Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: SW Battlefront footage

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    The game is pretty fun. The different game modes are all pretty much the same. I like the biggest mode the most, as its the largest battles (30 vs 30 I think?) Unfortunately, only having 4 maps makes the play seem a bit monotanous after a while. I'm only level 15, and it is bothersome that the "level ups" do give the players a decisive advantage. I know its an incentive to play more, but it's also pretty rough for guys to come in and see people getting quick kills with their pistol when you shoot them 20 times with a machine gun and still get wiped.

But, the graphics are cool, and the game play is cool. I just wish I didn't have to pay more to get more maps later on. It just seems so... yuck.
    If I had the time to invest in games that I used to in my 20's it would be an issue, but things still seem pretty fresh when I can only play a few hours at a time!

Agreed about the lack of maps though. I think we get the Jakku map free which will be nice. Right now I do enjoy the variety of gameplay modes. Hero Hunt and Blast are pretty fun.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    That sucks. You should have got an XBox One.
    No.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    No.
    Yes.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Yes.
    OR just play on your PC if it is strong enough. I can use a Playstation or Xbox controller, it has free online multiplayer, and games are just generally cheaper on PC. Plus when I am not using the controller in shooting games, the mouse/keyboard combo gives you unreal accuracy. Point and shoot!

I have a 2011 Mac with Windows 7 running on Bootcamp and I am playing games like Battlefront on high settings. PC gaming is kind of expensive to start with but the easy upgrades and shelf life of the graphics cards make it a good long term investment for gaming. Plus STEAM games are cheap compared to PS4/Xbox ONE. I got Shadows of Mordor for like $19 and I think that game still sells used at $40+ on consoles. Plus it is compatible with any controller that you like. Add to that game emulation for Nintendo, Sega, Arcade, etc. and you have pretty much the only gaming system you will ever need.

If you are really ambitious you can even build your own arcade cabinet with access to thousands of games: http://chris.polymathic.net/cabinet/ My friend has one of these in his basement and it's incredible. He bought his custom though.

5. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    OR just play on your PC if it is strong enough. I can use a Playstation or Xbox controller, it has free online multiplayer, and games are just generally cheaper on PC. Plus when I am not using the controller in shooting games, the mouse/keyboard combo gives you unreal accuracy. Point and shoot!

I have a 2011 Mac with Windows 7 running on Bootcamp and I am playing games like Battlefront on high settings. PC gaming is kind of expensive to start with but the easy upgrades and shelf life of the graphics cards make it a good long term investment for gaming. Plus STEAM games are cheap compared to PS4/Xbox ONE. I got Shadows of Mordor for like $19 and I think that game still sells used at $40+ on consoles. Plus it is compatible with any controller that you like. Add to that game emulation for Nintendo, Sega, Arcade, etc. and you have pretty much the only gaming system you will ever need.

If you are really ambitious you can even build your own arcade cabinet with access to thousands of games: http://chris.polymathic.net/cabinet/ My friend has one of these in his basement and it's incredible. He bought his custom though.
    Dude I got rid of my computer long ago. Takes up space, too expensive to keep upgrading for new games, constant upgrading video card drivers for every different game... just a giant hassle. The only advantage it has is keyboard/mouse but you can get those for consoles as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Computer games are on a HUGE rise. The graphics are just Soooooo much better on computer, and consoles will never have the power to keep up with them.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Computer games are on a HUGE rise. The graphics are just Soooooo much better on computer, and consoles will never have the power to keep up with them.
    correct... but most people don't want to have to update a computer or two video cards for $1000's+ each year. Most people want to buy a console that lasts 5+ years, turn it on and play a game. Dude I get computers, I've been in the IT industry for almost 30 years... I just dont care to spend the time and money needed to have a gaming computer.

Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    correct... but most people don't want to have to update a computer or two video cards for $1000's+ each year. Most people want to buy a console that lasts 5+ years, turn it on and play a game. Dude I get computers, I've been in the IT industry for almost 30 years... I just dont care to spend the time and money needed to have a gaming computer.
    My computer is for work mostly, I just happen to game on it. Like I said it is nearly 4 years old at this point and I've never upgraded a graphics card or anything and it plays most games just fine. I like the ease of use of consoles, but for what I use it for my computer is great. As fancy as some of these games are nowadays I love being able to play old Nintendo and Arcade games on it. I have hundreds of those. Hell they even have modders out there who keep updating old games. You can play Tecmo Bowl or NHL '94 with updated rosters. Unless you are one of the PC Gaming Elitists you can play a pretty big library of games for quite a long time on a moderate rig. I have no desire to play 4K games at 60 FPS. Hell my favorite (and only) console right now is my Wii U. That thing is great when I have parties with friends. Mario Kart!

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

yeah.. I've had my gaming computer for years.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Eh I bought this game and kinda hate it. Am a decent GTA combat player but am utter cannon fodder in this game.

Looks kind you start with a cap gun and have to die thousands of times before you can get enough credit to own weapons sufficient to defend yourself. Really doubt there's enough here to suck me in and be willing to do that but we will see.

It's like 8-1 death to kill for me right now. Just not feeling it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    Eh I bought this game and kinda hate it. Am a decent GTA combat player but am utter cannon fodder in this game.

Looks kind you start with a cap gun and have to die thousands of times before you can get enough credit to own weapons sufficient to defend yourself. Really doubt there's enough here to suck me in and be willing to do that but we will see.

It's like 8-1 death to kill for me right now. Just not feeling it.
    Yeah I had to rank up to 10 to get a respectable Kill/Death ratio. It also helps when I don't just run into battle like a dumbass! I find the 3rd person mode is much better for me. My best mode is still the air battles though, I usually place in the top 3 in those.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Yeah I had to rank up to 10 to get a respectable Kill/Death ratio. It also helps when I don't just run into battle like a dumbass! I find the 3rd person mode is much better for me. My best mode is still the air battles though, I usually place in the top 3 in those.
    Trying it again tonight - unsure I've ever bought a game I hate more. Droid Run was even worse than Heroes and Villians.

Guys have red outlines and perfect accuracy, can fly, homing explosive rounds, I can't do shit. I'm not going to play this ******* thing 100 hours before I can get competitive weapons. There's nothing here to keep you entertained while you level up.

Anyone want this on PS4? Might just give this away.
    Last edited by tomjonesrocks; 11-22-2015 at 01:03 AM.

I think I'm going to try to take mine back.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

After about a week of playing it and having some time to let it set in, I'd say this game is a solid 7/10 for me but with some big caveats. Here are my final thoughts on the game:

- I'm a huge Star Wars nerd and the content of the game is just too cool to me. Jumping into a Snow Speeder and pushing for that final control point on the Hoth ground battle and other moments like that are great!

- The multiplayer is fast and fun but you will die A LOT before you get a decent gun to level the playing field even a bit. I had to invest about 6 hours before ranking up to level 10 to get a good long range gun. Camping out choke points has improved my kill/death rate exponentially. Not everyone has the time to invest in finding a good strategy like that though so it can be off putting to newcomers.

- To the point above, they need to make the matchmaking a little more fair. I am usually the most underpowered player on the map as everyone already has jump packs and other high end goodies. Still the casual drop in drop out nature makes it easy to leave and find a new match if you keep getting killed and there is no penalty for quitting.

- The online multiplayer is fun, but I really miss the solo offline stuff from Battlefront II. It was a good way to learn maps and find good positions to use in the real game and was actually pretty fun. Where is my Galactic Conquest mode?

- This game is MUCH more fun with friends. I had my buddy jump on last night and we used Skype to voice chat. We just stuck close to each other and were able to wreak havoc in many matches. Even a little bit of cooperation with a friend makes a huge difference in how much fun this game is. There was one point he was in an AT-ST and went near a cliff so I could jump on the vehicle. I was sniping people left and right until an A-Wing kamikaze-ed us. Instead of being pissed we just cracked up at the ridiculousness of it.

- Unlike games like Halo and Call of Duty, this game is very casual. I've never seen people get pissed for losing a match and the action is fast and furious without being overly serious. It is not fun to lose at the beginning but as you learn the nuances of the game it is pretty easy to be an average player. Admittedly my love for the franchise probably gives me more patience than most!

-The key is to find game modes that suit your style. I love the Fighter Squadron mode for the aerial dogfights (which actually rely on skill instead of just whoever shoots first) and Supremacy which is just nuts 40 player action. I also like Heroes vs Villians which lets you be overpowered in smaller battles.

Basically this game is great if you have some time to invest, otherwise I would stay away unless you REALLY like old-school style multiplayer. Also it helps to have the right attitude. You can suck in a battle as long as you still help the team win and have fun. Or just be like this guy:

18. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Nice write up. I'm level 11 and think it's the most infuriating game I've ever played. It's all I can do not to throw my controller through the flatscreen.

Am really on the verge of giving up on it - it's just making me too angry.

Maybe I should try the vehicles or something but usually I prefer pvp-action.

20. The Following User High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information