Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lebron James opts out of final year of contract with Cavs

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Default Lebron James opts out of final year of contract with Cavs

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13...ome-free-agent

LeBron James will bypass his $21.6 million player option with the Cleveland Cavaliers and become a free agent on July 1, sources told ESPN.com.The move, which was expected, marks the third time in the past six years that James will be an unrestricted free agent. This time is expected to have a different outcome, as James intends to re-sign with his current team, sources said.

LeBron James is opting out but intends to re-sign with the Cavs, sources told ESPN. Ezra Shaw/Getty ImagesJames also does not plan to meet with other teams, sources told ESPN's Chris Broussard.

Last week, Cavs general manager David Griffin said the team had been in regular contact with James since the end of the Finals and that he was "very engaged" in discussions about the roster. Sources told ESPN, however, it is James' intention to stay somewhat removed from the Cavs' free agency until other free agents are handled.

He's no Jordan. I think we established that in the last thread. Not as good nor is he an equal.

Wouldn't be suprised if he ended up with the Spurs, Thunder or Golden State. Hahaha

Championnnnnnship. #winning #charliesheen
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I thought he might leave too but apparently he just wants it restructured. But, we shall see if that actually pans out as he plans to wait until the other free agents are re-signed. I had read though that the Blazers are interested in Love.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    He's no Jordan. I think we established that in the last thread. Not as good nor is he an equal.

Wouldn't be suprised if he ended up with the Spurs, Thunder or Golden State. Hahaha

Want to make a bet? I'll take LeBron in Cleveland and you get the 29 other teams. Any terms you want, make them as extreme as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post

Want to make a bet? I'll take LeBron in Cleveland and you get the 29 other teams. Any terms you want, make them as extreme as possible.
    Nope, the pressure is on for him to stay in Cleveland. I said I wouldn't be suprised, not that it was the gospel truth.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Nope, the pressure is on for him to stay in Cleveland. I said I wouldn't be suprised, not that it was the gospel truth.
    There is a 0% chance he signs somewhere other than Cleveland this offseason.

7. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

There is a 0% chance he signs somewhere other than Cleveland this offseason.
    He wants Blatt gone and if the big baby doesn't get his way I wouldn't be suprised if he left. He's waiting to see what the Cavs will do.

Meanwhile im laughing my dick off.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

He wants Blatt gone and if the big baby doesn't get his way I wouldn't be suprised if he left. He's waiting to see what the Cavs will do.

You're right, if Cleveland does something that no modern NBA team would ever do and go against the wishes of the best player in the game, then yeah, they could lose him.

So like I said, 0% chance.

You're right, if Cleveland does something that no modern NBA team would ever do and go against the wishes of the best player in the game, then yeah, they could lose him.

So like I said, 0% chance.
    Oh ok Nostradamus. That's like saying there's 0% chance I won't get in a car wreck on the way to work tomorrow. There's always a chance. If the Cavs owner goes senile again and starts pulling Josh McDaniles type of moves then Lebron could walk. It's simple, he's playing the wait and see game now. If the big baby doesn't like it he goes elsewhere. It's at least possible....

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Oh ok Nostradamus. That's like saying there's 0% chance I won't get in a car wreck on the way to work tomorrow. There's always a chance. If the Cavs owner goes senile again and starts pulling Josh McDaniles type of moves then Lebron could walk. It's simple, he's playing the wait and see game now. If the big baby doesn't like it he goes elsewhere. It's at least possible....
    There are zero relevant or coherent thoughts here.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

12. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

@HPbasketball: Report: LeBron does the thing everyone’s said he was going to do for several months and will do the other thing everyone has said.

This is basically red tape and absolutely nothing to get excited about.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Remember when the greedy, crybaby Jordan demanded Phil Jackson be re-signed and when he got $30 million for a single season?

http://articles.latimes.com/1996-07-...23758_1_jordan

16. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Jordan was dealing with horrible management in the Bulls. I can understand his frustration. LBJ does have a bit of a history of being a baby, so it's probably easier to label him as doing that now. But I don't think he's being a baby now.

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    @HPbasketball: Report: LeBron does the thing everyone’s said he was going to do for several months and will do the other thing everyone has said.

This is basically red tape and absolutely nothing to get excited about.
    Was that after his 4th championship?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Was that after his 4th championship?
    Did you quote the wrong post or are insinuating that only someone who wins the arbitrary four championships is allowed to maximize his earning potential?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information