Thread: Mel Kiper Jr. breaks down Broncos' draft objectives

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Mel Kiper Jr. breaks down Broncos' draft objectives

With the initial waves of free agency behind us, ESPN NFL Draft analyst Mel Kiper Jr. said he expects the Broncos' draft strategy for their first picks to be unchanged.

"I think when you look at what they need right now, and I think it’s still the same thing going in," Kiper said on Thursday in a conference call with NFL media. "You think about the offensive line, you think about an inside linebacker, another receiving entity, so I would say offensive line or linebacker at that particular point for the Broncos would make a lot of sense."

Noting the additions of tight end Owen Daniels, defensive lineman Vance Walker, safety Darian Stewart and guard Shelley Smith, Kiper said the number one priority for Denver looks to be offensive line for their first-round pick at 28th overall.

In his latest mock draft, dated March 5, Kiper projected the Broncos to pick Florida State offensive lineman Cameron Erving, but he thought a few other prospects could fit the Broncos' roster with their first-round pick.
    rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...7-6a58468a9739

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Netane Muti

The major problem with the predictions by NFL pundits is that they are all based on perception of a teams' "need". Admittedly, some of these guys are close while others aren't. You never hear Kiper or Mayock or Jeremiah mock a player to a team because he was the Best Player Available (BPA) for that team. At least I've never heard "I mocked X player to the Broncos because he was the BPA remaining on my draft board at #28". No doubt the actual team scouting staff will see player value a bit differently on there big board.

3. The Following User High Fived LTC Pain For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information