Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: College Bowl Games

Yep...it looks like the Aggies have shot their wad...we'll see.

Go Buffs, BTW.

Tough game against Bama though...

JoPa is 99 years old...

Rick Neuheisel is a scum-bag POS...

I hope he's humiliated and UCLA dumps his sorry a$$ by 2009.

Halftime in the Alamo Bowl is lasting about 2-hours...

I am now watching (hoping) A&M can come back and beat JoPa's boys...

C'mon Aggies...

Adopted Bronco:
    Peyton Hillis...always

Way to go Penn State.
    Maybe we can draft Dan Connor from Penn State !
    "When we lose the right to be different, we lose the privilege to be free"
    ~Charles Evans Hughes~

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Default What a dope.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/coll...st1231-CR.html

Sooner sent home for shoplifting

GLENDALE - Oklahoma starting defensive tackle DeMarcus Granger will miss the Fiesta Bowl after being sent home from Arizona following an arrest for shoplifting.

Granger, 21, was arrested Saturday in Tempe after he tried to steal a jacket from the Burlington Coat Factory inside Arizona Mills Mall, Tempe police reported.

"Mr. Granger removed an anti-theft device from a jacket and then concealed the jacket in a bag. He exited the store walking past the cash registers without paying for the jacket," Mike Horn, a spokesman for the Tempe Police Department, said in a statement.

Granger admitted committing the offense and was booked into the Tempe City Jail on one count of shoplifting, Horn said. He later bonded out of jail.

A 307-pound run stuffer, Granger had recorded 35 tackles to tie for the most among the Sooners' defensive linemen. He also had 3 1/2 sacks among his 8 1/2 tackles for loss this season.

"DeMarcus Granger was sent home yesterday, will not play and we'll deal with the situation when we get back," Sooners coach Bob Stoops said Monday during a media day at University of Phoenix Stadium. "If there's anything further, we'll see."

Granger had started 11 of 13 games for this season, but No. 3 Oklahoma (11-2) does have some experienced depth at the position to help fill in against the potent rushing attack of No. 11 West Virginia (10-2) on Wednesday.

"We just go with the other guys. Gerald McCoy, Steven Coleman, Cory Bennett, those guys have all been solid. Adrian Taylor will get more snaps," Stoops said. "All of those guys have played through the season for us, so it doesn't change anything we're doing."

Granger came to Oklahoma as a highly rated recruit from Kimball High School in Dallas before redshirting in 2005. He played as a reserve last season, but emerged from fall camp as the starter alongside McCoy.

"It's a big loss. He's a key to stopping things up front," said defensive end Auston English, who led the Big 12 with 9 1/2 sacks this season. "He's a great motivator for us. He makes big plays up the middle. His presence out there, somebody will have to step up and make up for it."

With a pair of 1,000-yard rushers in quarterback Pat White and running back Steve Slaton leading the way, West Virginia has the No. 4 run game in the country with a 293-yard average. Granger could have been a key to slowing the Mountaineers.

"They have a great run game. They're quick, they're fast, but it's nothing that we haven't seen before," McCoy said. "We're just going to go out there, play our game, keep our same game plan.

"Penetration is the key to all the run game, and we've been emphasizing being great tacklers this week because the guys are slippery and they're fast."

Stupid Sooner.
    2012: The Year that Mo Got Laid

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

What a friggin backwoods retard.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Give the kid a break. The coach said he needed a coat for the formal dinner before the game...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    The Infallible Matt McChesney

Good effort by Colorado last night in the second half. . Too bad Saban killed 'em in the first quarter. On that final play, I was expecting something crazy, and all that I got was a freaking lateral pass? Hawkins can think of something better than that... We do look good for the future though, with baby Hawk only a frosh this year, so Go Buffs!
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    But what can you say to an intelligent Raider fan?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

So Florida State has like 12 players available...Kentucky should win this...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Colorado lost a competitive game...

Air Force pulled a 'Denver' (i.e...blew a double-digit lead) and lost a competitive game...

I'm not liking this bowl season so far...

Adopted Bronco:
    The Infallible Matt McChesney

Air Force is by far the most fun team to watch year after year. It's amazing what a team can do when their linemen weigh about the exact same as their backs and receivers. Hats off to their coach, and their wacky option offense.
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    But what can you say to an intelligent Raider fan?

NFL Network is airing the Oklahoma St. vs. Indiana game and it is actually a good one. If you want to see some good NFL prospects at the wide receiver position watch this game. Both teams have studs. Also the best part is Mike Mayock is calling the game and unlike many analyist he actually knows a lot about what he is talking about and calls a good football game.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information