Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Winston: Bucs should pick me No. 1

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

If I meet some one who is accused of theft, sexual assault and general douche baggery - my natural assumption is - what a tool.

The onus is on Winston to prove he has turned it around or that he has been misrepresented in college by the media.

Whilst I wish him well - I think his ego will sabotage himself - because he is a douche. Of the highest order. IMO

It would be nice to be wrong, but with the information I have, my assessment of him is not favorable.

Perhaps it's even a bit of envy insomuch that I do not want to see a fuctard be idolized by thousands, paid millions and create the perception amongst the youth that if you are good enough at sports you can do anything and it is ok.

2. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post

how many times did you get accused of rape?

stealing crablegs is a "dumb" thing. . . raping a chick is a heinous ****ing crime, not some youthful indiscretion. . .
    Eloquent. I like it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

how many times did you get accused of rape?

stealing crablegs is a "dumb" thing. . . raping a chick is a heinous ****ing crime, not some youthful indiscretion. . .
    Right, accused. Don't remember a conviction. Or even a trial, actually.

Look, I'm not saying the guy is a boyscout. But I just don't get the widespread view of people wanting him to flop. Same with Manziel. Were they both dbags in college? Yeah. Would it be a great story of they both matured and turned into really good QBs? Absolutely.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Im just not sure what makes Winston an exception to anyone else coming into the draft. I mean, do you feel this way about all players or just those guys? This seems like the first time ive seen you go to bat for a player but for me its really just a case by case deal for me. Some players i want to see succeed, some players i think are extremely overrated and terrible people and want to see plummet. I dont think Winston is really a guy that will make or break the NFL if he fails. I would much rather see Mariota succeed than Winston personally.

7. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I've gone to bat for plenty of guys, Mike Vick after his dogfighting scandal for example. Or Donte Stallworth after he killed that pedestrian. I guess I am just a fan of redemption or comeback stories. I don't really take much joy in seeing people's lives fall apart or in seeing a promising career ruined.

I get that you don't like the guy, but it just seems petty to hope he fails and to take joy in it if he does. If the NFL were a league full of boy scouts with no issues in their past, football would be way less entertaining because there would be way less talent.

9. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Well, im pretty sure Winston doesnt care what some random guy thinks on a messageboard. I hope he fails, and i will enjoy every bit of it if he does. There are plenty of players who want to play in the NFL and i think deserve it more than him. JMO

11. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

If i had to choose between Winston and Tebow on who i would like to see succeed it would be Tebow easily. Even though i seriously doubt Tim will ever be a NFL QB he's just a much better person to root for.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I've gone to bat for plenty of guys, Mike Vick after his dogfighting scandal for example. Or Donte Stallworth after he killed that pedestrian.
    has your aaron hernandez jersey arrived yet?

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

has your aaron hernandez jersey arrived yet?
    No, I'm actually getting a tattoo of him!
    Last edited by BroncoWave; 04-12-2015 at 03:51 PM.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information