Page 51 of 92 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Draftkings

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I just have been burned by stars and scrubs too many times in majors, and in the milly maker I'm trying to focus on guys who have legit Top 20 upside. I might be back on the Steve Stricker train.
    Right?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I clearly have no idea what I'm doing yet. Can you guys set me up with a joint lineup for a contest or two? Then I can get the feel of it.

I'll probably sub in SWK. There is something about him I like. Korea is windy. And I like Rose and Koepka on a personal level.

Please?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I clearly have no idea what I'm doing yet. Can you guys set me up with a joint lineup for a contest or two? Then I can get the feel of it.

I'll probably sub in SWK. There is something about him I like. Korea is windy. And I like Rose and Koepka on a personal level.

Please?
    Try the $1 Single Entry. I think there’s an $8 one too, or you could go straight into the Milli-maker. The Pat Mayo Experience YouTube or pod is a good place to get some cursory knowledge.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

4. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Also, Koepka, Rose, Si Woo isn’t a bad start to a lineup.

6. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Please?
    I personally feel like there isn't a ton of rhyme or reason to golf roster construction. Like, I could give you 1000 tips on football/baseball to maximize correlation and balance salary between different positions - which positions to spend up on, which positions to spend down on - but with golf it often feels like it comes down to just clicking buttons.

My only real tips are be careful about loading up on lower salary guys who are more volatile and likelier to miss the cut... And at a tournament like the U.S. Open where birdies and eagle opportunities will be limited, you're looking a little more at finishing position than usual (in a normal week you want to target guys who will have the most birdie opportunities).

Here is one of my lineups that I feel reasonably decent about - it's a little top heavy though with Day and Fowler.

Jason Day
    Rickie Fowler
    Tony Finau
    Luke List
    Shane Lowry
    Brent Snedeker

8. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I feel like Jason Day is the guy where the touts are the most all over the map... Some guys love him for his putter, others think he's a total fade due to his iron play... I am a little biased in that I have memories from Chambers Bay and whichever one before that where he was just a machine. What are your thoughts on Day, MO?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I feel like Jason Day is the guy where the touts are the most all over the map... Some guys love him for his putter, others think he's a total fade due to his iron play... I am a little biased in that I have memories from Chambers Bay and whichever one before that where he was just a machine. What are your thoughts on Day, MO?
    I think I’m out on Day at the moment. He’s made himself relevant with the putter this year, though. On the flip side, his ball striking is surprisingly bad this year. I tend to lean towards ball strikers, as you may have noticed though, Casey, Sergio, Rose.

I feel like I’m going to land on Spieth, Fowler and Rose up at the top with maybe Dustin Johnson in a couple lineups.

11. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

I’m winning a $1 50/50

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Ok. In the big $20 promo tourney with Rose, Koepka, Matsuyama, Casey, List, and Kim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

OK. Let's get down to business.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Ok. In the big $20 promo tourney with Rose, Koepka, Matsuyama, Casey, List, and Kim.
    Spieth, Fowler, Oosthuizen, Wise, Stricker, Brian Gay.

18. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

BTW, Hawg, so you know I wasn't blowing smoke earlier: I enter 20 lineups in the $1, $10 in 50/50s and the $20 milli-maker, 0 percent Day, 80 percent Casey, 70 percent Oosthuizen, 65 percent Rose, 55 percent Fowler, 25 percent Spieth.

But I went Spieth, Fowler, Oosthuizen in the $20 because I'm expecting lower field ownership than Casey and Rose. That lineup is pretty contrarian, which basically means if I hit 5/6 or 6/6 with the cut, I could stand to make some good money. If not, I'm probably out $20.

20. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I think this contest dashboard is free - lets you see if your lineup is duplicated by anyone else in the tournament and gives your your exposure to players relative to the rest of the field - https://www.fantasylabs.com/pga/contests-dashboard/

My highest leverage players relative to the field are: DeChambeau, Snedecker, Finau, Oosthiuzen, Stenson and Grace.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Did you max the million dollar Buff?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Did you max the million dollar Buff?
    I don't think I've ever maxed a 150 entry at any buy in level - I ended up with 30 entries, which was about 15 more than I intended... I get a little overzealous for these first couple majors. 38 players and a max single exposure of 50% to a single player (Bryson)...

24. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information