Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Emmanuel Sanders says passing numbers will decline.

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    Unless the defense is incredible I don't see it happening. Manning has made a career of running a fast paced, no holds barred offense and that is being taken away from him. He will probably look pretty pedestrian this season.
    I think he will too but not because of Kubiak, because of diminished skills and age.

*EDIT - sorry BW, didn't see your post saying basically the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Emmanuel Sanders embraces new balanced offense

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – With a pair of 1,000-yard receivers in 2014, it’s easy to see why the Broncos might be "wide receiver heaven." But with the addition of a new head coach and offensive coordinator for the 2015 season, things could change.

To wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders that isn’t necessarily true: “[No.] 18 is still at the helm. You never know.”

Newly-appointed Offensive Coordinator Rick Dennison will look to have a more balanced attack in 2015. A trademark of Dennison’s traditional coaching style, Denver will now look to rely on both the rushing and passing offense as opposed to last year’s emphasis on the passing game.

“It’s definitely different,” said Sanders. “You talk about going from a no-huddle offense to an offense that’s huddling up, to an offense that is predicated off running a football and then throwing it. It’s different.”
    rest, plus video - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...9-8d3a82a11e30

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

"It's different"

Lmao
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

I think our offense will be as good as last year and I still expect manning to get close to 35-40 tds.....The defense is going to be stellar this year!

I have only 2 concerns with this team.

The Oline and the Dline.

I have faith that the Oline will come together. These guys know what they are doing and what they want. The Oline will come together. The DLine I have concerns with. Sly and Co must keep the LBs clean. I remember when Ray Lewis bitched over and over about not having a mammoth DT to keep him clean. I worry that could be our case here. I think wolfe will be more than fine. I think Malik Jackson will be a stud too. I love antonio and vance is solid. So the run D shouldnt be too bad but we have to make sure that we keep the LBs clean. IF so, we are G.O.L.D.E.N.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Sanders doesn't think this is Manning's last year

KUSA—Concerns can be disguised through volume.

Is Gary Kubiak a better coach than John Fox? Who will start along the offensive line? Who plays linebacker if Danny Trevathan and Brandon Marshall aren't ready? How will the Denver D adjust to the new 3-4 alignment? How will the contract holdout affect star receiver Demaryius Thomas?

Minor issues all.

There is but one fear for the Broncos to consider this season if they are to win their first Super Bowl in 17 years: Does Peyton Manning have anything left? This was put to the guy who caught the second-most passes from Manning last season, receiver Emmanuel Sanders.

"I think he's got a lot left in the tank," Sanders said Wednesday after leaving the press podium following the team's first full, offseason practice. "He's wearing a glove and his spiral is back. He's throwing a good ball. You can tell that the glove is helping him. He didn't wear it this early last year. His arm is not a problem. His ball is accurate. I don't see anything that says this is his last year."
    rest - plus video - http://www.9news.com/story/sports/nf...ning/28045137/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

If the Oline doesn't completely suck the offense is going to be fine. CJ is going to feast if he can stay healthy, and running the ball more often should keep our geezer QB healthier. Speaking of that geezer, if you think the Broncos won't be capable of running a no huddle from the gun if the situation requires it, you got some good meds.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

This seems like as good a place as any to put this. On NFL.com, there's an article on "offseason narratives we don't trust". For our boys, they say:

Broncos window closed with Peyton Manning in decline

This storyline is less about the Broncos, and more about what we've heard and read from other national analysts. There is a lot of chatter that Denver is no longer an AFC favorite because Manning is past his prime, but that ignores a few key factors. 1. The Broncos have one of the most talented rosters in the league. And Manning was playing like a top-three quarterback for the majority of last season. We don't need to see peak Manning for Denver to make it back to the Super Bowl. He just needs to play like a late-era Chad Pennington, while Gary Kubiak's offense and Wade Phillips' defense supports the passing game. The Broncos upgraded by getting rid of John Fox and Jack Del Rio, who are not known for their schematic adjustments. This Denver team is slipping under the radar, but they should absolutely remain a favorite to earn another playoff bye. -- Gregg Rosenthal
    The rest (a few other interesting non-Bronco nuggets in there): http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-we-dont-trust

9. The Following 5 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

I've got the winds something horrible today.

11. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post

Hell, several teams last season took the no holds barred offense away from Manning. Teams have adjusted to that scheme- thanks to SEA.
    If our Oline could have stopped a pass rush of two, giving manning time and forcing Seattle to bring a LB as well - we would have been competitive.

All the team's that stopped manning were able to do so by making him throw early, bringing few rushers and taking out his check downs with the extra man on coverage.

I know that sounds like I am excusing manning of any blame - but it is how I see it.

Put a better oline in and that offense would be unstoppable. Since they never invested heavily on that oline - a change in tactics was needed otherwise manning would be dead.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

AND, now Clady is out for the season.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    AND, now Clady is out for the season.
    thanks a lot, obama!

in all honesty, the ONLY thing that disappppointed me a little about the whole manning thig was that we didn't make a better effort to support him with a dynamic running game earlier. . . i thought john's own experience in that regard would have convinced him of the value of that approach. . . i was bummed that we didn't at least make a serious attempt to bring in a big-time back who could take some pressure off manning and the passing game. . . i mean, it worked pretty well for the duke, right? it's still a good model, and we should have gone to it sooner. . . look at aaron rodgers-- he's the best QB in the league, very much still in his prime, and he started asking for it a couple of years ago. . .

ironically, i no longer think we need a big-time back. . . CJ is close enough, and we've got a couple other guys who can get it done in the ZBS. . . i actually think we're kinda stacked at RB. . . it's the line i'm worried about now. . . if our questionable tackles can't hold their own in pass pro, we may find ourselves running it an awful lot out of simple necessity. . .

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Manning will find a way to get those numbers

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    Manning will find a way to get those numbers
    Manning doubters make no sense to me

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Manning doubters make no sense to me
    Why? It's not totally out of left field to have doubts about a guy who is 39 years old and is coming off a season where his body broke down toward the end of the year. Yeah we all respect what he has done in this league and for us, but no one stays that great forever.

21. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post

Why? It's not totally out of left field to have doubts about a guy who is 39 years old and is coming off a season where his body broke down toward the end of the year. Yeah we all respect what he has done in this league and for us, but no one stays that great forever.
    What about Jesus

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information