Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Strange Feeling about this offseason and upcoming season...

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Number one seed.

Super bowl victory.

Top 5 on both sides of the ball.

Cj 2000 all purpose yds

DT and Sanders 20 tds

Latimer break out year

Manning 4500 yrs, 40 tds. Regular season and super bowl mvp.

Can't wait.

This!!!

Well done! All of this is completely feasible. In fact, all but one of them has happened the last THREE YEARS IN A ROW!

Somehow, suddenly, our experienced coaching staff, improved run game and defense and coaching and dare i say...playcalling...are all going to actually make our team worse.
    Our team is now as good as it was when jay cutler was here. You know, with Ryan Mcbean and John Engelberger and Nate Webster and Nate Jones and Marquand Manuel and the mighty selvin young and Dre Bly. Dont forget Chad Mustard either. Plus, Elites on the line like 1st rdr Jarvis Moss and george foster and Marcus Thomas; because remember, those were the guys who were on our team when we went 9-7. And of course we had Bob Slowick as our DC who is significantly better than Wade phillips. Slowick has never had a defense rank above 30 where as wade is the worst DC in the history of football. That 9-7 team resembles completely the same team that we have now. Maybe even better, than our league leading 11 pro bowl players.

Those teams are so comparable its not even funny. Same with the coaching staff.

Manning vs cutler- same
    DT, Sanders, Latimer vs Marshall, royal, todd devoe- Same
    CJ, Ball, Juwann vs Selvin young, tatum bell, travis henry- same
    Owen Daneils virgil green vs Tony Scheffler, jeb putzier- same
    Oline vs old oline- Worse

Malik, wolfe, sly, vance, antonio, marvin vs jarvis moss, marcus thomas, adams?, engleberger- same
    Miller, ware, ray, trevathan, marshall vs jamie winston, nate webster, niko koutevides- we majorly downgraded this year vs old team
    Talib, harris, roby, webster, boldin, carter vs champ, dre bly, nate jones,- same
    D stewart, TJ ward vs manuel and whoever the other scrub was- same

Wade phillips vs Slowick- we are waaaaaaay worse now.

10-6, 9-7 here we come!!!
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

2. The Following 6 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

I share the some concerns as Travler but also feel good about Elway and company. They've earned my trust and support so I still feel good about things.

4. The Following User High Fived broncofaninfla For This Post:

I can't wait for this season to unfold. The Broncos are going old school. Manning won't be the star this season. He'll be along for the ride to compliment a great running game and defense.

Yes, we've lost talent. We're going to have to limp along with our 9 pro bowlers and first ballot HOF QB still on the roster. The coaching staff is far better. We're actually going to see in game adjustments for the first time since Shanny was coaching. The Broncos are going to have the opposite season than they've had the last 3 seasons. It's going to start off rough while the players gel and catch onto the new systems. As the season goes on, they're going to get stronger, better, and faster. By the end of the season, this team will be beginning to gel, and it's going to peak in the playoffs and super bowl. I can't wait to see it happen.

6. The Following 5 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    No I don't feel anything is amiss. It's May and there is plenty of time to get things worked out. I don't hiring of Kubiak is desire to return to the glory day. The system he brings is one that has proven to be successful in this League.
    Successful yes but no team adhering strictly to the wide ZBS has won a SB since the Broncos in the late 90's, that according to Josh McDaniels through Mike Klit. I'm more convinced now then before that reliving the glory days is exactly what Denver is trying to do.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I have a funny feeling you all worry too much.
    Just because someone has a less than positive outlook on the season doesn't mean they are "worrying". I can't speak for the rest of the people who don't think we will be that great this season, but it's not like I go to bed every night stressing out about how bad the Broncos are going to be this season. Football is just entertainment to me and I am over losses pretty much the minute the game is over. If Denver sucking this year is the biggest thing I have to worry about this fall, I will be doing great in life.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

I predict a middle of pack scoring offense, a top flight defense (best in points allowed but with the weakness as the run defense allowing just under 100 yrds a game). Key to defense is nose tackle this year, is Slyvthe guy or will teams average 4 yards per carry and getting stopped at the LBs each time?

I think our defense will keep opponents from scoring but slower pace offense will not score as much and numbers will not show effectiveness of offense.

I am pumped for season and ready for it. I think its great young guys will actually get a crack at starting rather then Elways signing a high profile FA to start instead (Ware, Talib, Ware, Vasquez, Sanders, Manning). Hope young guys step up.

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Our running game is going to be the best in the league next to Eagles. The passing will be less but will be very effective.

This offense under Elway was a well oiled machine. We dont have that Oline but we do have alot of weapons.

Our defense will be geared towards takeaways and playing with the lead, but it will be killer.

All of this of course is subject to injuries.

Did anyone forget that we got Shane Ray?

Championship.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Thought this might fit here. On NFL.com, Bucky Brooks has an article about the most talented teams NOT counting QB's (the Seahawks, frighteningly, are still number one). He has us at number three. This is kind of what most of us have been saying in this thread - we have a lot of talent even without Manning. He lists Clady as a "blue chipper", so this might also have been before the injury:

3) Denver Broncos

Blue chips (8): LT Ryan Clady, CB Chris Harris, OLB Von Miller, WR Emmanuel Sanders, CB Aqib Talib, WR Demaryius Thomas, S T.J. Ward, OLB DeMarcus Ware.

On the rise: CB Bradley Roby.

John Elway has done a great job of surrounding Peyton Manning with a championship-caliber roster as the QB attempts to win the second ring of his illustrious career. In recent years, the Broncos have invested heavily on the defensive side of the ball with Talib, Ward and Ware coming over as marquee free agents. The team also plucked a blue-chip talent at the top of the draft (Miller) to fortify the pass rush and preserve leads against opponents forced to play catchup against Denver's fast-paced scoring attack. On offense, the Broncos have a dangerous WR tandem with Thomas and Sanders on the perimeter. Each player is capable of turning short passes into long gains or blowing past defenders on vertical routes. Given Manning's ability to "dink and dunk" with the best of them, the presence of two explosive playmakers in the passing game keeps the Broncos' offense rolling despite the physical limitations of an aging quarterback.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...writers_Brooks

13. The Following 5 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Thought this might fit here. On NFL.com, Bucky Brooks has an article about the most talented teams NOT counting QB's (the Seahawks, frighteningly, are still number one). He has us at number three. This is kind of what most of us have been saying in this thread - we have a lot of talent even without Manning. He lists Clady as a "blue chipper", so this might also have been before the injury:
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...writers_Brooks
    He also doesn't list Vasquez, who was first team all-pro last time he played right guard. He doesn't list CJ, who was a pro bowler last season and will have a far better season this year if he stays healthy.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I think if Peyton played Seattle 100 times, they would win 90 times. I just don't think he has the physical tools to beat elite defenses anymore - so it's hard for me to muster a ton of excitement for another division title when the issue is winning in the playoffs against the best defenses.
    And what option that was available to us this offseason changed that?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Davii, I think Buff as well as several others of us on here have addressed this point time and time again. Every fully admits that Peyton would be the best option for THIS season, but the discussion comes in if he's the best option for the future of the franchise. Let's just say, hypothetically, that our realistic ceiling with Peyton is to make the playoffs but we aren't going to contend for a title. Is it worth the few extra wins he might get us over Brock this season to still not win a title anyway, and then prolong the process of moving onto life after Peyton?

Now if you think we are still a SB contender then you obviously won't agree with that mindset, but you should at least understand where those who don't think we are a contender are coming from when they say that just because Manning might be the best option for the team this year doesn't mean it's best for the next 5-10 years of the franchise.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Indeed. If Manning says he can play and is cleared and the injury from last year was the reason for decline than i totally understand bringing him back. I trust Elway's judgement but even if we had kept some of the players (albeit overpaying) it would of been no guarantee of a championship. Just have to let it play out and hope for the best given the circumstances.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Davii, I think Buff as well as several others of us on here have addressed this point time and time again. Every fully admits that Peyton would be the best option for THIS season, but the discussion comes in if he's the best option for the future of the franchise. Let's just say, hypothetically, that our realistic ceiling with Peyton is to make the playoffs but we aren't going to contend for a title. Is it worth the few extra wins he might get us over Brock this season to still not win a title anyway, and then prolong the process of moving onto life after Peyton?

Now if you think we are still a SB contender then you obviously won't agree with that mindset, but you should at least understand where those who don't think we are a contender are coming from when they say that just because Manning might be the best option for the team this year doesn't mean it's best for the next 5-10 years of the franchise.
    We are a super bowl contender. Period.

Why does having Manning this year make the future less bright? It does not. That is a false narrative. If you could PROVE that whoever we moved on to would win us the SB in X years if he starts now vs X+Manning years if he doesnt then sure. But, that's not the case. We could "move on" from Manning to QB hell and nothing but a hope to make the playoffs, you have no idea. So, why in the hell would you want to hasten that?

We're almost guaranteed to make the playoffs, then we have to get somewhere. We have to make the playoffs to have a shot at a SB and there is simply no better option than Peyton available right now. Maybe next year there is, we should explore it then, but to say Peyton this year somehow hurts us next year is a ridiculous argument with no basis in reality or fact.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

I have also had a not so bright outlook on this coming season. We lost a ton of talent and are now personnel wize weaker than the last couple of years by a lot.

I do think we will have a powerful defense. and it will need to be best in the NFL for this team to have a shot. But no real NT is a worry. If teams can run then who cares if we have crazy good pass rush?

Manning is easy to beat when he gets rattled and it's easy to see this happening with the defenses we are playing this year and with this bunch of pups on OL save Vasquez. If they are unable to protect or open the ZBS holes - it will be a long season.
    Kubes is a solid coach but 'his system' same as shanny's etc. has not made hay since Elway finally got a running game. Just like Manning's broncos / Kubes best teams in Houston were easily dispatched when it counted. Not sure he is master at anything enough to make this rebuild into an quick contender.
    So hope I am wrong.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by nevcraw View Post
    I have also had a not so bright outlook on this coming season. We lost a ton of talent and are now personnel wize weaker than the last couple of years by a lot.

I do think we will have a powerful defense. and it will need to be best in the NFL for this team to have a shot. But no real NT is a worry. If teams can run then who cares if we have crazy good pass rush?

Manning is easy to beat when he gets rattled and it's easy to see this happening with the defenses we are playing this year and with this bunch of pups on OL save Vasquez. If they are unable to protect or open the ZBS holes - it will be a long season.
    Kubes is a solid coach but 'his system' same as shanny's etc. has not made hay since Elway finally got a running game. Just like Manning's broncos / Kubes best teams in Houston were easily dispatched when it counted. Not sure he is master at anything enough to make this rebuild into an quick contender.
    So hope I am wrong.
    Kubiak's best teams in Houston never had a franchise quarterback.

22. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information