Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: FIFA officials arrested on corruption charges

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Default FIFA officials arrested on corruption charges

This is interesting. From what I'm gathering it's a pretty big deal and these guys basically had it coming. I'm very curious about Dave's thoughts on this because he's obviously not American.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...ry.html#page=1
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

FIFA is corrupt... shocking. 24 year investigation, insane. Think how many people have been involved in that investigation and how much money has been spent. The people who started it probably aren't even around anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The part that interests me about the span of years is that it goes back to just before the U.S. hosted the World Cup in 94. I haven't read anything about that, but it seems awfully coincidental that that's when a U.S. investigation began.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    The part that interests me about the span of years is that it goes back to just before the U.S. hosted the World Cup in 94. I haven't read anything about that, but it seems awfully coincidental that that's when a U.S. investigation began.
    I remember hearing rumblings that that WC was bought and paid for. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't but that might have made the U.S think they should investigate it a little bit. They probably did a little digging and found they should really take a deeper look at things. This is really the one of the worst kept secrets in sports though.

In my opinion, I don't care if they are bought and paid for. They should just be open about it and tell countries that it's going to the highest bidder.

Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

This could get pretty ugly. Sepp Blatter pulling a Bill Belechick.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

This is very interesting news for sure.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

How can you cheat at soccer? Serious question.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    How can you cheat at soccer? Serious question.
    It was not so much cheating at soccer.

The world cup brings a lot of revenue to the host country. It was the bidding process that was corrupt. Officials were getting bribes to vote a certain way

10. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

It was not so much cheating at soccer.

The world cup brings a lot of revenue to the host country. It was the bidding process that was corrupt. Officials were getting bribes to vote a certain way
    Ah - gotcha. I thought it had to do with the actual games played. That makes more sense.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

For years this has been like an open secret - FIFA is corrupt. It's hideous, has been for years.

I am just glad that the world police decided they could stand by no longer and intervened, If FIFA wish to be corrupt on US soil in meetings or by using the world class banking facilities - they are not above or beyond the law - and deserve everything they get. Way to go FBI lol.

I am pleased with your interventionist policy - but i would not be surprised if the next president of FIFA was pro-American soccer. You guys don't do anything without thinking about the bigger picture!

Seriously though - The FBI is probably about the only organisation that could pull this off as in the rest of the world FIFA is a monolithic entity that - just like your banks - is too big to fail!

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

IOC should be next

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

For years this has been like an open secret - FIFA is corrupt. It's hideous, has been for years.

I am just glad that the world police decided they could stand by no longer and intervened, If FIFA wish to be corrupt on US soil in meetings or by using the world class banking facilities - they are not above or beyond the law - and deserve everything they get. Way to go FBI lol.

I am pleased with your interventionist policy - but i would not be surprised if the next president of FIFA was pro-American soccer. You guys don't do anything without thinking about the bigger picture!

Seriously though - The FBI is probably about the only organisation that could pull this off as in the rest of the world FIFA is a monolithic entity that - just like your banks - is too big to fail!
    Being pro-American soccer will not help us much. We have all the funding we need, just no system set up to turn kids into great players. Anyone trying to import another countries system into the US to bring us up to speed probably is doomed to fail. We just like High School and College sports too much.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ion/?tid=sm_fb

There's a body count to this scandal, too.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I mean, it's FIFA. Does anyone really care?

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I mean, it's FIFA. Does anyone really care?

everyone but USA and Canada... I joke, there are a lot of fans in both countries.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information