Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Tebow reaches agreement with Eagles

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Hard to say.

We are not privy to everything they try with him during those practices. But i think they stress his mechanics because his turnover ratio with fumbles is so high in 16 starts. If i recall one of the problems with his throwing motion was how low he brings the ball when throwing.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I dont have a problem giving Tebow credit, at the end of a lot of those wins he made plays out of pure heart and desire. No one can ever question his heart, he has a lot of fire and athletic ability. But i would not quite say he has had "success". His winning record is just barely above .500. He has some wins under his belt but he also has a lot of losses and in those losses he looked really really bad. For me, the 2011 season for Tim is no different than the 2007 season under Derek Anderson. Sometimes a player can catch lightning in a bottle for a short time and thats how i view what happened with us in 2011. It was fun but i never saw that as sustainable type of play for the long term.
    I'm not saying he's had a good NFL career. I'm talking about success in life and in general. If you did what he did in the NFL would you feel at least a little successfull? We like to label and compare everyone, which is easy to do as a fan. We're all idiots and like to pretend we know what we're talking about. It can be fun when we find other idiots like ourselves. But if we were able to speak with someone who only spent time on the Broncos practice squad, we would talk to that person like he's a knowledgeable person who had a little success at something.

3. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I have a theory as to why maybe he could be so off during a routie throwing session and even early in games. Perhaps with so many people trying to fix his mechanics, he really tried to work on those for his practice throws, and it not being his normal throwing motion, many of those passes might have been off. Same for the beginning of games. But when it gets later in the game and we needed him to make some big plays, he reverts back to what he is used to and what is more comfortable for him. That could also explain why many said he was so horrible in practices but then came to life during games. Maybe early in games he was trying to force the supposedly "better" mechanics that weren't working for him. Then when it came down to crunch time, he just naturally did what he was more comfortable with and played way better.
    I can't say for sure, but it's my theory that he over thinks things. When I play basketball I can't shoot for shit if I'm wide open but if someone is on me I do better. I don't have time to think I just shoot.

5. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    I can't say for sure, but it's my theory that he over thinks things. When I play basketball I can't shoot for shit if I'm wide open but if someone is on me I do better. I don't have time to think I just shoot.
    I would tend to agree. Probably another reason he did so well at Florida. He didn't have people picking over his mechanics and trying to change every little thing. He just went out and did his thing. I really think he would have had a better career if people had just laid off his mechanics and just let him play with his funky style so he wouldn't try to hard to play a style that he clearly was just not comfortable with. It was obvious during those late game heroics of his that he was just going out there and playing ball instead of overthinking things and trying to use new mechanics.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I would tend to agree. Probably another reason he did so well at Florida. He didn't have people picking over his mechanics and trying to change every little thing. He just went out and did his thing. I really think he would have had a better career if people had just laid off his mechanics and just let him play with his funky style so he wouldn't try to hard to play a style that he clearly was just not comfortable with. It was obvious during those late game heroics of his that he was just going out there and playing ball instead of overthinking things and trying to use new mechanics.
    Yeah. I would love to see some of those jump passes in the nfl

only one team was dumb enough to draft him though.
    oh well, at least they didnt draft a wide receiver with nerve damage in his hand... wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    only one team was dumb enough to draft him though.
    oh well, at least they didnt draft a wide receiver with nerve damage in his hand... wait...
    You're right, had we not picked Tebow he probably would have gone undrafted. #HotTakes

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I have a theory as to why maybe he could be so off during a routie throwing session and even early in games. Perhaps with so many people trying to fix his mechanics, he really tried to work on those for his practice throws, and it not being his normal throwing motion, many of those passes might have been off. Same for the beginning of games. But when it gets later in the game and we needed him to make some big plays, he reverts back to what he is used to and what is more comfortable for him. That could also explain why many said he was so horrible in practices but then came to life during games. Maybe early in games he was trying to force the supposedly "better" mechanics that weren't working for him. Then when it came down to crunch time, he just naturally did what he was more comfortable with and played way better.
    I have wondered this as well.

He was not inaccurate at Florida.

661 completions
    995 attempts
    66.4 pct (not great, not terrible)
    9,285 yards
    88 TD's
    16 Int's
    170.8 rating

I'm not a Tebow fan, but I do like the kid and wish him well.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

I guess that proves the drastic skill change from college to the pros Joe. That's the only explanation I can think of. Plus like someone mentioned already, I think they should have quit trying to mess with Tebows throwing motion and just let him play. It may have mentally got to him in games. In college he didn't have that in the back of his mind and was just let loose. They tried that with Big Ben and finally gave up and let him play.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

13. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Tim has more playoff wins than Bradford. True story.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    Don't do it, bruh. Don't do it.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    Bradford was forced to play in St. Louis. True story.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    I'm not saying he's had a good NFL career. I'm talking about success in life and in general. If you did what he did in the NFL would you feel at least a little successfull? We like to label and compare everyone, which is easy to do as a fan. We're all idiots and like to pretend we know what we're talking about. It can be fun when we find other idiots like ourselves. But if we were able to speak with someone who only spent time on the Broncos practice squad, we would talk to that person like he's a knowledgeable person who had a little success at something.
    I think any player who ever made it too the NFL would feel proud of what they accomplished at some level. So with the idea that Tebow made it too the NFL yes that can be seen as successful. As a person Tebow has been very successful no doubt about it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I have wondered this as well.

He was not inaccurate at Florida.

661 completions
    995 attempts
    66.4 pct (not great, not terrible)
    9,285 yards
    88 TD's
    16 Int's
    170.8 rating

I'm not a Tebow fan, but I do like the kid and wish him well.
    But his windows to throw passes is much easier at the collegiate level. That was my point earlier is that the type of players he played against were not full of NFL calibur players. A lot of the guys he completed passes against never even made it so the level competition just isnt the same.

21. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Bradford was forced to play in St. Louis. True story.
    Lmao

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information