Thread: Ray Harryhausen Appreciation Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Default Ray Harryhausen Appreciation Thread

Totally miss the purity of stop animation from this guy. Ray was responsible for a lot of my favorite movies growing up like Beast from 20,000 Fathoms, Jason and the Argonauts, The 7th Voyage of Sinbad, The Golden Voyage of SInbad, Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger, and the original Clash of the Titans. Also inspired future works for directors like Steven Spielberg, Peter Jackson, and Del Toro. Anyone else a fan of this guy's work?

Last edited by Northman; 04-02-2015 at 01:53 PM.

2. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

what happened to him? did he choke on a pepper?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

North, change your avatar. For some reason, that chick freaks me out. Too fake or something.

Otherwise, I don't know who Ray Harryhausen is.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post

Otherwise, I don't know who Ray Harryhausen is.
    Ray is the guy who basically set the table for stop animation in films. As i pointed out in my original post he did all of the creature effects (although shared some duties on Clash of the Titans because the project was so big) on a lot of the earlier monster movies. If you have Netflix check out Ray Harryhausen: Special Effects Titan. Its pretty interesting and impressive what he did because a lot of the current directors lean more on CGI these days.

7. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Ray is the guy who basically set the table for stop animation in films. As i pointed out in my original post he did all of the creature effects (although shared some duties on Clash of the Titans because the project was so big) on a lot of the earlier monster movies. If you have Netflix check out Ray Harryhausen: Special Effects Titan. Its pretty interesting and impressive what he did because a lot of the current directors lean more on CGI these days.
    Animators still pay homage to him. The whole Arena Battle in Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones had many nods to that style of animation which I just loved:

9. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information