Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44

Thread: The Running Thread

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CA45B9ED-561A-43B5-A1D4-9CAE3C3CECBC.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	17.5 KB 
ID:	13956

2. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

I guess sideways is better than upside down.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CA45B9ED-561A-43B5-A1D4-9CAE3C3CECBC.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	17.5 KB 
ID:	13957  

4. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Been getting back into running more lately. Been running at least twice a week in addition to my Crossfit workouts. My New Balance running shoes wore out so I went to Fleet Feet, one of those boutique running shoe stores, expecting to find a good shoe and then search for a better price.

Instead, after having my feet scanned, walking barefoot, and running in three different shoes I settled on a pair of Brooks shoes.

I never would've considered Brooks, I always felt they were too expensive and maybe even a little restrictive to movement. Turns out I should be wearing a stability shoe and the Brooks was far superior to the Saucony and NB she also had me try.

The service won me over. I'm sure I could've saved 15$ at Dicks or Academy but that would only serve to shut down the smaller stores that really ensured I had the right shoe for me.

Looking forward to knocking out 5 miles in these this afternoon!

6. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

I had been working toward the late March/early April 5k that I did last year and it was canceled. I'm really bummed out about it. I don't even care about racing now.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    I had been working toward the late March/early April 5k that I did last year and it was canceled. I'm really bummed out about it. I don't even care about racing now.
    I'm sure there are others in your area. Hell, we have at least one every week here.

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I'm sure there are others in your area. Hell, we have at least one every week here.
    Yeah, but this one isn't in my area. It's in Kayenta, Arizona. I've always liked visiting there. Maia and Amelia's grandmother lives there. Visiting brings back good vibes and memories. Last year was my first and only 5k. It was special to me. I was hoping to start a tradition since it seems to be the week of Spring Break. I was going to take my girls to see their grandmother and make a thing out of it. I probably shouldn't be so disappointed about it but I am.

10. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Yeah, but this one isn't in my area. It's in Kayenta, Arizona. I've always liked visiting there. Maia and Amelia's grandmother lives there. Visiting brings back good vibes and memories. Last year was my first and only 5k. It was special to me. I was hoping to start a tradition since it seems to be the week of Spring Break. I was going to take my girls to see their grandmother and make a thing out of it. I probably shouldn't be so disappointed about it but I am.
    Do they have one there any other time that works out well?

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Do they have one there any other time that works out well?
    I might check into it. Surely there are races all over Monument Valley.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

My crossfit gym is doing bodyweight exercise classes via zoom. I've been either running or riding my bike each morning. One of the coaches decided to put together a 10k time program for those of us who were running.

Started it today, good fun. 1 mile time trial (6:56), 400 mile pace -15 sec, 2x200 at mile pace -10 sec

14. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information