Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pump!

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Watching it now. One thing that it pointed out is although ethanol and methanol are cheaper they dont allow the car to go as many miles per gallon. So is that really cheaper? Sure you pay more for fuel but the car goes further.

And that was pretty cool how it said cars made in 1996 and above already have the flex fuel technology built in them. Just needs to be reprogrammed from the computer, o2 sensor. They would have to readjust the timing and everything.

I'm more high on going all electric for cars now. It would be way better for the environment and the US would have zero intrest in the middle east. Love the part about Tesla.
    The price difference really needs to be at least $0.50 cheaper for it to make sense. In Denver, E-85 is about the same price as regular gasoline. Maybe $0.10 cheaper. It's not worth it because your MPG goes down around 17-20% when you use E-85.

The REAL way to go is natural gas. There's an abundance of it, it's WAY less expensive and cleaner to not only manufacture, but burn. I'll try to watch this documentary this weekend. Looks interesting.

Check it out Joe. It's not necessarily a hit piece on oil companies but more about what fuels we can use along side normal gasoline.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Glad you watched it Bronx.

Have you seen any stations in your area that sell ethanol or methanol along side the gas pumps?
    Yeah I actually went on that same website they were talking about. They are hard to find. I found like 5 of them but they are 20-50 miles away. Nothing was in Tracy.

Going electric makes sense bc you can just charge it at home.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Watching it now. One thing that it pointed out is although ethanol and methanol are cheaper they dont allow the car to go as many miles per gallon. So is that really cheaper? Sure you pay more for fuel but the car goes further.

And that was pretty cool how it said cars made in 1996 and above already have the flex fuel technology built in them. Just needs to be reprogrammed from the computer, o2 sensor. They would have to readjust the timing and everything.

I'm more high on going all electric for cars now. It would be way better for the environment and the US would have zero intrest in the middle east. Love the part about Tesla.
    The price difference really needs to be at least $0.50 cheaper for it to make sense. In Denver, E-85 is about the same price as regular gasoline. Maybe $0.10 cheaper. It's not worth it because your MPG goes down around 17-20% when you use E-85.

The REAL way to go is natural gas. There's an abundance of it, it's WAY less expensive and cleaner to not only manufacture, but burn. I'll try to watch this documentary this weekend. Looks interesting.

They talk about natural gas towards the end but didn't say much about it.

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    Too bad using all the corn for fuel would make US meat prices jump about 400%. Ethanol is great idea but they would have to plant corn on every square acre of the country in order to produce enough corn for the ethanol that would be needed for everyone. At least that's the argument I have heard.
    I also wonder if the producer of the movie mentioned how much diesel fuel is consumed harvesting the corn? I highly doubt it since it was likely funded by special interest groups.

natural gas isn't clean... cleaner than oil but definitely not clean, quite dirty actually

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Yeah I actually went on that same website they were talking about. They are hard to find. I found like 5 of them but they are 20-50 miles away. Nothing was in Tracy.

To some extent but the power source is still some plant some where likely running off fossil fuels.

I like the idea of hydro powered cars. The water consumed still returns to the earth in the form of vapor

8. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

natural gas isn't clean... cleaner than oil but definitely not clean, quite dirty actually
    Sharon Stone dirty, or soil dirty?

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    To some extent but the power source is still some plant some where likely running off fossil fuels.

I like the idea of hydro powered cars. The water consumed still returns to the earth in the form of vapor
    I just read an article on that. Basically every time you drink water, you are ingesting dinosaur pee.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

I just read an article on that. Basically every time you drink water, you are ingesting dinosaur pee.
    That's probably where I get the super-human strength from.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post

That's a possibility but right now those car manufacturers are hard to find. Saw one on Shark Tank about a month ago. Still think electric cars will be more of a bigger thing down the road.

I believe there are better ways to get energy.
    http://news.stanford.edu/news/2012/october/energy-generation-system-100912.html
    Last edited by DenBronx; 06-19-2015 at 12:24 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

That's debatable.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Right. Because electricity just appears out of thin air.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post

Right. Because electricity just appears out of thin air.

Ok. Not sure what your point is.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Ok. Not sure what your point is.
    Most (not all, but most) power plants use coal and are the #1 producer of carbon dioxide which many believe is the cause of global warming/climate change.

Coal plants are the nation’s top source of carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions, the primary cause of global warming. In 2011, utility coal plants in the United States emitted a total of 1.7 billion tons of CO21. A typical coal plant generates 3.5 million tons of CO2 per year2.

Burning coal is also a leading cause of smog, acid rain, and toxic air pollution. Some emissions can be significantly reduced with readily available pollution controls, but most U.S. coal plants have not installed these technologies.

http://www.ucsusa.org/clean_energy/c...l#.VYVkM_lVhBc
    That's my point.

19. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information