Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Former Piston Laimbeer says he would take James over Jordan

If I'm Golden State...I turn off the a/c and watch Lebron cramp up during the finals.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Wrong....I remember it quite well. The Pistons were the end of that era, not the Bulls.
    I suggest you go back and watch the finals between the Bulls and Jazz. Yes, im saying you dont know what you are talking about.

Karl Malone was elbowing the shit out of the Bulls!!! Lol

4. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

And for the record,

In Jordan's first 11 years he had 5,268 free throw attempts. James has had 7,730 attempts in his 11 years of playing. Tell me again who is getting the calls geared towards them?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    No one says that James cant play, he just isnt as good as Jordan. Thats what is being said.
    And in support of your argument you used his shooting percentage and points per game from four games against one of the best defensive teams in NBA history when James was 22 years old and was surrounded by Drew Gooden, Daniel Gibson, Sasha Pavlovic and Zyldrounas Ilgouskas. That's called cherry picking.

The NBA wasn't that different in the 90s, and I'd say if it really was that much more different, James is much more suited for that style of play than Jordan. Who's to say James doesn't average 32 - instead of 27 - because he's getting to the line even more? James has averaged 8.5 FTs per game through his age 30 season. Jordan, through age 30? 9. In Jordan's first five years he got to the line over 10 times per game, James still at only 8. That's 2 points per game for 82 games, and you can start to see the numbers add up. Yes, James hasn't shot the ball as well as Jordan, but Jordan didn't distribute as well as James, either, so does the assists and rebounds make up for the lost shooting percentage?

Jordan at age 30: 32.3, 6.3 R, 5.9 A
    James at age 30: 27.7, 7.1 R, 6.9 A

VORP, an advanced statistic similar to WAR in baseball:
    Jordan at age 30: 78.5
    James at age 30: 101.0

And in terms of competition, are the 2000s Spurs better than the 90s Suns or 90s Jazz? I'd say yes. What about Dirk's Mavs team? Better than Barkley's Suns? Possibly. Better than the Jazz, probably not, but the Spurs definitely are and James has had to face them three times in the Finals.

Jordan's best performance in the Finals is probably his first because of the competition, when they had to beat the end of an era Lakers team. Is that one performance of 31, 6, 11 enough to set him that far ahead of James? Maybe, but I don't think the gap is all that big.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    And you're nuts if you think that Jazz team is better than the Spurs.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

9. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

And for the record,

In Jordan's first 11 years he had 5,268 free throw attempts. James has had 7,730 attempts in his 11 years of playing. Tell me again who is getting the calls geared towards them?
    Where'd you get that number?

6,818. And one of those years he played 17 games after unretiring. And total he played in 160 less games than James in his first 11 years.

11. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

I suggest you go back and watch the finals between the Bulls and Jazz. Yes, im saying you dont know what you are talking about.
    In that case, piss off, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    And you're nuts if you think that Jazz team is better than the Spurs.

And you're even more nuts if you dont think the Bulls would of crushed those Spurs too.

14. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The one where Jordan pushed off to get the winning shot?

16. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Lambeer is a jaded white trash honky

18. The Following User High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

The one where Jordan pushed off to get the winning shot?
    Talk about cherry picking....

Let me know when Lebron plays with the flu and wins 6 titles. Then we can talk.

20. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

He played with the flu in game 3 of the Eastern conference finals.

He's still got a lot left to his career before we finalize his legacy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

What was cherry-picked there? And if Jordan played with the flu for six titles he might want to see a doctor about that.

23. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

What was cherry-picked there? And if Jordan played with the flu for six titles he might want to see a doctor about that.
    Omg....dont be so dumb. You know what i meant.

The funny thing about these arguments its a lot like the Elway vs Montana thing. Both are great players but clearly one is superior to the other yet people will try and scream until they are blue in the face that Montana is better than Elway when that is simply just not fact. The same with Jordan vs James. Both are great players but one was clearly far more superior and clutch than the other. Its just hard for people to come to grips with that but thats why you have to actually see these individuals play to truly understand that.

25. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information