Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jackson vs Wolfe...Who do we keep?

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Default Jackson vs Wolfe...Who do we keep?

IIRC, both Jackson and Wolfe are in contract years and will become UFA's after the season. Probably won't be able to keep them both so who stays and who goes?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Probably Wolfe.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Probably Wolfe but why not keep both? They are not likely to be getting huge money. Chicago and Oakland may be after them but both could go for extensions soon before that.

4. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

That's a good question. It will be interesting to see how Malik plays when his role increases.

My initial feeling is that Malik will demand more on the open market, but will likely play under a tender next year.

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Where is the money coming from if Manning decides not to retire? Clady? Remember, Von is also in the last year of his contract too, but he'll probably get the franchise tag.

If Malik can get his penalty issues under control, I feel he is more disruptive than Wolfe, but would like to try to keep both.

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Probably Wolfe but why not keep both? They are not likely to be getting huge money. Chicago and Oakland may be after them but both could go for extensions soon before that.
    Two guys at basically the same position. One of them isn't getting paid.

Judging by this offseason ... neither.

But seriously, I'd probably prefer Jackson if I had to choose. I like both, though.

11. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    Where is the money coming from if Manning decides not to retire? Clady? Remember, Von is also in the last year of his contract too, but he'll probably get the franchise tag.
    We can probably tender both of them, which would be affordable.

We already have 50Mil in cap space next year. Without ware thats another 10 mil. Without clady thats another 10 mil. Without manning that is another 20 mil....

we absolutely will have enough cap space to keep anyone and everyone we see fit. If clady, ware and manning are all gone we could have close to 90 mil in cap space!!!

To answer your question. BOTH! they wont command a ton. We will be able to keep both for cheap. Malik is the higher profile guy- I think he gets a ton of pressure this year, but wolfe is the more solid and steady run defender.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    We already have 50Mil in cap space next year. Without ware thats another 10 mil. Without clady thats another 10 mil. Without manning that is another 20 mil....

we absolutely will have enough cap space to keep anyone and everyone we see fit. If clady, ware and manning are all gone we could have close to 90 mil in cap space!!!

To answer your question. BOTH! they wont command a ton. We will be able to keep both for cheap. Malik is the higher profile guy- I think he gets a ton of pressure this year, but wolfe is the more solid and steady run defender.
    $50 million before possibly discounting Ware, Clady and Manning? Where is that figure coming from?

$50 million before possibly discounting Ware, Clady and Manning? Where is that figure coming from?
    http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/cap/2016/

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/denver-broncos/

The cap will go up again next year. It's $143 this year, I bet it's at least 5M more.

Before Virgil, Daniels and Joe Duncan were signed, we had $100M in contracts for next year.

$43M in space, + whatever is the increase. Lets just say roughly $50M.

If Manning isn't on the team (he will not be) that is another 20M.

That's $70M to play with. Ware and Clady if cut is another 18M.

88M.

Keep in mind the Broncos only have like 30 guys under contract for next year. Cheap RFA's (Marshall) and others will keep more around. We will also have 7-10 draft picks this year and 7-10 easily in 2016, plus UDFA's.

Like it or not, Denver is going to build for the future with all that hella comp pick action.

Hence why they aren't signing FA who are available.

This is a tad old, but still around the same. We added Ryan Harris and one other guy that didnt factor in, but needless to say we have all the money in the world to keep, add or whatever else. PLUS the potential $40 million from Clady, Ware and Manning. Ware is certainly gone if shane ray produces. If we win the SB manning is certainly gone too. Thats 30mil + our near 50mil= 80mil
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

16. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Does anyone know if we can just put RFA tender on both of them? I feel like I'm talking to myself up in this piece.

wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Does anyone know if we can just put RFA tender on both of them? I feel like I'm talking to myself up in this piece.
    I dont know. I know that if we could tag DT again if we want but that would keep us from using it on von unless we use that other bizarre tender thing. If they are both eligible for RFA, then I think we can. Im not sure, sorry.

DT is my main concern. We must get a deal done with him this year. If not he will be traded or allowed to walk. That is a big piece of a puzzle lost. Not what we need when we have to replace, Clady, manning, and worry about keeping wolfe, malik, starvin marvin, etc. If we dont get a deal for Von next year he will get the Tag!....So it all falls back to DT. If we get DT locked up this year, then we have the tag for Von as a just in case next year, while allowing us to take care of the RFAs and what not and splurge in free agency. DT needs to ink a deal.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

20. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information