Thread: who might drop in draft

Default who might drop in draft

Who do you think that is a high rated guy that might drop to broncos pick? Some rumblings about randy Gregory. Shane ray. And does denver draft them or trade back. The one guy who I'd pick if I was denver if he fell.. although it's highly unlikely. . Is Todd gurly. . Best player in the draft. Prob take Gregory too..

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

At 28, you can't expect someone perfect. I've simulated a bunch of mocks on Fanspeak and it seems like the player that always makes sense and is available is OT Andrus Peat of Stanford. I think I would prefer Cameron Erving or Jake Fisher if they fall to us. If those three are gone, I'd begin to consider fallers like Gregory and Ray. Gregory, in particular, would be a sensible risk at #28.

I would not suggest trading up but I would be okay with trading down if there were several options still left at 28 that left us with several good choices in the early second. Good candidates might be Tampa Bay, the New York Jets and the Washington Redskins. Adding an early 4th-rounder to move down is a nice bonus.

Another open question is how Kubiak feels about Bret Hundley and Bryce Petty and whether he thinks they should "go after" either player as their QBOTF. The answer to that question will affect the entire rest of their draft.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Malcolm Brown
    Andrus Peat
    Landon Collins
    La'el Collins
    Breshad Perriman

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    At 28, you can't expect someone perfect. I've simulated a bunch of mocks on Fanspeak and it seems like the player that always makes sense and is available is OT Andrus Peat of Stanford. I think I would prefer Cameron Erving or Jake Fisher if they fall to us. If those three are gone, I'd begin to consider fallers like Gregory and Ray. Gregory, in particular, would be a sensible risk at #28.

I would not suggest trading up but I would be okay with trading down if there were several options still left at 28 that left us with several good choices in the early second. Good candidates might be Tampa Bay, the New York Jets and the Washington Redskins. Adding an early 4th-rounder to move down is a nice bonus.

Another open question is how Kubiak feels about Bret Hundley and Bryce Petty and whether he thinks they should "go after" either player as their QBOTF. The answer to that question will affect the entire rest of their draft.
    I think Fisher will be there. He's my favorite first round target in this draft with Erving a close second. I have yet to see the Broncos pick my favorite, and I've been following the draft fairly closely since 1989 when it was on ESPN2 and only the draft nerds like me cared about it.

I would like to see Erving there.. can fill in on most positions on the o line. I'm not opposed to trading back too.. I think that's a great option if some of these guys fall.. maybe sucker a team into trading next year's 1st and early 2nd rd pick.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

I really like Peat. He anchors so well and there isnt a lineman in his league fundamentally.

7. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by broncobuss View Post
    Who do you think that is a high rated guy that might drop to broncos pick? Some rumblings about randy Gregory. Shane ray. And does denver draft them or trade back. The one guy who I'd pick if I was denver if he fell.. although it's highly unlikely. . Is Todd gurly. . Best player in the draft. Prob take Gregory too..
    I think Gurley will be a tremendous NFL running back. But in the event that he is there at 28, I would not take him. We have some pretty good RB depth and plenty of spots elsewhere that could use an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Erving and Fisher are my top two as well. Though I've been nosing around in Fanspeak and also coming up with Peat. Kind of odd considering I figured he'd be long gone. Speaking of which ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Malcolm Brown
    Andrus Peat
    Landon Collins
    La'el Collins
    Breshad Perriman
    Brown will be interesting because I'm not sure exactly where he's going. Won't be there at 28, though, so I'm not thinking about him too much.

Peat, as I said above, keeps coming up in Fanspeak mocks. Is he really falling? I read that the knock on him (can't remember if it was on here or not) is that he's the softest of the top OL. Can anyone confirm this kind of talk?

Landon Collins I'm not sure is falling so much as teams aren't going to jump at a SS that early. I read somewhere (Twitter maybe) that he's being mocked to a lot of teams in the first that probably wouldn't take him given their needs.

I guess La'el Collins depends on whether teams see him as a tackle or guard. I believe the Kiper/McShay mock draft that they showed on ESPN had him slotted in as a guard and therefore lower than one might think.

Is Perriman falling? I thought he was on the rise after his blazing speed at the combine. I'm not sure that he's a first round WR, but teams will fall in love with that speed and if WR's are flying off the board, he could definitely be picked higher than he should.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

I question Perriman's hands. I think he'll be a shorter Jacoby Jones. His speed will kill opponents. His hands will kill his teammates.

Gurley wont make it to 20 but if he is at our pick, Miami will be calling to trade up. They are already rumored to want back into the first (my gut says CB because they take gurley with their original pick) but if they pass on Gurley and he is there at our pick they will blow up our phones for sure!
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

11. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

That's is what I hope happens.. someone falls and a team goes nuts to trade back up in the 1st to get him and they over pay.. alot of good o linemen in the top of the 2nd

Add Shane Ray to my list-

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
    · 2m 2 minutes ago
    Missouri DR Shane Ray, a projected Top 10 Thursday, was cited for possession of marijuana and a traffic violation early Monday in Missouri.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

these cats that just can't keep it together until the draft just piss me off. at least Von had us all fooled. Freaking dopes

Yeah if you can't keep it together for the most important 4 months of your life you're either stupid or have a serious problem.. but most likely both.. him and Gregory might both be there at 28 now

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

If they get drafted by a team in Potorado, is that a plus or a minus for their careers? I mean, dopes who can't stay off the ganja is it better that they play for the Seahawks or Broncos or play in a state where herbal medicine is illegal?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information