Thread: Tevrin Brandon hit by car, still on schedule to practice next week

Adopted Bronco:
    Tommy Nalen

Default Tevrin Brandon hit by car, still on schedule to practice next week

So, not sure if anyone saw the news yet or not, but I've got a strange story.

Dude we signed to a futures contract got hit by a car Sunday morning I believe. Some of you know I'm from NJ. I met a guy Sunday (girlfriend's cousin's boyfriend) at my girlfriend's graduation party who played with Tevrin Brandon at Monmouth and they're pretty good friends. Said he got hit by a hit and run suspected DUI and sent a snapchat of him in a neck brace on Sunday. Apparently he's all good though and is going to practice later this week. Troy Renck just posted this on twitter a bit ago.

Edit: Changed day he got hit. I heard Sunday night and assumed it happened the day before. Apparently early Sunday morning.
    Last edited by Zweems56; 05-25-2015 at 02:39 PM.

SHORYUKEN!

Stupid ass drunk idiots getting behind the wheel. I have no pity under any circumstances for drunk drivers.

Hope he's doing ok.

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Tommy Nalen

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Stupid ass drunk idiots getting behind the wheel. I have no pity under any circumstances for drunk drivers.

Hope he's doing ok.
    All indications are that he's okay and that he's clear to practice.

SHORYUKEN!

Small world. ...one of my best friends growing up played ball at Monmouth.

Back then I think it was called Eastern Oregon, or western Oregon. I don't remember which because he played ball at both schools.
    Last edited by Al Wilson 4 Mayor; 05-25-2015 at 02:43 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Tommy Nalen

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Small world. ...one of my best friends growing up played ball at Monmouth.
    Yeah. Weird how small the world is. Ex. I played high school ball against Knowshon. I'm still so sad that didn't work out.

SHORYUKEN!

7. The Following User High Fived Zweems56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Broncos cornerback Tevrin Brandon sustains minor injuries when hit by car

Broncos cornerback Tevrin Brandon sustained minor injuries when he was stuck by a car in Belmar, New Jersey on Sunday morning, the team confirmed.

Brandon, signed to a futures contract in April, was briefly hospitalized but is expected to practice on Wednesday when the team reconvenes for workouts. According to NJ.com, which first reported the accident, Brandon was crossing the intersection of Highways 71 and 35 when he was struck by what police believe was a black Ford F-150 truck. The truck fled the scene.

Brandon received a futures contract in January, lost in the hiring of coach Gary Kubiak and the uncertainty surrounding Peyton Manning’s future. Brandon, 24, began his college career at Connecticut before transferring to Monmouth University. He ran a 4.35 40-yard dash at his pro day, earning tryouts with the Chiefs and Jets. He played in the FXFL with the Brooklyn Bolts last season before agreeing to a deal with the Broncos.
    http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...-by-car/34069/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

what the devil is a Futures Contract?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    what the devil is a Futures Contract?
    "when a player is signed to "reserve/futures" contracts means they are being signed for the upcoming season even though that season does not officially begin until the official start of the league's new year as outlined by the NFL."

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information