Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New rule response to Pats formation

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    Then you admit I am right.

I accept your apology.
    If I didn't know you, you could really piss me off.

2. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

WTE

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    And none of it deals with eligible or ineligible players and quicksnaps. We know you're trolling, so I'm wasting words, but you're conflating issues. Bad WTE!
    No it doesn't deal with eligible or ineligible players, but don't imply the Pats quick snapped the ball and didn't give the Ravens or the Colts time to adjust and line up with the ineligible players. The officials made the announcement, the officials specifically told the defensive player(s) that so and so was an ineligible receiver and to not cover him and then 8-10 seconds elapsed after the announcement before the ball was snapped. Not sure the officials could have held the Ravens' or the Colts' defenders hands much more, let alone instruct and coach them as to whom to cover and not cover.
    Too bad she doesn't cheer for the Patriots dressed like this

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived MNPatsFan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by MNPatsFan View Post
    No it doesn't deal with eligible or ineligible players, but don't imply the Pats quick snapped the ball and didn't give the Ravens or the Colts time to adjust and line up with the ineligible players. The officials made the announcement, the officials specifically told the defensive player(s) that so and so was an ineligible receiver and to not cover him and then 8-10 seconds elapsed after the announcement before the ball was snapped. Not sure the officials could have held the Ravens' or the Colts' defenders hands much more, let alone instruct and coach them as to whom to cover and not cover.
    The refs screwed up and did not inform the ravens adequately or quick enough or something and a raven defender lined up on the ineligible receiver. If I recall the pat player informed after the huddle that he was ineligible.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

And the league thought it was gaming the rules so they made it illegal.

Defend it all you want the league saw it as bullshit, which it was, and outlawed it.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Oh please, give me a break. Eight to ten seconds to translate something underhanded -I'm not going to hold any Patriots' fans hands and call it anything otherwise- like that in the playoffs should tell you something. There's a reason why those guys were still being covered, and it's not because the Ravens are a poorly coached team, MN.

It's pretty sad that Patriots fans feel the need to defend every single shitty thing their team does. The Patriots did it for a tactical advantage. Gee, I wonder what advantage it was that they were getting? Goodness gracious, I've met Senators less ideological.

9. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Hats off to Billy belicheat.

He found a loop hool, exploited it and won.
    That's why he is the best at what he does.

The league now recognise that there was a gap in the rules and changed it to promote fairness.

I have no problem with what they did, or how the league have now responded.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    And the league thought it was gaming the rules so they made it illegal.

Defend it all you want the league saw it as bullshit, which it was, and outlawed it.
    Do you think it's bullshit to the same degree as Denver's penchant for injuring defensive players with their infamous chop block? (See Campbell, Calais vs. Clady, Ryan & Thomas, Julius)

Or Peyton's penchant for injuring defensive players with his infamous WR pick plays? (See Talib, Aqib vs. Welker, Wesley

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Do you think it's bullshit to the same degree as Denver's penchant for injuring defensive players with their infamous chop block? (See Campbell, Calais vs. Clady, Ryan & Thomas, Julius)

Or Peyton's penchant for injuring defensive players with his infamous WR pick plays? (See Talib, Aqib vs. Welker, Wesley
    You are better than that.

14. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Lol.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

16. The Following 4 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Oh please, give me a break. Eight to ten seconds to translate something underhanded -I'm not going to hold any Patriots' fans hands and call it anything otherwise- like that in the playoffs should tell you something. There's a reason why those guys were still being covered, and it's not because the Ravens are a poorly coached team, MN.
    Regardless of whether the Ravens are a poorly coached team or just f*cked up, 8-10 seconds is plenty of time to translate something when Vinovich announced that Shane Vereen declared himself as ineligible and then said, "Do not cover No. 34."It doesn't matter when the Patriots ran those plays, either regular season or playoffs, if an NFL player can't translate and understand the referee expressly telling him "DO NOT COVER THIS PLAYER" then the player's intelligence and/or comprehension obviously are severely lacking. I also find it very interesting that you ignore the fact the the Lions ran identical plays during the regular season, but those play aren't or weren't some how underhanded.

It's pretty sad that Patriots fans feel the need to defend every single shitty thing their team does. The Patriots did it for a tactical advantage. Gee, I wonder what advantage it was that they were getting? Goodness gracious, I've met Senators less ideological.
    King, you're better than this. You know that I don't defend every single shitty thing the Patriots do. Of course they did it for a tactical reason. The Seahawks ran a fake punt that produced a touchdown for tactical reasons. Every NFL team is running plays for tactical reasons. If they're not, then the coaches don't last in the NFL and they get fired. You may have met Senators who are less ideological than me, but I have definitely met 5-8 year-old kids who are less naive than you and your statement "The Patriots did it for a tactical advantage."

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

And then the NFL banned it.

Regardless of whether the Ravens are a poorly coached team or just f*cked up, 8-10 seconds is plenty of time to translate something when Vinovich announced that Shane Vereen declared himself as ineligible and then said, "Do not cover No. 34."It doesn't matter when the Patriots ran those plays, either regular season or playoffs, if an NFL player can't translate and understand the referee expressly telling him "DO NOT COVER THIS PLAYER" then the player's intelligence and/or comprehension obviously are severely lacking. I also find it very interesting that you ignore the fact the the Lions ran identical plays during the regular season, but those play aren't or weren't some how underhanded.

King, you're better than this. You know that I don't defend every single shitty thing the Patriots do. Of course they did it for a tactical reason. The Seahawks ran a fake punt that produced a touchdown for tactical reasons. Every NFL team is running plays for tactical reasons. If they're not, then the coaches don't last in the NFL and they get fired. You may have met Senators who are less ideological than me, but I have definitely met 5-8 year-old kids who are less naive than you and your statement "The Patriots did it for a tactical advantage."
    MN, you can't run up on me with the 'you're better than this' when you're hitting me with the 'but this play is also a tactical advantage'. Wanna tell me why we haven't banned fake punts? Come on man, that's not the same thing and you know it. I know you know it. You know you know it. I know that you know that I know that you know that you know it.

The Lions doing it...is underhanded. **** them.

Again, the Ravens are one of the best coached teams, with a lots of smart veterans on that team. Being able to hit them with the okie-doke like that...yeah...come on. Just ******* come on.

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    And then the NFL banned it.
    Yes they did because that easily satisfied the whiny and bitchy Ravens and Colts and is window dressing that the owners and the NFL are accomplishing things. In reality, however, the NFL and the owners are avoiding or refusing to approve and take the necessary actions improve the quality of the game and the officiating such as approving the installation of cameras along the sidelines, end lines and on the goal lines.

Yes they did because that easily satisfied the whiny and bitchy Ravens and Colts and is window dressing that the owners and the NFL are accomplishing things. In reality, however, the NFL and the owners are avoiding or refusing to approve and take the necessary actions improve the quality of the game and the officiating such as approving the installation of cameras along the sidelines, end lines and on the goal lines.
    Senator MN, your time has expired.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Lol.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information