Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Emmanuel Sanders says passing numbers will decline.

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    What about Jesus
    Jesus didn't make it to 39.

2. The Following 5 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Manning doubters make no sense to me
    Manning apologists are in denial. He can't escape the pass rush and he can't throw balls into tight windows - all the knowledge and strategy and trickery in the world can't compensate for those shortcomings over a full NFL season against the best defenses.

That said - and this is hypocritical - I'm still his #1 fan when the season starts. I'm just skeptical.

4. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    Manning will find a way to get those numbers
    I don't know if he'll make 4,500 or more passing yards and 39 or more touchdown passes because Denver going run the ball more but I'm confident his number will still be impressive. As I said earlier I won't be surprised if Manning's numbers put him in the top five.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Manning apologists are in denial. He can't escape the pass rush and he can't throw balls into tight windows - all the knowledge and strategy and trickery in the world can't compensate for those shortcomings over a full NFL season against the best defenses.

That said - and this is hypocritical - I'm still his #1 fan when the season starts. I'm just skeptical.
    I have full trust and confidence that were he unable to get it done for a full season JFE would've pulled his punk card a LOT more than 4 million. Manning doubters have yet to provide a better scenario that has passed us because we kept Manning at the helm. Unless there was a better option why complain?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I have full trust and confidence that were he unable to get it done for a full season JFE would've pulled his punk card a LOT more than 4 million. Manning doubters have yet to provide a better scenario that has passed us because we kept Manning at the helm. Unless there was a better option why complain?
    Because that's what I do in life, Davii, I complain.

But seriously - I don't like this argument, because my contention is that Manning might still be better than Brock, but if we know his ceiling isn't high enough to win us a SB, then we're just delaying the inevitable. I'd rather get on with the future personally.

But again - I'm fully on board once the season starts - I'll just disagree with the offseason strategy in the meantime.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

But seriously - I don't like this argument, because my contention is that Manning might still be better than Brock, but if we know his ceiling isn't high enough to win us a SB, then we're just delaying the inevitable. I'd rather get on with the future personally.

But again - I'm fully on board once the season starts - I'll just disagree with the offseason strategy in the meantime.

I have to admit Buff you are a prolific complainer maybe the G.O.A.T.

10. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I'm totally with you on all this Buff. And like you, I will fully support and cheer my ass off for Manning this season. And I'm actually excited that he's coming back mainly because I am going to a game this year and want to see him play live.

Having said all that though, I think his chances of getting us a title this year are pretty slim. I would obviously love to be wrong though.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

I foresees kubiak and manning having issues this season. I can see manning wanting to audible out of a lot of Kubuaks running plays. Manning loves to change it at the line. Will be interested to see hiw this offense works.

13. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    I foresees kubiak and manning having issues this season. I can see manning wanting to audible out of a lot of Kubuaks running plays. Manning loves to change it at the line. Will be interested to see hiw this offense works.
    I really do think Kubiak and Manning will be able co-exsist just fine. I don't think Manning comes back this season if he doesn't he's a feel he can work in Kubiak's offense.

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

meh! let's all keep in mind that oz was basically a draft afterthought (anything past the top 20 is, for QBs)-- second round QBs rarely ever succeed, and there are reasons for that. . . not sayin' oz can't be the guy, but in all honesty, he's probably not. . . that's just the odds of the situation. . . the chance that he's the QB of the future isn't good enough to forgo the chance at another run with PFM. . . even if we aren't likely to win a title this year. . .

i mean, we sure as hell aren't winning one with brock as a first-year starter either. . . IF manning is (and can stay) healthy enough to play the way he did the first half of last year, and IF wade can maximize the defensive talent, we still could have a shot this year. . . outside one maybe, but there are only three or four teams at most that can say any more. . .

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Well hey, the second Brock starts we're at that point delaying the inevitable. Let's be real, he won't be our QB for eternity. Might as well find the replacement for Elway as well since he won't be running the team forever either. Cancel football guys.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information