Page 3 of 92 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Draftkings

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Buff, do you use a website or an APP for info or just your own knowledge. I have the Draftkings app but I wish it would give me more matchup info. Maybe there is more info on the app itself if I look harder but I didn't see much. I would like to see batter\pitcher matchup info when I click on a certain hitter.
    I am a big fan of fantasyalarm.com for their lineup page - when lineups come out they list BVP and L/R splits. I also use these two sites for batter vs pitcher data - http://dailybaseballdata.com/cgi-bin/dailyhit.pl and http://www.rotowire.com/baseball/matchup.htm.

2. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Buff, the fantasy degenerate.

*The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Buff, the fantasy degenerate.

It's gotten way out of hand.

5. The Following 4 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Any advice on the football teams?

Ive got a few different entries. Some are solid and steady and a few are bargain teams hoping for some upside, likely downside, but it will help me remember who and how to pick.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Any advice on the football teams?

Ive got a few different entries. Some are solid and steady and a few are bargain teams hoping for some upside, likely downside, but it will help me remember who and how to pick.
    Going back to your original post in this thread - being a contrarian is really helpful in large tournament fields. So in a tournament like the Milly Maker with 500k entries, it helps to go against the grain and take some high risk/reward guys that won't be heavily owned by the rest of the field. Some obvious stuff: Don't underestimate the PPR component on draftkings - e.g. don't start a 2 down back in your flex or you're just limiting your roster potential, target underdog QBs, target home favorite defenses, favorite RBs... I usually like to build around my value plays - so find the low price guys who you have confidence in and then fill in the higher priced guys - as opposed to throwing in some random low salary guy who you are trying to squeeze in after all your studs which will often blow up in your face and can often be the difference between cashing and not.

Not a hard and fast rule since it varies from week to week - but I like to try and save $ at QB typically, and focus on a value RB who might not be as good as some, but will see a ton of volume. Volume trumps ability.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Oh, another one, don't be afraid to leave a little bit of $$ on the table... If you love your lineup and have $300 left over, don't feel like you have to spend that extra $$. It's also a good way to ensure your lineup is differentiated because most people max out their cap.

10. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Going back to your original post in this thread - being a contrarian is really helpful in large tournament fields. So in a tournament like the Milly Maker with 500k entries, it helps to go against the grain and take some high risk/reward guys that won't be heavily owned by the rest of the field. Some obvious stuff: Don't underestimate the PPR component on draftkings - e.g. don't start a 2 down back in your flex or you're just limiting your roster potential, target underdog QBs, target home favorite defenses, favorite RBs... I usually like to build around my value plays - so find the low price guys who you have confidence in and then fill in the higher priced guys - as opposed to throwing in some random low salary guy who you are trying to squeeze in after all your studs which will often blow up in your face and can often be the difference between cashing and not.

Not a hard and fast rule since it varies from week to week - but I like to try and save $ at QB typically, and focus on a value RB who might not be as good as some, but will see a ton of volume. Volume trumps ability.

Perfect, perfect. That is what I thought but I also wasnt quite sure as last time I did this I was on those pain killers that messed with my head from my shoulder surgery.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

Presuming I win the 2million dollar prize or whatever it is buff. I will be sure to compensate you the $3.22 for your time and advice here.
    Maybe the decimal point will slide some
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Possible new names for Buff: Vito, Jimmy, Rocky...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

14. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Buff, will you take me on as your padawan learner? I deem you "Fantasy guru"
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Buff, will you take me on as your padawan learner? I deem you "Fantasy guru"
    Just as long as you promise not to use any dorky Star Wars lingo anymore. The unfortunate reality of the situation is that I work really hard to be an average fantasy player. There are some serious sharks out there with massive bankrolls who enter 100-200 lineups in a single tournament. Which is why I like to play stuff like Nascar, because the game is still in its infancy, and I feel like I have an edge over the field by doing research. At the same time, I like NFL because there is a bigger luck component which benefits non-pros like us... MLB is tough sledding.

17. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

What kinda cash are we talking about gambling here? And average returns?
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Buff, I understand splits are a big deal but how much stock do you put in history between pitcher and bitter regardless of Right on Right etc? For instance Nolan has gone 8-14 against Shields even though it's a R/R matchup so Nolan has to be a good play right? BTW I took Trout out and put in Cargo instead. Cargo is on fire lately and has great numbers against Shields. Thanks for the links, hugely helpful.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post

Totally up to you. Last year on fan duel I spent $250 and made around $375 or so. I lost another $25 in hockey. They have games for as little as 25 cents up to like $300 a play.

My strategy this year is to make about $80-120 a month and use that for my entries into the big winning prizes. I feel I am good enough at FF to be able to hit on one of them throughout the course of the year. Average returns are easier in the 50:50 leagues, assuming you are pretty good.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    Buy-ins start at $0.25 and go up to $10k. I usually live in the $3-$30 buy-in zone, but will occasionally dabble in $50 or $100 games. Good bankroll management says you probably want 100-150 buy-ins at any given stake if you are playing tournaments. So if you have $300, you should be playing $3 tourneys. Obviously it varies on your risk tolerance. If you are a good player, your win rate is ~50% on cash games/heads up, 10-20% in tournaments.

This is sort of a spammy plug - but if anyone else if going to sign up at DK for the first time, send me a PM and let me know first and we can do a referral which gives us both free entries.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information