Page 1 of 92 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Draftkings

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Default Draftkings

Does anyone else play Daily Fantasy Sports? I'm heavily invested in the U.S. Open Millionaire maker this weekend. I may be a millionaire by Sunday and ditch you losers forever! But more likely I will just be a little broker than I was yesterday.

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

I havent checked it out for any sports other than football and hockey.

How is the golf one?
    What do you have? Are you doing well overall?

I won $350 last year in football. I won $7 in hockey but ended up negative $25. I am actually thinking about dropping one of my fantasy leagues this year and using that money for the weekly fantasy bets. I have got a pretty good handle on how the people who have won a lot of money do it. I also find that when I use the best lineup calculator, if the calculator has a big week planned I usually do the opposite and it has payed off well for me.

I think I actually enjoy the winning aspect more than the $ aspect. I do like to do a lot of the $2 and $5 entries.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

4. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

C'mon Buff. Remember the one time I took up for you on that one thing?

I haven't tried DK. I think my cousin used it last football season. I like Bovada.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Buff, tell me more about this stuff.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Great bump Mo!

I just registered/deposited my gf today so we could get an additional $250 and the one free play. I think I may use her for the 50:50s and mine for the big money bets. If all works out her 50/50 winnings can maybe re-supply or keep my going on the big ones if I don't place.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Great bump Mo!

I just registered/deposited my gf today so we could get an additional $250 and the one free play. I think I may use her for the 50:50s and mine for the big money bets. If all works out her 50/50 winnings can maybe re-supply or keep my going on the big ones if I don't place.
    I deposited $25 and entered a lineup for the MLB tomorrow on the free play. I think I plan on playing football, mostly, though. Your comment above about using some money from another league on this got me to thinking, I didn't spend any money on fantasy football this year, so I've got a little extras cash hanging around. I'm going to set my limit at $100 and see what happens.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

9. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Buff, tell me more about this stuff.
    I have become a DFS junkie after starting with football last year - now I play it all, MLB, PGA, NBA, MMA, Nascar. Will probably have a couple entries in the kickoff Millionaire Maker - but 500k in one tournament is ridiculous - you'll need basically the exact perfect lineup to win.

I recommend entering a couple of $2 or $3 tournaments to start, get a feel for roster construction and the competition. Also play a couple of 50/50s that are more forgiving and easier to cash. Keep in mind that you can only expect to cash in tournaments ~10-20% of the time, but smaller cash games would be closer to ~50%, so set your expectations and your rosters accordingly. (Generally speaking in a cash game you want guys with higher floors, in a tournament you want higher ceiling guys.) I can go on and on... You should have told me you guys were signing up, you could have used my link.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I have become a DFS junkie after starting with football last year - now I play it all, MLB, PGA, NBA, MMA, Nascar. Will probably have a couple entries in the kickoff Millionaire Maker - but 500k in one tournament is ridiculous - you'll need basically the exact perfect lineup to win.

I recommend entering a couple of $2 or $3 tournaments to start, get a feel for roster construction and the competition. Also play a couple of 50/50s that are more forgiving and easier to cash. Keep in mind that you can only expect to cash in tournaments ~10-20% of the time, but smaller cash games would be closer to ~50%, so set your expectations and your rosters accordingly. (Generally speaking in a cash game you want guys with higher floors, in a tournament you want higher ceiling guys.) I can go on and on... You should have told me you guys were signing up, you could have used my link.
    Yeah, I realized that after I signed up. We'll see how this baseball goes, but like I said, I'll probably stick to football (college and pro) to start.

13. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I actually have played ESPN's free college football challenge (which is essentially what this is) on and off for probably six or seven years, but I didn't have anything invested so I just took 30 seconds to set a lineup and sometimes didn't even come back to check. Obviously, having some skin in the game might change my attitude.

Same. I was using fan duel last year but this year I wanted to give draft kings a go and since they will match up to the $250 I figured it was a no brainier.....only after I registered did I notice the referral thingy. Oh well.

How successful have you been buff? I think I've got my strategy pretty well figured out. My goal is to make around 10-20 bucks a week in the 50/50 and use those winnings to keep giving me shots at the big bucks.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I got into this tonight way more than I should have. I'm in some MLB $5K Moonshot thing for tomorrow night that only includes the 10 p.m. EDT games...

Lineup:
    P - Clayton Kershaw
    P - Sonny Gray
    C - Chris Iannetta
    1B - Billy Butler
    2B - Rougned Oder
    3B - Adrian Beltre
    SS - Marcus Semien
    OF - Logan Morrison
    OF - Coco Crisp
    OF - Ben Paulsen

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I got into this tonight way more than I should have. I'm in some MLB $5K Moonshot thing for tomorrow night that only includes the 10 p.m. EDT games...

Lineup:
    P - Clayton Kershaw
    P - Sonny Gray
    C - Chris Iannetta
    1B - Billy Butler
    2B - Rougned Oder
    3B - Adrian Beltre
    SS - Marcus Semien
    OF - Logan Morrison
    OF - Coco Crisp
    OF - Ben Paulsen
    I don't hate this, but you probably have too many value bats for tonight for that particular tournament. In the $3 tournies you'll need more upside with your hitters in such a large field keeping in mind Draftkings scoring that pays bigger for HRs. The lineup you currently have constructed would likely be better off in a cash game (50/50 or 10-100 person or heads up) because you have limited upside because of your hitters, but higher floor because of your pitchers. Kershaw priced at $15,700 is an anomaly because he's been playing so well - but it basically means that you can't pair him with another high priced pitcher and still fill out your lineup.

Here is a lineup I've been kicking around for tonight - this would include the entire 15 game slate starting at 5pm MT:

P - Jon Gray
    P - Clayton Kershaw
    C - Jarrod Saltalamacchia
    1B - David Ortiz
    2B - Shawn O'Malley
    3B - Josh Donaldson
    SS - Tulo
    OF - David Peralta
    OF - Ryan Braun
    OF - Scott Van Slyke

I'm targeting Arizona hitters at home against a bad Tim Hudson, and the Toronto hitters are going to destroy the Red Sox bad leftie. Hoping O'Malley can grab a hit or two against Hamels with a L/R matchup at minimum price - same goes for Van Slyke - this time of year there are more decent players around minimum price with the September call-ups, so if you can find 1 or 2 it helps you spend elsewhere on your roster.
    Last edited by Buff; 09-08-2015 at 10:17 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Same. I was using fan duel last year but this year I wanted to give draft kings a go and since they will match up to the $250 I figured it was a no brainier.....only after I registered did I notice the referral thingy. Oh well.

How successful have you been buff? I think I've got my strategy pretty well figured out. My goal is to make around 10-20 bucks a week in the 50/50 and use those winnings to keep giving me shots at the big bucks.
    Funny enough - I have a dashboard that tracks everything and I am most profitable at NBA and NASCAR. Decent at NFL. Average at PGA and MLB. Which is counter-intuitive. Part of that is competition - there are more pros in MLB and NFL. It sounds so ridiculous to say - but the only sport where I feel like I have a real edge and consistently am profitable is NASCAR because I feel like it's new and misunderstood and the fields are still soft.

Speaking of soft - this weekend I won some college football $$ unexpectedly because the tournies were all like half full with overlays... So IMO people are better off trying to find inefficiencies in the market like with NASCAR and CFB if you are really looking to be profitable. Playing the NFL every week is fun - but there are so many sharks with massive bankrolls and multi entries that it makes it tough.

Does this website allow gambling on games, or is it just fantasy stuff?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Does this website allow gambling on games, or is it just fantasy stuff?
    No. It's all fantasy, which is why these things are legal.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information