncan Keith dropped Sharpie in the locker room in the regular season.

12. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Still better for this team for 2 years than what we gave up.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Is it? Is he really worth that much money? A slowing speedster with declining skills in other areas of the game is worth at much?

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Is it? Is he really worth that much money? A slowing speedster with declining skills in other areas of the game is worth at much?
    Adds skill and experience at LW on the 2nd line for 2 years. When contract is up, money is freed to extend Benn. Add a solid right shot stay at home D-man prospect and it's a good deal for a 3rd line winger that always takes dumb penalties and a 31 year old D-man who thinks he's a winger and makes everyone around him worse.

Chicago did this deal to get under the cap. Not because they want to dump all these players. I know Sharp enough to know he isn't the scrub you are playing him out to be. It's all good though.

Adds skill and experience at LW on the 2nd line for 2 years. When contract is up, money is freed to extend Benn. Add a solid right shot stay at home D-man prospect and it's a good deal for a 3rd line winger that always takes dumb penalties and a 31 year old D-man who thinks he's a winger and makes everyone around him worse.

Chicago did this deal to get under the cap. Not because they want to dump all these players. I know Sharp enough to know he isn't the scrub you are playing him out to be. It's all good though.
    Slow your roll partner, I never called him a scrub. Don't put words in my mouth. Of course they did this to get under the cap, they wanted to trade him last year as well. They've been trying to get out from underneath his deal for awhile now. And I'm not convinced Sharp is worth five million, let alone six, especially since his play is dropping off. He's demonstrably not as fast as he once was, and he's not the 'sniper' that he used to be. Yeah, hockey players can play a long time and still be good, but Sharp is kind of a linear player. He might do well with a new team, but I doubt that he either plays up to that contract, or gives you two great years, let alone one.

The only problem with the deal for the 'Hawks is that we didn't do it fast enough to have a real shot at keeping Saad. That's the ******* thing that stings. Hopefully we'll be able to move Bickell as well.

I have always liked Sharp but he had to go. The locker room issues and his sleeping with anything that moved, including a teammates wife/girlfriend made it impossible for them to keep him around. His skills have declined and he is a couple steps slower, he really looked out of place this season. The only thing I don't like is the trade happened too late, wish we could have kept Saad.

I think they got a lot of return for him and I like Daley.

18. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    I have always liked Sharp but he had to go. The locker room issues and his sleeping with anything that moved, including a teammates wife/girlfriend made it impossible for them to keep him around. His skills have declined and he is a couple steps slower, he really looked out of place this season. The only thing I don't like is the trade happened too late, wish we could have kept Saad.

I think they got a lot of return for him and I like Daley.
    Fair enough. We can revisit the "liking" of Daley in a few months and see if you still feel that way. I'll be interested to see who they pair him with and how long it will take for that player to want to choke the hell out of him.

20. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Daley will be allowed to do his offensive thing in Chicago because they will probably pair him with Seabrook or Hjalmarsson, who are both very defensively sound. I would love for them to be able to re-sign Oduya but I don't see it happening. Unfortunately the NHL's archaic hard cap makes it impossible for successful teams to keep their players, but at the same time, rewarding the worst teams for not doing their job.

BTW... I wonder if the weather girl that Sharp impregnated is going to move to Dallas with Sharp's family?
    Last edited by weazel; 07-13-2015 at 01:34 PM.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information