Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: The Real Reason Cody Latimer Didn't Play Much Last Season

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

2. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Listen it doesnt mean we are haters to point out what has already been well documented. Sometimes you just have to line up and run your shit. My point was that although the 2013 offense was one of the best of all times, they got stonewalled on the biggest stage because we couldnt just run our stuff. And although we got a ton of yardage and points, the pedal to the metal analogy was often a misnomer because we would use the entire playclock audibling.

Look the goal was and is championships and with 10 prowbowlers on the roster you hope to win more than 2 playoff games in 3 years and have two embarassing losses at home.

4. The Following 9 Users High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

I'm bumping this thread with an A/P article on Latimer. It talks about many of the same things as in the initial post, but I thought there were some interesting quotes in there from him. Hopefully he can get it together this year. That was a tremendous WR class and if the guy we traded up to get can't cut it, that will be a major disappointment:

Looking back, Latimer said he just didn't prepare properly for the pros and tried too hard to please Peyton Manning.

"I've got to accept the fact I messed up," Latimer said. "I wasn't on my Ps and Qs. I can't let that happen again. It's like when you touch a hot stove when you're a little kid. I'm not going to do that again."

Latimer would regularly wow everyone as a member of the scout team. But he couldn't translate that into games because he couldn't always decipher Manning's many changes in the play call at the line.

When the season was over, Latimer hit the playbook, the game film, the weight room and the football field with a renewed vigor.

The results are a more chiseled physique, more confidence, and, he insists, a better brain for the game.

"I'm more mentally into it this year," Latimer said. "I go home and study a lot now. I spend extra time with coaches after practice. In meeting rooms, actually paying attention. Last year, just a mess-up on my part. But this year, I'm making sure I don't have that same downfall."
    The rest: http://bigstory.ap.org/article/077ac...on-feeble-2014
    H/T to Thin Air for posting this article or I might never have seen it.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Interesting. I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often.
    It happens all the time. Normally the player simply doesn't admit it. This falls into the "Captain Obvious" category. It's almost impossible for a WR to come into the league and make an immediate impact year one. Even top 10 pick WRs don't normally do that.

There are certain positions where you can expect a player to come in and compete to start right away (ex: RB) but WR is not one of those positions, for exactly the same reason he stated. Learning the playbook is one thing, but NFL QBs audible a lot at the line, and Peyton does it more than most.

It's exactly like he said: this ain't college kid.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

This proves looks can be deceiving. I thought Latimer looked pretty smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    Actually I'm encouraged by his comments. It's an honest and humble admission. Probably not that fun to admit.

Still don't know anything about if he'll be good but he didn't blame everyone else or make diva WR comments, that's for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

10. The Following User High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Hey, I give him credit for being honest about it.

The problem is and there's guys on this board even that said Welker couldn't pick up this offense, is that this is a complete new offense. It won't be easier than last year for him but if he puts in the time to learn and it actually clicks then I think Cody will soon be a threat in the offense. He just has to get it mentally and he will be fine.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

12. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    Actually I'm encouraged by his comments. It's an honest and humble admission. Probably not that fun to admit.

Still don't know anything about if he'll be good but he didn't blame everyone else or make diva WR comments, that's for sure.
    Agreed. He could have just said that he's going to do better this year. Putting out his flaws in the media is a tough thing to do, but it makes me think he's learned something and will be more on top of things this year.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    Why, cuz he's white?

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Why, cuz he's white?
    Latimer is not white. He's black, or at the very least half black.

He was playin I think Al
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

17. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    It happens all the time. Normally the player simply doesn't admit it. This falls into the "Captain Obvious" category. It's almost impossible for a WR to come into the league and make an immediate impact year one. Even top 10 pick WRs don't normally do that.

There are certain positions where you can expect a player to come in and compete to start right away (ex: RB) but WR is not one of those positions, for exactly the same reason he stated. Learning the playbook is one thing, but NFL QBs audible a lot at the line, and Peyton does it more than most.

It's exactly like he said: this ain't college kid.
    Do you even watch football?

Jesus. Why do I even read your idiotic posts.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Do you even watch football?

Jesus. Why do I even read your idiotic posts.
    It's a pretty absurd statement.

20 of the 30 receivers drafted last year played in 10 games or more and seven started in 10 games or more. Odell Beckham led the league in yards per game and was a top 10 receiver in almost every receiving category.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    It's a pretty absurd statement.

20 of the 30 receivers drafted last year played in 10 games or more and seven started in 10 games or more. Odell Beckham led the league in yards per game and was a top 10 receiver in almost every receiving category.
    the statement was true ten years ago. . . cug is just out of date. . . between the enforcement of the five-yard chuck rule and the proliferation of wide open passing games in college, it's a totally different ballgame than it was a decade ago in regards to receivers making the transition. . .

conversely, we've seen it become more difficult for running backs to transition, as the NFL emphasizes pass protection from the backs so much these days, and it's something that a lot of them still aren't learning in college. . .

23. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information