Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Running Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Default The Running Thread

The other fitness threads are mainly about body building. I don't do to much of that so here is a very self indulgent thread.

Today I went running in my new trainers.

First run in a while.

4.5 miles
    43 minutes

Weather was glorious.

Felt good.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

I need to start running again.

4. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I haven't run in two weeks, been really busy with the new house, etc. I mapped out a five mile run from my house to Lake Pontchartrain, along the shore for a while and back that I will try out tomorrow morning.

There are 3 city parks connected by a path by my house. I need to check it out. It's probably only 3 miles round trip.

7. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    There are 3 city parks connected by a path by my house. I need to check it out. It's probably only 3 miles round trip.
    Hit the road Al. I am getting back to a place where I enjoy running. It took a while, but after years of knee pain, etc, I am enjoying running again. I'm considering running the Spartan run in Alabama this year.

Adopted Bronco:

Due to my degenerative knees, I am limited to bicycling. Wish I could run again.

10. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Due to my degenerative knees, I am limited to bicycling. Wish I could run again.
    Cycling is so much better imo. Easier on the knees, way more fun and adventurous.

I bike the Golden Gate Bridge alot in SF and throughout the city. Any redwood trails or bike paths along the coast are great too. Love it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150308_172218.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	7220  
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

12. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post

Cycling is so much better imo. Easier on the knees, way more fun and adventurous.

I bike the Golden Gate Bridge alot in SF and throughout the city. Any redwood trails or bike paths along the coast are great too. Love it!
    Yeah cycling rocks too.

Love that picture.

Could a mod change the name of this thread to "the running and cycling thread"

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post

Yeah cycling rocks too.

Love that picture.

Could a mod change the name of this thread to "the running and cycling thread"
    Thanks! As soon as my health gets better im going to hit it hard again. It's really the only type of exercise I love to do. Alot of my friends will bike 30 plus miles a day. Im not on that level yet but would like to get there. Im more of a off the beaten path/trail kinda guy anyway.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Thanks! As soon as my health gets better im going to hit it hard again. It's really the only type of exercise I love to do. Alot of my friends will bike 30 plus miles a day. Im not on that level yet but would like to get there. Im more of a off the beaten path/trail kinda guy anyway.
    I love it when you are of the beaten track and you come to a clearing - and the whole area is just our in front of you to appreciate.

Certain parts of your country is so iconic - San Francisco is one of these places, I would love to run through those redwoods.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post

I love it when you are of the beaten track and you come to a clearing - and the whole area is just our in front of you to appreciate.

Certain parts of your country is so iconic - San Francisco is one of these places, I would love to run through those redwoods.

If you ever get a chance to go, visit Muir Woods.

Here's another shot over looking the Bay and one of all the bikers in Sausalito. People love biking here. I will bike over the Golden Gate then take the ferry back to the other bridge, through the city then bike back to Golden Gate. Usually we'll stop and eat somewhere along the way.

Name:	20150308_171612.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	7221  

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Hmm for some reason it didnt let me upload both in the same post. Its hard to even find a place to park your bike.

Name:	20150308_181357.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	103.9 KB 
ID:	7223  

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Hmm for some reason it didnt let me upload both in the same post. Its hard to even find a place to park your bike.
    That's like Eindhoven and Amsterdam - bikes every where

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Nothing feels more free to me than sprinting. I like long distance, but nothing turns on the fat burning furnace like High intensity interval training via short sprints. I even put a 100 yard sprint track on the farm and covered it in woodchips to make it soft on the joints. I also love going to the high school football stadium for some HIIT on the stadium steps.

23. The Following User High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Hit the road Al. I am getting back to a place where I enjoy running. It took a while, but after years of knee pain, etc, I am enjoying running again. I'm considering running the Spartan run in Alabama this year.
    I think I will hit the road Davii. I think doing it several times a week will pay huge dividends. It might motivate me to hit the weights again too.

I have no viable excuse not too.

25. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information