Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast

Thread: The Running Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Man a half marathon sounds crazy, let alone a full one. I did a 10k at the Colfax Marathon and am doing another Fathers Day and I am not looking forward to it. My stamina is fine, but my damn knee breaks down about 4 miles in as well. I don't think I'd even attempt a marathon, that's impressive as hell to me that you finished!

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Man a half marathon sounds crazy, let alone a full one. I did a 10k at the Colfax Marathon and am doing another Fathers Day and I am not looking forward to it. My stamina is fine, but my damn knee breaks down about 4 miles in as well. I don't think I'd even attempt a marathon, that's impressive as hell to me that you finished!
    You use any compression on your knees MS? While certainly not a cure, I've found my knees do better with some compression or even just a patellar tendon strap.

3. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    You use any compression on your knees MS? While certainly not a cure, I've found my knees do better with some compression or even just a patellar tendon strap.
    Yeah they seem to help a bit. I had a bad knee injury in high school and it swelled up and had to be drained for the better part of a year. I started getting arthritis in it when I was in my early 30's. Its one of those the more I move the better it feels things, but the impact of running does a number on it. I will have to try some different types of straps to see what helps. Like I said I have the stamina to run a 10k just fine, but my damn body is failing me. Time for a cyborg leg!

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Yeah they seem to help a bit. I had a bad knee injury in high school and it swelled up and had to be drained for the better part of a year. I started getting arthritis in it when I was in my early 30's. Its one of those the more I move the better it feels things, but the impact of running does a number on it. I will have to try some different types of straps to see what helps. Like I said I have the stamina to run a 10k just fine, but my damn body is failing me. Time for a cyborg leg!
    Have you had and MRI on it? Sounds like a meniscus issue. Might be a ton better with some arthroscopic cleanup.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Have you had and MRI on it? Sounds like a meniscus issue. Might be a ton better with some arthroscopic cleanup.
    Yeah I will just have to get it checked out eventually and realize I'm not a spring chicken anymore.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Yeah I will just have to get it checked out eventually and realize I'm not a spring chicken anymore.
    I'm definitely a spring chicken. Poor guy got run over crossing the road though.

8. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

After doing over a dozen 5k races over the last few years finally did a 10k. Did great the first 4 miles then hit a bit of a rough stretch due to the heat but I kept a pretty good pace overall. Finished in just over an hour at 01:01:53. Next time I want to shoot for around 55 minutes. The top guy finished in like 32 minutes or some nonsense. Next time I do one I will do what I saw another guy did and keep a snail pace at the beginning then turn it on around 5 miles in. I was way ahead of the guy and the next thing I knew he was on the horizon!

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

After doing over a dozen 5k races over the last few years finally did a 10k. Did great the first 4 miles then hit a bit of a rough stretch due to the heat but I kept a pretty good pace overall. Finished in just over an hour at 01:01:53. Next time I want to shoot for around 55 minutes. The top guy finished in like 32 minutes or some nonsense. Next time I do one I will do what I saw another guy did and keep a snail pace at the beginning then turn it on around 5 miles in. I was way ahead of the guy and the next thing I knew he was on the horizon!
    That's quality dude

12. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Off to DC again in the morning. I have two runs planned, one that will take me around the national mall the other around the Pentagon and Arlington National cemetary. Hopefully I get off early enough one day to go visit a few people in Arlington.

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

I moved my treadmill from the garage to the house. Helluva workout.

16. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Off to DC again in the morning. I have two runs planned, one that will take me around the national mall the other around the Pentagon and Arlington National cemetary. Hopefully I get off early enough one day to go visit a few people in Arlington.
    Don't take your AR with you.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Don't take your AR with you.
    I don't own one.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-3995712163.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	9148

Name:	image-2272923810.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	54.8 KB 
ID:	9149

Name:	image-4176493926.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	9150

Name:	image-2370001649.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	9151

I went for a wee cross country ten miler today. It was glorious

Stopped for sandwiches and just to take it all in.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

My brother in law placed first in a half iron man yesterday. I believe it was in CDA. I was pretty impressed, to say the least.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I went running over the weekend. Here's my path:

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	9152

I thought of Dave the whole way.

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information