My iPad is getting old, and frankly sometimes so slow that it is becoming unusable. I've done all I can in terms of emptying cache's and changing settings etc. to eak out as much speed as possible, but it's just becoming painfully slow for we browsing. Still plays movies and music great, but mainly I use it for web surfing, including visiting here.

So, I'm looking to replace it, and it looks like a Chrome book might actually be a great option for me. As with the iPad, I don't plan to do any heavy duty computing with it. I already utilize gmail etc. I am never very far away from a wi-fi connection, and even if I am, have a 4g hotspot with my phone.

I would actually like a real keyboard. I became pretty proficient wit the iPad on-screen keyboard, but let's face it, someone who actually knows how to type is really slowed down by such a thing, and if you want to type a long-winded post on an internet forum, it can take forever.

So. .. . what are the downsides I'm missing? Anyone have one? Anyone recommend or not recommend one?