Page 18 of 92 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast

Thread: Draftkings

What do you guys think of this roster? $25 double up. 48 players and top 20 cash out.

Cam
    lynch
    woodhead
    ty
    marshall
    cooper
    greg olsen
    doug baldwin
    seahawks d

Im just not sure what I want to do here. I need to hit this week after last weeks losses. I am thinking I should not have lynch And Baldwin in the same linup, but the bears d is so bad and without cutler I expect seattle to get a big lead and then run the clock from there.

I am also thinking of foles for my QB as pitts defense is so terrible, but foles did nothing for me against what I thought was a terrible washington secondary
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I wouldn't rely on Seattle's offense that much no matter what lineup they are facing, but that's probably just me.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Late MLB quarter arcade tournament.

P - Heston
    P - Ray
    C - Posey
    1B - Goldschmidt
    2B - Owings (provided he starts)
    3B - Duffy
    SS - Semien
    OF - Pollack
    OF - Inciarte
    OF - Valencia
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    What do you guys think of this roster? $25 double up. 48 players and top 20 cash out.

Cam
    lynch
    woodhead
    ty
    marshall
    cooper
    greg olsen
    doug baldwin
    seahawks d

Im just not sure what I want to do here. I need to hit this week after last weeks losses. I am thinking I should not have lynch And Baldwin in the same linup, but the bears d is so bad and without cutler I expect seattle to get a big lead and then run the clock from there.

I am also thinking of foles for my QB as pitts defense is so terrible, but foles did nothing for me against what I thought was a terrible washington secondary
    I don't really start building my rosters until Wednesday so I don't have a great feel for the week yet... First, I'd question why you're doing a 48 person $25 double up, instead of entering the $5 massive double up 5x that is full of 68,000 mouth breathers. Seems like you're just asking to exposure yourself to tougher competition with your game selection.

Second, I'd question using Doug Baldwin in a game where Seattle is likely to be ahead and running the ball the whole game. Even if he gets his 1 TD, his upside is limited due to lack of volume.

Not sure if I ever like Cam Newton as a cash game play as I have no idea what his floor is.

When I saw Cooper, my first thought was, "Why the hell would someone play Riley Cooper, was there a Philly injury I missed?" Forgot about the rookie for a second. Not sure I love his matchup against Joe Haden, and again, I don't see him as a cash game play because we don't know anything about his consistency.

TY's upside is limited with his knee.

I like Woodhead, Lynch, Marshall and Seattle's D.

In general, I think you have too many question marks here for a cash game. Go safer, keep it simple, leave your Cam/Olsen stack for tournaments.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Late MLB quarter arcade tournament.

P - Heston
    P - Ray
    C - Posey
    1B - Goldschmidt
    2B - Owings (provided he starts)
    3B - Duffy
    SS - Semien
    OF - Pollack
    OF - Inciarte
    OF - Valencia
    I really like Valencia tonight, and I always like Goldschmidt and Pollock against a lefty. I might have Heston as my #2 in the full slate as now I'm thinking I want to pay for Arrietta because Salazar makes me nervous. I don't like starting Inciarte L/L, against Wood who is tough on lefties, in a pitchers park.

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

I don't really start building my rosters until Wednesday so I don't have a great feel for the week yet... First, I'd question why you're doing a 48 person $25 double up, instead of entering the $5 massive double up 5x that is full of 68,000 mouth breathers. Seems like you're just asking to exposure yourself to tougher competition with your game selection.

Second, I'd question using Doug Baldwin in a game where Seattle is likely to be ahead and running the ball the whole game. Even if he gets his 1 TD, his upside is limited due to lack of volume.

Not sure if I ever like Cam Newton as a cash game play as I have no idea what his floor is.

When I saw Cooper, my first thought was, "Why the hell would someone play Riley Cooper, was there a Philly injury I missed?" Forgot about the rookie for a second. Not sure I love his matchup against Joe Haden, and again, I don't see him as a cash game play because we don't know anything about his consistency.

In general, I think you have too many question marks here for a cash game. Go safer, keep it simple, leave your Cam/Olsen stack for tournaments.
    Your degenerate gambling talk is like a second language.

7. The Following User High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    Your degenerate gambling talk is like a second language.
    He might need an intervention.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    He might need an intervention.
    Screw that, he gives me good advice. When his addiction ceases being benificial to me you can give him an intervention, until then lay off the degenerate.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

10. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Im already in the $5 massive one. I like this one because its essentially 50:50... Where as the double up I have to place pretty high to win $50. This one is essentially a coin flip.

Thanks for the advice. I have made adjustments already. I got smoked last week, complete opposite of the week before and was not focusing well on my tournametns

PS- I really like Cam newton this year, even without benjamin. I suspect he will do well against the saints and most other teams.
    I liked Cooper as he is a PPR machine, but I was able to tweak my roster in a way that I have a better lineup anyhow.

PSS- word from my hardcore bears followers is the bears run d is very good but their pass d blows (sounds familiar) and lynch may get some but probably not what he is worth.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I read today that something like 91% of the money made on DK/FD is made by like 1.3% of the participants. That's pretty jarring.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Your Mariners call was spot on Buff. I hope you picked the right ones.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I read today that something like 91% of the money made on DK/FD is made by like 1.3% of the participants. That's pretty jarring.
    I would say the odds are against you, but any game of this type the odds are built to be against you. That said, when I'm winning 50 cents on my 25 cent MLB play, and some dude is winning a $1 million on Sunday's, the numbers are going to be a little skewed.

15. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I would guess a lot of that is skewed by the high stakes regulars. The $1k, $5k, $10k buy-ins would logically also have large payouts and are played by a small percentage of the whole DFS population. But it's also true that those same players are entering like 200 lineups in some of these smaller buy-ins to the average player's 1-2 lineups, so they definitely have an advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Your Mariners call was spot on Buff. I hope you picked the right ones.
    I'm a moron - I had a Seager/Smith/Cano stack, but swapped out Seager with Josh Harrison... Classic overthinking - instead of playing the matchup against a known terrible pitcher, I chased the Coors Field inflated production. Harrison has a couple hits, so not a total loss. But at least I have Cano and his double dong.

17. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

MO, I think it's time you take another step in your path to degeneracy. They've got a quarter arcade PGA tourney with $1000 to first this week. There are only 30 golfers in the field as opposed to the normal 100+, so it's basically going to come down to luck.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

MO, I think it's time you take another step in your path to degeneracy. They've got a quarter arcade PGA tourney with $1000 to first this week. There are only 30 golfers in the field as opposed to the normal 100+, so it's basically going to come down to luck.
    Don't worry. I lost 50 cents on it last week.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information