Poll: Who should the avs take at 10?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who should the Avalanche draft?

Default Who should the Avalanche draft?

We pick 10th and there are quite a few guys here who make sense. I ultimately believe we make a trade but for simplicity assume we stay at 10. Who do you got?

I personally want Ivan Provorov. He is a skilled smart D man. He also plays the body which we seem to have less and less of. He is ranked #7 as North American. he may be around at 10. Itll be close. The European skaters have a few that will sneak in ahead of him no doubt.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Someone other than a forward or goalie than can contribute right now.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    Someone other than a forward or goalie than can contribute right now.

That's Ivan.
    Good news is that Siemens has been turning heads. I'd love to see him make the roster this year. His off ice stuff is apparently behind him and he plays defense how it should be played. Angry!

He, Ivan, ej, Tyson young and sexy
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

The Av's need some veteran presence... they should trade for Sharp.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    The Av's need some veteran presence... they should trade for Sharp.

Id be game. I think PK is off the menu now, but Id have loved to see that. Itll be real interesting to see what we do with the 10 and Orielly. Both could be packaged or just separate trades altogether. Our trading has been really meh though. We seem to have gotten the worse end of the deal on all the trades except for the blues trade w stewart.

I think we have enough vets...tangs, mcginn, mitchell, briere,....Sharpey would be awesome but I would like to see some Blue line help and an offensive playmaker. Hishon seems like he may be a playmaker. Mackinnon is a playmaker, dutchy should be but he is not. Neither is Rino nor Landy.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

6. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

It better be a defenseman. We've turned into the Edmonton Oilers.

8. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

SR

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    It better be a defenseman. We've turned into the Edmonton Oilers.

Just imagine if:

1. Duncan Seimens (#9 overall 2 years ago) does make the team and is the Dman I thought he was when I wanted us to draft him.
    2. Somehow Ivan Povorov falls to us at 10 and we take him. He is the most NHL ready D in the draft. Him and Seimens and EJ and Tyson +
    3. Roy does convince Radulov to forgo his russian contract and come play for us.

We would instantly be a contender again!....A serious contender!! And all 3 things are well within a reasonable probability of occurring. We could be the next black hawks or kings. Our top 4 D would be monstorous and our forwards would be amongst the best in the league. Perhaps the best.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Radulov is a mess... you don't want that head case

Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Just imagine if: 1. Duncan Seimens (#9 overall 2 years ago) does make the team and is the Dman I thought he was when I wanted us to draft him. 2. Somehow Ivan Povorov falls to us at 10 and we take him. He is the most NHL ready D in the draft. Him and Seimens and EJ and Tyson + 3. Roy does convince Radulov to forgo his russian contract and come play for us. We would instantly be a contender again!....A serious contender!! And all 3 things are well within a reasonable probability of occurring. We could be the next black hawks or kings. Our top 4 D would be monstorous and our forwards would be amongst the best in the league. Perhaps the best.
    If the defense is average (15th in the league) Varley can make up the difference. This team doesn't need a top five defense to contend. They don't need a defense full of all stars. They need to not be awful.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    Radulov is a mess... you don't want that head case

Roy can keep his ass in check. He is pulling a reverse Kovulchuk and only seems to respond to Roy. Id be fine with Radulov just for a title or two and then send him on his way. The guy has undeniably sick skills. He is worth it imo
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

After watching the playoffs, this team is a hella long ways off of being a contender. I enjoyed watching the Lightning, who turned into the kind of team people were hoping Avalanche would be.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    After watching the playoffs, this team is a hella long ways off of being a contender. I enjoyed watching the Lightning, who turned into the kind of team people were hoping Avalanche would be.
    Tampa's going to be good for a while. Just seen the new schedule, looks like we will be going to the Capitals-Lightning game December 12 in Tampa

Today has been a good day for us. Miko fell to us which was a nice pleasant surprise...one of the top EU skaters. Made bank with the radar trade....and sekera is a FA and we are going to go hard after him or oduya.

Well done avs, well done.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Today has been a good day for us. Miko fell to us which was a nice pleasant surprise...one of the top EU skaters. Made bank with the radar trade....and sekera is a FA and we are going to go hard after him or oduya. Well done avs, well done.
    I think the opposite...traded proven talent and depth for nothing and selected a forward with the 10th pick.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

10) Colorado Avalanche

Mikko Rantanen, Right wing
    NHL Central Scouting final ranking (European): 1
    2014-15: TPS (FIN); 56 games, 9-19-28

Summary: Rantanen (6-foot-3, 211 pounds) played regular even-strength shifts and on the power play with TPS, averaging 16:14 of ice time per game. His four goals at the 2015 IIHF World Junior Championship were half of Finland's total for the tournament. Regarded as a big, strong, mature, mobile two-way power forward who protects the puck well, he has a great reach and is very strong in battles along the boards and in the corners. He is considered by many to be the best prospect from Europe this season.

Profile: Finland's Rantanen tops list of international skaters
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=7...id=DL|NHL|home

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information