View Poll Results: What Was The Broncos' Best Draft Year?

Voters
11. This poll is closed

0 0%

0 0%

1 9.09%

5 45.45%

1 9.09%

0 0%

3 27.27%

1 9.09%

0 0%
  • other

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What Was The Broncos' Best Draft Year?

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Because their contributions are somewhat undefined at the moment. Green is just now getting some playing time (maybe), Franklin and Moore were apparently not good enough to keep around. I've totally lost track of Carter. Pretty clear who the headliners of that draft turned out to be.
    That's not accurate. Franklin got PAID. That's not really "good enough to keep around".

OTOH Moore might have been the costliest pick in Broncos history. Without him Manning probably has a second ring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    OTOH Moore might have been the costliest pick in Broncos history. Without him Manning probably has a second ring.
    Peyton might also have a second ring if he doesn't shit the bed in OT of that game.

4. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

The sting of that Ravens game still hurts. But in many ways that SuperBowl blowout just sucked so bad I wish we never went.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Yes, he was injured early in his career. That doesn't mean he was on his way to being a bust. Once he got healthy, he was a beast. That has absolutely nothing to do with who our coaching staff was at any of those times.
    New regime and Peyton Manning, I bet he'd tell you the same thing.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Remember that time DT caught that pass from Tebow to win our first playoff game in years?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Remember that time DT caught that pass from Tebow to win our first playoff game in years?
    Yep, that was the day before I took the needle out of the neck of my Peyton Manning voodoo doll.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Yeah. Great play.

Surely by this logic you also think Tebow was awesome as he made that throw and threw for 300 yrs that day.

Until Manning arrived, I actually thought Decker was the better receiver. And I only thought he was above average.

I am with am with Jaded on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Yeah. Great play.

Surely by this logic you also think Tebow was awesome as he made that throw and threw for 300 yrs that day.

Until Manning arrived, I actually thought Decker was the better receiver. And I only thought he was above average.

I am with am with Jaded on this one.
    So let's throw out all players who played with John Elway. They would have been busts without a quarterback like him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

So let's throw out all players who played with John Elway. They would have been busts without a quarterback like him.
    Good quarter backs make his receivers better.

DT spent his first year injured, his second learning routes slowly and catching balls from Tebow - until late in that year, I did not see him making the leap to elite receiver.

I don't even see how that is controversial

Good quarter backs make his receivers better.

DT spent his first year injured, his second learning routes slowly and catching balls from Tebow - until late in that year, I did not see him making the leap to elite receiver.

I don't even see how that is controversial
    Because it's being implied that DT is nothing without Manning, I guess. Or I'm just reading it wrong.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Because it's being implied that DT is nothing without Manning, I guess. Or I'm just reading it wrong.
    I think it is being implied that before Manning we never knew how good DT was and his rapid elevation to top 5 wide out is largely because of the QB.

The part i was agreeing with was that in the Tebow year - i could not have foreseen DT's progress, i felt he was all speed and power with no real route running ability or football IQ. At that time - he could easily have become an average WR.

Manning however showcased his talents - and DT worked hard at improving his game.

Also it was a good excuse to have another dig at McDoosh.

I think it is being implied that before Manning we never knew how good DT was and his rapid elevation to top 5 wide out is largely because of the QB.

The part i was agreeing with was that in the Tebow year - i could not have foreseen DT's progress, i felt he was all speed and power with no real route running ability or football IQ. At that time - he could easily have become an average WR.

Manning however showcased his talents - and DT worked hard at improving his game.

Also it was a good excuse to have another dig at McDoosh.
    I think it's probably an excuse for fans that don't want to admit they don't know what they're talking about when grading out players.

Part of what manning was able to do is keep DT from getting hurt. I guess that was pretty good.

Mostly, I think fans can give players a real chance before trying to judge them.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

As far as the O players that Dan Reeves brought in to play with Elway, this is pretty much a true statement.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I think it's probably an excuse for fans that don't want to admit they don't know what they're talking about when grading out players.

Part of what manning was able to do is keep DT from getting hurt. I guess that was pretty good.

Mostly, I think fans can give players a real chance before trying to judge them.
    Strange.

In successive days I have disagreed with you and MO.

Two people I usually agree with on almost everything.

No idea why you two were both wrong at the same time !!!!

17. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

when in doubt and the option is given, always pick '83

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information