Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Titans reportedly got an insane trade offer for the No. 2 pick

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I would of made that trade in a heartbeat. Even if Bradford didnt pan out longterm you can still get a QB down the road whether in the draft or FA. I really dont think Winston or Mariota are going to be franchise QB's personally.

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I think Winston may have a Johnny Football style wake up call - i don't think his ability backs up his level of arrogance and i think he will get found out early. At least i would be confident that Mariota will be humble and give 100% to fitting in, learning and improving.

That said i do think Winston has the potential - i just question his mentality

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I think Winston may have a Johnny Football style wake up call - i don't think his ability backs up his level of arrogance and i think he will get found out early. At least i would be confident that Mariota will be humble and give 100% to fitting in, learning and improving.

That said i do think Winston has the potential - i just question his mentality
    About 10 years ago, Matt Leinart of the Cards kept hitting the snooze bar until it was too late. The problem with these "can't miss" talents coming out of collage is that you can't be late waking up to the NFL. Every year they slack off, a dozen new young & hungry QBs come into the league wanting to take their job. Teams have to ask themselves at some point, "Why should we keep waiting for this guy to get an NFL mindset when we got 2 other guys on this team who already does?" "Is their NFL mindset greater than his raw & underdeveloped talent?"
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

6. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I would of made that trade in a heartbeat. Even if Bradford didnt pan out longterm you can still get a QB down the road whether in the draft or FA. I really dont think Winston or Mariota are going to be franchise QB's personally.
    Mariota maybe, Winston No, I agree. The tea leaves and sheep entrails to me read "future Ryan Leaf" level disaster for this guy. And the Bucs could have had the makings of an instant rebuilding program instead.

Its how a bad franchise stays bad
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    Mariota maybe, Winston No, I agree. The tea leaves and sheep entrails to me read "future Ryan Leaf" level disaster for this guy. And the Bucs could have had the makings of an instant rebuilding program instead.

Its how a bad franchise stays bad

Yea, i dont get the desperation some teams have just because they need a certain position. They could of easily addressed another position (williams for instance) and either drafted a QB later like Grayson, signed a FA, or went ahead with Glennon until a better option presents itself. Tampa may very much like Winston but im with you, i see bust written all over that kid. He's ALREADY having to delete tweets and having the team separate themselves from his behavior because they are not endorsing that kind of stuff.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

I'd understand the trade if it was for someone like Andy Luck coming into the draft where everyone knew he was gonna be the next big thing, but for Mariota? Lol no thanks.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Its like the Jerry Jones Hershel Walker trade that built the Cowboys, or the RG3 trade the Rams built their defense with.

titans are idiots. fletcher cox is a beast

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Interesting, the Titans probably still had one of, if not the best, drafts this year.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

15. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information