Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: And thus why body cameras on police are important

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    The real question you should be asking yourself Dave is why would someone create such an ordeal over a misdemeanor? I mean, would condone that kind of behavior from your own kid/kids?
    Absolutely not - equally i would not expect them to get tazed and shot over it.

I would expect them to have the cars details taken, possibly a photo of them, issued a ticket and receive a subsequent visit to the house with the incriminating video evidence - and be arrested, fined, possibly appear in court, have their licence revoked. And then learn from their idiocy whilst dealing with all the other associated complicating factors such as increased insurance etc etc

I am not anti-punishment, nor am i an idiot.(well, not a complete idiot any way)

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Yeah, if a cop's only way to difuse an uncomfortable situation is using lethal force, he should't be a police officer.

4. The Following 5 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

There's no tyranny asking for a driver's license. Lmao
    The point is that he was opposing what he felt to be an unnecessary traffic stop. I can certainly relate to that frustration. Granted - I would have just complied because it's much easier than the alternative, but it doesn't justify killing the guy.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I'm curious how you think the same situation would go down in England. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post

I would expect them to have the cars details taken, possibly a photo of them, issued a ticket and receive a subsequent visit to the house with the incriminating video evidence - and be arrested, fined, possibly appear in court, have their licence revoked. And then learn from their idiocy whilst dealing with all the other associated complicating factors such as increased insurance etc etc
    see above

I bet the Brits said the same thing, but in an effort to better address your response. NO - of course not and I understand why we have laws. And i kind of resent that kind of dismissive remark.

What i dont get is why they need to be enforced by individuals in such a lethal way, and why the lethality used is excused by the kids stupidity. Moreover, what i don't get is how you guys are anti-tyranny, yet expect total compliance (as i have now stated twice).

I dont want you all to assume i am talking solely about this case - it is a general comment about my observations of your nations views.

As always, if i am wrong, i will admit it, but for now - nobody has attempted to highlight the error of my thinking, and explain why it is an error
    I believe as a whole police are there to protect our civil liberties, not disregard them. When my genuine civil liberties are violated I will stand up for myself (things such as freedom of speech, freedom of religion, the right to bear arms, etc). I don't stand up for the right to act like a complete uninformed jack ass (not referring to you Dave).

The right to break the law and then not comply with an officer is not a civil liberty, it's stupid.

On a side note it seems that some of you don't seem to understand why the cop shot him....nor what you yourself would really do in that situation.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

There's no tyranny asking for a driver's license. Lmao
    Tyranny is only reconised once the majority object to it, until that point it failure to comply in anarchistic - this in itself is a really interesting philosophical argument

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

The concept of being tazed, let alone killed for not doing as a police officer asks - is alien to me.

Please get out the car you flashed your lights - no - OK, here have some of this tazer - oh you just got tazed and now you are mad, how dare you - bang.

But this leads me on to another question - are you guys not in the habit of flashing your headlights at people to either - warn them about something, or let them in? That is common place in the UK.
    In America we are systematically losing our freedoms and anyone who questions or resists authority is discursively deemed an idiot.

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

14. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    As have I - but I'd like to think that if I had acted like a jackass the cops would have had proper restraint and judgement that I wouldn't have ended up dead for flashing my brights.
    He didnt end up dead because of the flashing of the lights. He ended up dead because he attacked the cop.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I believe as a whole police are there to protect our civil liberties, not disregard them. When my genuine civil liberties are violated I will stand up for myself (things such as freedom of speech, freedom of religion, the right to bear arms, etc). I don't stand up for the right to act like a complete uninformed jack ass (not referring to you Dave).

The right to break the law and then not comply with an officer is not a civil liberty, it's stupid.

On a side note it seems that some of you don't seem to understand why the cop shot him....nor what you yourself would really do in that situation.
    Hi five to most of this - but really dont like the last comment - but i can over look this as we a good "internet friends"!

Absolutely not - equally i would not expect them to get tazed and shot over it.

I am not anti-punishment, nor am i an idiot.(well, not a complete idiot any way)

You're just changing the location from the car to the house. If a guy isn't going to be compliant in the street what makes you think he's going to be compliant when someone knocks on his door?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by buff View Post
    granted - i would have just complied because it's much easier than the alternative,
    boom.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

You're just changing the location from the car to the house. If a guy isn't going to be compliant in the street what makes you think he's going to be compliant when someone knocks on his door?
    time changes everything

we have two brains - one that fires automatically, one which responds after reflection

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    In America we are systematically losing our freedoms and anyone who questions or resists authority is discursively deemed an idiot.
    If you refuse to provide a driver's license at a traffic stop and then in turn attack a cop yes, you are an idiot. Welcome to America Dzone.

Hi five to most of this - but really dont like the last comment - but i can over look this as we a good "internet friends"!
    It wasn't directed at you Dave. I apologize if it was condescending.

Here's the jist of what I'm saying....some are suggesting the cop shot him simply because he wouldn't comply or get out of his car. That is not what happened. The cop shot him because the kid was beating his ass. He did what any cop interested in self preservation would do. He shot him to prevent his brains from getting bashed in, or from being shot with his own weapon.

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information