Page 2 of 92 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Draftkings

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Does this website allow gambling on games, or is it just fantasy stuff?
    Just fantasy - which is why it's legal in most states because it qualifies as a skill game. Pokerstars just bought Victiv to get in the game. Yahoo and CBS have both entered the game with offerings in recent months as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    No. It's all fantasy, which is why these things are legal.
    I assumed as much.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I don't hate this, but you probably have too many value bats for tonight for that particular tournament. In the $3 tournies you'll need more upside with your hitters in such a large field keeping in mind Draftkings scoring that pays bigger for HRs. The lineup you currently have constructed would likely be better off in a cash game (50/50 or 10-100 person or heads up) because you have limited upside because of your hitters, but higher floor because of your pitchers. Kershaw priced at $15,700 is an anomaly because he's been playing so well - but it basically means that you can't pair him with another high priced pitcher and still fill out your lineup.

Here is a lineup I've been kicking around for tonight - this would include the entire 15 game slate starting at 5pm MT:

P - Jon Gray
    P - Clayton Kershaw
    C - Jarrod Saltalamacchia
    1B - David Ortiz
    2B - Shawn O'Malley
    3B - Josh Donaldson
    SS - Tulo
    OF - David Peralta
    OF - Ryan Braun
    OF - Scott Van Slyke

I'm targeting Arizona hitters at home against a bad Tim Hudson, and the Toronto hitters are going to destroy the Red Sox bad leftie. Hoping O'Malley can grab a hit or two against Hamels with a L/R matchup at minimum price - same goes for Van Slyke - this time of year there are more decent players around minimum price with the September call-ups, so if you can find 1 or 2 it helps you spend elsewhere on your roster.
    All matchups. For example, I know this is counterintuitive, Logan Morrison is 10-25 against Hamels. And Coco Crisp is one of only three outfielders in these four games to tonight to have a homer off the projected starting pitcher (Scott Kazmir).

I'll probably flame out big time tonight, but I'm going to stick to my guns, mostly because it's a free play and I want to see how it does now.

My head is swimming a little bit with the different types of games.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

All matchups. For example, I know this is counterintuitive, Logan Morrison is 10-25 against Hamels. And Coco Crisp is one of only three outfielders in these four games to tonight to have a homer off the projected starting pitcher (Scott Kazmir).

I'll probably flame out big time tonight, but I'm going to stick to my guns, mostly because it's a free play and I want to see how it does now.

My head is swimming a little bit with the different types of games.
    Most serious analyzers of the game will tell you not to put too much stock in batter-vs-pitcher (BVP) because it's such a variable stat over the years. LoMo is a decent play because he's so hot, and has a big enough sample against Hamels that I wouldn't totally discount it... But I wouldn't make my living playing left on left against Hamels in a pitchers park. I trust current season splits a lot more than BVP. For instance - Tim Hudson gets crushed by lefties, playing in a hitters park in AZ, with a high over/under total predicted by Vegas.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Most serious analyzers of the game will tell you not to put too much stock in batter-vs-pitcher (BVP) because it's such a variable stat over the years. LoMo is a decent play because he's so hot, and has a big enough sample against Hamels that I wouldn't totally discount it... But I wouldn't make my living playing left on left against Hamels in a pitchers park. I trust current season splits a lot more than BVP. For instance - Tim Hudson gets crushed by lefties, playing in a hitters park in AZ, with a high over/under total predicted by Vegas.
    I know. I do disagree with people who don't take much stock in batter-pitcher matchups. There's certainly no be all end all, but, it's a factor you should look at.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I know. I do disagree with people who don't take much stock in batter-pitcher matchups. There's certainly no be all end all, but, it's a factor you should look at.
    I think it's all about sample size. If a guy is hitting .500 over 50 at bats, then it's a real thing. But it can get you in a lot of trouble - especially with past-their-prime players like Coco Crisp who have racked up all their stats back when they were a different player at a different time in their career. I wouldn't touch him for any salary with diminished power and stolen base potential.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Well, finished like 480/1,900 and had to get to 380 to get in the money.

There's so much stuff, I just really don't know where to go next.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Well I joined Draftkings this morning. Deposited a whopping $25, I know big spender right. It's pretty cool. I like that there's .25 daily baseball games, that's awesome. I can spend a quarter a day.

Entered my first game used my free $3 entry on a $10,000 daily baseball game. I'm sure my roster sucks but we'll see.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

9. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

P - Jon Gray
    P - Clayton Kershaw
    C - Jarrod Saltalamacchia
    1B - David Ortiz
    2B - Shawn O'Malley
    3B - Josh Donaldson
    SS - Tulo
    OF - David Peralta
    OF - Ryan Braun
    OF - Scott Van Slyke
    ^ This lineup won me $25 last night.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Well I joined Draftkings this morning. Deposited a whopping $25, I know big spender right. It's pretty cool. I like that there's .25 daily baseball games, that's awesome. I can spend a quarter a day.

Entered my first game used my free $3 entry on a $10,000 daily baseball game. I'm sure my roster sucks but we'll see.
    Post your team when you select it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

P. Chris Rusin
    P. Josh Tomlin
    C. Lucroy
    1. Trumbo
    2. LaMahieu
    3. Donaldson
    SS. Tulo
    OF. McCutchen
    OF. A. Pollock
    OF. Trout.

What do you think? Any good for a first lineup?
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

P. Chris Rusin
    P. Josh Tomlin
    C. Lucroy
    1. Trumbo
    2. LaMahieu
    3. Donaldson
    SS. Tulo
    OF. McCutchen
    OF. A. Pollock
    OF. Trout.

What do you think? Any good for a first lineup?
    Not terrible - a few thoughts:

- Rusin has too much downside risk and not enough upside strikeout potential. He's thrown a couple of great games at Coors this year, but hitters are batting +.300 against him and he has a ~5 ERA. Plus he's facing a righty heavy Padres team and going against James Shields so unlikely to get a win. (Strikeouts are worth 3 points in draftkings - as much as a hit - wins are worth 4 points - so you want to be targeting those stats).

Lucroy has been hot, I typically prefer him hitting against lefties... But Koehler has good reverse splits favoring righties.

Trumbo has a good matchup against Perez.

I don't love Lemahieu R/R against Shields at Petco. Donaldson and Tulo I typically wouldn't pay up for unless they are facing a lefty - but in a hitters park at Fenway with a projected over/under +10, I don't mind it. Same goes for McCutchen - typically I don't like to pay his salary unless he's facing a lefty - but he is facing a particularly bad Sampson tonight, so I don't mind it.

Pollock is another guy who typically hits much better against lefties - I'm torn on whether I'd play him against a struggling Heston with righties hitting 40 points worse against him than lefties. You can probably find a better matchup for his price. I'd rather grab Peralta for cheaper with a better L/R matchup.

Trout has been dealing with a wrist injury and I'd recommend you stay away from him.

I really like Ellsbury against Jimenez tonight and Adam Jones (and all the rest of the Oriole righties) against CC.

14. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Not terrible - a few thoughts:

- Rusin has too much downside risk and not enough upside strikeout potential. He's thrown a couple of great games at Coors this year, but hitters are batting +.300 against him and he has a ~5 ERA. Plus he's facing a righty heavy Padres team and going against James Shields so unlikely to get a win. (Strikeouts are worth 3 points in draftkings - as much as a hit - wins are worth 4 points - so you want to be targeting those stats).

Lucroy has been hot, I typically prefer him hitting against lefties... But Koehler has good reverse splits favoring righties.

Trumbo has a good matchup against Perez.

I don't love Lemahieu R/R against Shields at Petco. Donaldson and Tulo I typically wouldn't pay up for unless they are facing a lefty - but in a hitters park at Fenway with a projected over/under +10, I don't mind it. Same goes for McCutchen - typically I don't like to pay his salary unless he's facing a lefty - but he is facing a particularly bad Sampson tonight, so I don't mind it.

Pollock is another guy who typically hits much better against lefties - I'm torn on whether I'd play him against a struggling Heston with righties hitting 40 points worse against him than lefties. You can probably find a better matchup for his price. I'd rather grab Peralta for cheaper with a better L/R matchup.

Trout has been dealing with a wrist injury and I'd recommend you stay away from him.

I really like Ellsbury against Jimenez tonight and Adam Jones (and all the rest of the Oriole righties) against CC.
    Thanks for the info. I'll put more thought into match ups tomorrow. I did this somewhat hastily before I left for work.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Buff, do you use a website or an APP for info or just your own knowledge. I have the Draftkings app but I wish it would give me more matchup info. Maybe there is more info on the app itself if I look harder but I didn't see much. I would like to see batter\pitcher matchup info when I click on a certain hitter.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Thanks for the info. I'll put more thought into match ups tomorrow. I did this somewhat hastily before I left for work.
    You can't underestimate the value of splits.

In aggregate, the difference between lefty righty splits is 10-12%. So a lefty facing a righty is going to perform 10% better on average than a righty facing a righty (and vice versa obviously). For some individual hitters, the splits are extreme - Evan Longoria for instance is hitting .110 points better against lefties. If you play that out across every spot in your lineup - you can see how it becomes important to maximize your potential. So in your case, it's not bad to make 1-2 exceptions for guys with good matchups like Lucroy and McCutchen - but I'd start to get nervous about having 5-6 guys who don't have optimal matchups.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information