Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Teams face 'severe' penalties

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

The Browns' GM coaching the coaches. I guess King will be happy to know that his most hated rival is in for a few more years of futility. Isn't that punishment enough for the Browns?
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Wow. Such SEVERE penalties! The most severe penalty is to be stuck another year in Cleveland - that's his penalty. Want to punish him harder? Make him work two years in Cleveland.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

3. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I don't get the texting offense. They use headsets, iPads, etc. Why is texting disallowed?

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I don't get the texting offense. They use headsets, iPads, etc. Why is texting disallowed?
    Not from ownership, or others outside the coaching staff.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Not from ownership, or others outside the coaching staff.
    I see Elway on the sidelines all the time. Is he not allowed to talk with coaches? Do you think Jerry Jones doesn't interact with the coaches? How do they police any interaction during Half Time that's verbal?

It just seems kind of silly, IMO.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I see Elway on the sidelines all the time. Is he not allowed to talk with coaches? Do you think Jerry Jones doesn't interact with the coaches? How do they police any interaction during Half Time that's verbal?

Verbal contact is allowed. Electronic communication is not. I kind of have your opinion about it, though. Who cares? If the owner wants to try to intervene and be a dumbass let him be a dumbass.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Verbal contact is allowed. Electronic communication is not. I kind of have your opinion about it, though. Who cares? If the owner wants to try to intervene and be a dumbass let him be a dumbass.
    It honestly doesn't make any sense to me. At all.

It honestly doesn't make any sense to me. At all.
    As Ravage!!! would say.......

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!!
    Duh uh, a rule is a rule.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

If I'm not mistaken, this rule was put into effect because they had problems with players being on social media during the game. Some people make themselves look really bad on social media, include showing extremely poor sportsmanship during a game. This ranges from making heat of the moment rants if a call goes against them, to taunting when their winning.

The image conscious NFL doesn't want that, so the put a social media ban on everyone associated with the teams. Because pretty much every personal electronic device has allows you to access social media, the only way to enforce the rule is to not allow any such devices on the person. The fact he was texting in this instance isn’t the point; the fact that you can’t tell if he’s texting, emailing, Tweeting, Facebooking, etc. from a distance is.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Imagine the owner or whoever is listening/watching game broadcast and something mentioned/shown there gives them a competitive advantage. A replay of a blocking scheme or something along those lines.

If the coaches themselves see it, that's fair.

If John Gruden is breaking down what the QB's audible call means, that's something else.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Speaking of NFL owners, this was Bud Adams' form of "social media".

Name:  bud_adams_youtube.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  7.2 KB
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

14. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Speaking of NFL owners, this was Bud Adams' form of "social media".

Name:  bud_adams_youtube.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  7.2 KB
    Didn't he do this from the field once as well?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, this rule was put into effect because they had problems with players being on social media during the game. Some people make themselves look really bad on social media, include showing extremely poor sportsmanship during a game. This ranges from making heat of the moment rants if a call goes against them, to taunting when their winning.

The image conscious NFL doesn't want that, so the put a social media ban on everyone associated with the teams. Because pretty much every personal electronic device has allows you to access social media, the only way to enforce the rule is to not allow any such devices on the person. The fact he was texting in this instance isn’t the point; the fact that you can’t tell if he’s texting, emailing, Tweeting, Facebooking, etc. from a distance is.
    Makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Imagine the owner or whoever is listening/watching game broadcast and something mentioned/shown there gives them a competitive advantage. A replay of a blocking scheme or something along those lines.

If the coaches themselves see it, that's fair.

If John Gruden is breaking down what the QB's audible call means, that's something else.
    So, you don't think the coaches up in the box have TV or radio? They're allowed to communicate with the coaches/players on the sidelines via phone.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information