Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Black Punters

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Default Black Punters

It seems we need more of them.

We have seen Reggie Roby, and the guy on the Raiders right now.

This is unacceptable.

I propose a bold new strategy to combat this problem.

During the summer months we should load footballs up with M80s and light the fuse and drop them over inner cities. The young men in these cities will obviously want to not have their shit blown up so they will try to get rid of them. Now think about when you were a teen and you were screwing around with fireworks and one happened to be a dud. Did you reach out with your hand to see if it was a dud? Heck no! You used your foot. The same thing will go with these footballs. They will get used to kicking footballs all summer long and when it is time for football season to start they will have excellent leg muscles and have good foot-eye coordination.

please reply

2. The Following User High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Reggie Roby was an excellent punter. Sadly, he is no longer with us.

I did not know reggie passed but it is my understanding that black punters don't live long

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Greg Coleman.

BTW, do you have any solution for the lack of white cornerbacks?
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

6. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Racists.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Greg Dulcich

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. ---- Pope John Paul II

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco4ever View Post
    The NFL/AFl record for the longest punt took place at the old Mile High by Steve O'Neal of the New York Jets. The play started at the Jets 1-yd line and boomed over Billy Thompson's head. It kept rolling and rolling to the Denver 1 where Thompson picked it up and returned it to midfield.

That was Sept. 21, 1969 and Denver won it, 21-19.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...6909210den.htm

The stat sheet implies it was Floyd Little who ran it back but I'm 90% sure it was Thompson because I was in the stands and watched it.

Here's a story on YouTube about it - definitely Billy Thompson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htKoikjH0L8
    Last edited by OrangeHoof; 04-26-2015 at 02:18 PM.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

10. The Following 4 Users High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

that was one heck of a kick....didn't Randell Cunningham have a punt like this on a trick punt?

12. The Following User High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    that was one heck of a kick....didn't Randell Cunningham have a punt like this on a trick punt?
    He was aided by a ridiculously strong tail wind.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    He was aided by a ridiculously strong tail wind.
    Randall could throw the ball a good 70 yards in the air on a perfect spiral.

One reason that punt was forgotten quickly was the devastating hit on Eddie Mac.

Another was that the Giants' long flight back got on the ground just in time.

After feeling bittersweet about the win that Monday Night, I'll never forget the next day.
    I was on the job site that morning when the crazy mixed up reports started sporadically coming in.
    The skies here were overcast and bizarrely quiet with the occasional exception of pairs of F-16s scrambling out of Luke.
    I felt so helpless because I couldn't do anything but get more and more pissed off.
    I spent the day at work in a surreal haze thinking about how important my job really wasn't.

Here's a piece about the Giants returning to chaos:

Nightmare Eve, the Game Before 9/11
    http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/23/sp...Terrorism&_r=0

May God Bless All The Men And Women Of Our Armed Forces, Past and Present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing (Edmund Burke)

http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Adopted Bronco:
    Greg Dulcich

Quote Originally Posted by Az Snake View Post
    One reason that punt was forgotten quickly was the devastating hit on Eddie Mac.

After feeling bittersweet about the win that Monday Night, I'll never forget the next day.
    I was on the job site that morning when the crazy mixed up reports started sporadically coming in.
    The skies here were overcast and bizarrely quiet with the occasional exception of pairs of F-16s scrambling out of Luke.
    I felt so helpless because I couldn't do anything but get more and more pissed off.
    I spent the day at work in a surreal haze thinking about how important my job really wasn't.

I remember being sad about seeing Eddie's leg just dangling after he broke it. He held on to that catch too I believe. It seemed like such a bad thing until we all woke up the next day. The world was so much different when that game took place.

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. ---- Pope John Paul II

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

I remember being sad about seeing Eddie's leg just dangling after he broke it. He held on to that catch too I believe. It seemed like such a bad thing until we all woke up the next day. The world was so much different when that game took place.
    Yes, I was stunned but Eddie Mac made the catch.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Az Snake View Post

I stayed up to watch this whole game. If I didn't, I would've woken up on time and made it to the city as the events unfolded, a few miles from the attack but still in the heart of the madness. Instead I sluggishly got ready for work, turned on the Today Show and then watched the towers fall in the distance from our bedroom window. Wow is it approaching 14 years ago in September??!

Black punters are the equivalent to a black guy in a horror movie.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

20. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information