Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Broncos Will Use Sanders in the Slot this Season.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Was he any good in college? Dont remember hearing his name much.
    he's pretty damn good in the CFL, he actually looks like Welker, he played with the Chargers in preseason in 2013 but they only used him in kick returning. That's not really hsi game. I know many don't put any stock in the CFL but it is a good stepping stone for kids out of college to still make it in the NFL. Cris Carter's kid looked really good too but the Colts picked him up. There's a kick returner for the Tiger Cats that was unbelievable last season as well, the kid is pure speed and shifty but he is very tiny.
    Last edited by weazel; 04-14-2015 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

2. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Greg Dulcich

This feels a lot like when they announced they would put Roby in at Safety on certain downs. Sure, maybe it'll be a little different, but I think the coaching staff just wants to put it's best players out there regardless of positions. I think Sanders will still see plenty of time on the outside and Roby will still be playing a lot of corner.

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. ---- Pope John Paul II

4. The Following User High Fived Bronco4ever For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco4ever View Post
    This feels a lot like when they announced they would put Roby in at Safety on certain downs. Sure, maybe it'll be a little different, but I think the coaching staff just wants to put it's best players out there regardless of positions. I think Sanders will still see plenty of time on the outside and Roby will still be playing a lot of corner.
    Yeah, I was actually going to mention Roby in my post. This is actually less of a story than the Roby situation (which seems to not be that big of a deal anyway) but similar in tone, where they want Sanders to be out there regardless and just move him around to fit in other personnel.

6. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

I figured he would play slot and slide out when we are in 2 TE sets. Or be outside on just two WR sets.
    Last edited by NightTerror218; 04-14-2015 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    You're doing it again North. You're putting words in people's mouths. No one has said Sanders would fail in the slot. In fact, the people who aren't crazy about the move have said he would probably do just fine in the slot, but would probably do better on the outside.
    north puts a lot more than words in people's mouths, trust me on that. I think the colonel will be fine anywhere on the field with those hands and that speed and the ability to hang onto the ball after getting jacked

9. The Following 5 Users High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AGap View Post
    north puts a lot more than words in people's mouths, trust me on that. I think the colonel will be fine anywhere on the field with those hands and that speed and the ability to hang onto the ball after getting jacked
    but that's the problem I have with him playing slot, getting jacked. He already gets jacked on the outside, inside he's going to lose his head and we will have another Welker on the roster. I'm not worried about his skillset, it's the threat of injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    but that's the problem I have with him playing slot, getting jacked. He already gets jacked on the outside, inside he's going to lose his head and we will have another Welker on the roster. I'm not worried about his skillset, it's the threat of injury.
    Depends i guess. In some ways i think working in the slot he will be able to get the ball quicker and then use his speed to outrun the defender. But... if Manning is late on the pass or Sanders hasnt been able to shake the defender enough than he might take some lumps. Either way, he's going to get hit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

people also need to remember that we no longer have a receiving TE of JT's caliber to flex out to the slot. . . as much as manning throws to his slot guys, there's a huge need to have somebody productive there. . . sanders is clearly the best fit, so he'll play there most of the time when we're three-wide. . . that's football. . . he'll still be outside when we're in two-WR sets, which will be more often in a kubes offense. . . he's a versatile guy, and we're going to take advantage of it to keep him on the field. . .

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Sanders will slay it in the slot when the Broncos go 3+ wide, which won't be that often. He will still be on the outside 50+ % of the time. Most of us figured he would move inside more often when Welker was done anyway......off season threads soooooo much drama.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Just because i thought the picture was cool.

16. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information