Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: FIFA officials arrested on corruption charges

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I'm sure CONCACAF and UEFA will call for a new election.
    Right, but that's why I'd be pissed. The guy forces his opponent to withdraw, then gives a bullshit tone deaf speech praising himself and FIFA, and then resigns days later? Talk about wasting everyone's time... It was such an inevitable outcome too - like how in the world did no one intervene before the election?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Right, but that's why I'd be pissed. The guy forces his opponent to withdraw, then gives a bullshit tone deaf speech praising himself and FIFA, and then resigns days later? Talk about wasting everyone's time... It was such an inevitable outcome too - like how in the world did no one intervene before the election?
    You're right. It was essentially an ego-driven show of power to the officials in Russia, Africa, the Middle East and Asia who he paid off to vote for him, or paid off their organizations to put them in power, anyway.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

FIFA is a complete train wreck of an organization. I can't fathom who businessmen, whom are presumed to by reasonably intelligent, would allow this to transpire. A sitting President who is under investigation for corruption being allowed to run for, and then subsequently win, reelection. Then he resigns 4 days later?
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Greg Dulcich

I bet Roger Goodell loves this. The NFL looks halfway competent compared to FIFA.

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. ---- Pope John Paul II

5. The Following User High Fived Bronco4ever For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Qatar says "prejudice and racism" behind criticism of 2022 World Cup

Foreign Minister Khaled al-Attiyah said Qatar would one day show "who is behind this campaign against Qatar", suggesting the country was being unfairly targeted over allegations of graft in the vote that won it the Cup, and of abuse of migrant workers.

"It is very difficult for some to digest that an Arab Islamic country has this tournament, as if this right can't be for an Arab state," he told Reuters in an interview in Paris a day after Sepp Blatter's resignation as FIFA president.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/qatar-s...7--sector.html
    Oh, so objecting to the deaths of migrant workers constitutes racism. OK
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information