Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gary Kubiak offers clean slate, big challenge to Broncos' linemen

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Gary Kubiak offers clean slate, big challenge to Broncos' linemen

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- With the official opening of the Denver Broncos’ offseason program still three weeks away, coach Gary Kubiak can’t say how the team’s offensive line will look, but he can guarantee one thing awaits all those involved.

And that’s a clean slate.

Kubiak said Tuesday at the NFL owners meetings in Phoenix that strengthening the team’s offensive front is still a priority and the returning players from last year’s group will get a fresh start.

Asked Tuesday where things stood in the offensive line at the moment, Kubiak quickly said Ryan Clady is the team’s left tackle, Louis Vasquez is, as expected, going back to right guard where he was a first-team All-Pro in 2013 and that Manny Ramirez could be in the competition at center.
    rest - http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/12554/gary-kubiak-offers-clean-slate-big-challenge-to-broncos-linemen?src=mobile&rand=ref~{%22ref%22%3A%22http%3 A%2F%2Ft.co%2FTiUXDYl156%22}

not sure why link will not post right - this is under Legwold's twitter

Jeff Legwold @Jeff_Legwold · 2h 2 hours ago

From this A.M.: #Broncos coach Gary Kubiak gives OL a clean slate, big challenges -- http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/b...enver-broncos&
    Last edited by Denver Native (Carol); 03-25-2015 at 10:30 AM.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Continued fan meltdown in 3...2...1....

4. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Continued fan meltdown in 3...2...1....
    I don't mind ManRam
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

I still wouldn't mind Gibbs coming in to help install the ZBS scheme for the offensive line.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Manram...****.

In early November, as their struggles up front continued to grow, the Broncos moved Vasquez from right guard to right tackle, moved Ramirez from center to right guard, and moved Will Montgomery from a backup role to center. The lineup stayed that way for the remainder of the season, but at times the Broncos simply could not repair their issues in pass protection, particularly in the middle of the formation.

The Broncos also saw their running backs being hit at or behind the line of scrimmage on a third of their carries, and Kubiak said the Broncos will have an eye on the position in the draft and free agency, including Montgomery.

“Obviously we have to get better up front,’’ Kubiak said. “ … But we think a lot of the young guys, we really do.’’
    That's about as honest a portrayal of the total cluster-bomb that was the Broncos OL situation in 2014 as I've seen. The OL has sucked monkey balls for the past 2 seasons and that was the main reason the post-season ended in bitter failure both times.

The desperate need for this team was to go out and get some STUDS for the OL who would give Peyton a chance to have some time to throw. Instead we have "we believe in the rookies" like Schofield and Paradis. Well, tell me when was the last time a team won the SB with a bunch of rookies and guys who have never started a game, on their OL? What's that? Never?

Meanwhile the Colts, who ended the season better than the Broncos have signed seemingly every FA under the sun. The Seahawks who came within 1 yard of winning the SB, and were significantly better than the Broncos in 2014, just re-signed everybody of importance on their team and added Super-Star TE Jimmy Graham, who will present matchup nightmares for any team that faces them this year . . . which will not include the Broncos.

Meanwhile the Broncos took several steps backward, losing key starters from a year ago including TE Julius Thomas, NT Pot-Roast, LB Nate Irving, S Rahim Moore, and OG Orlando Franklin. While JT wanted too much money, and Moore got a raise he probably wasn't worth, you can't say the same about Pot-Roast or Nate Irving, either or both of whom could have been had for not very much money.

Yes, there is still the draft, but no rookie is going to make a significant impact his first year - and his first year is all Peyton has left. Color me not at all impressed with the Broncos off-season. Would any of you honestly bet $1 on the chances of this this team winning at Indy or New England in the playoffs next season?
    Last edited by Cugel; 03-25-2015 at 07:03 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

You're right. No rookies will make a significant impact. Von Miller was terrible as a rookie. So was Bradley Roby. So was Derek Wolfe. Zero impact.

10. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

This is great news, according to popular opinion you don't have to be any good to play in a ZBS.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    That's about as honest a portrayal of the total cluster-bomb that was the Broncos OL situation in 2014 as I've seen. The OL has sucked monkey balls for the past 2 seasons and that was the main reason the post-season ended in bitter failure both times.

The desperate need for this team was to go out and get some STUDS for the OL who would give Peyton a chance to have some time to throw. Instead we have "we believe in the rookies" like Schofield and Paradis. Well, tell me when was the last time a team won the SB with a bunch of rookies and guys who have never started a game, on their OL? What's that? Never?

Meanwhile the Colts, who ended the season better than the Broncos have signed seemingly every FA under the sun. The Seahawks who came within 1 yard of winning the SB, and were significantly better than the Broncos in 2014, just re-signed everybody of importance on their team and added Super-Star TE Jimmy Graham, who will present matchup nightmares for any team that faces them this year . . . which will not include the Broncos.

Meanwhile the Broncos took several steps backward, losing key starters from a year ago including TE Julius Thomas, NT Pot-Roast, LB Nate Irving, S Rahim Moore, and OG Orlando Franklin. While JT wanted too much money, and Moore got a raise he probably wasn't worth, you can't say the same about Pot-Roast or Nate Irving, either or both of whom could have been had for not very much money.

Yes, there is still the draft, but no rookie is going to make a significant impact his first year - and his first year is all Peyton has left. Color me not at all impressed with the Broncos off-season. Would any of you honestly bet $1 on the chances of this this team winning at Indy or New England in the playoffs next season?
    Didn't the Seahawks and Pats each have a rookie starting on the O lines in the super bowl?

13. The Following User High Fived Fire Bronc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Not sure why you say that. Ryan Clady gave up less than half a sack his entire rookie season and was named the third best Tackle in the league making second team ALL PRO. He only had three penalties the whole season. Beginning of the 2009 season, he was named the best tackle in football.

Look at Dallas Oline.....the Eagles Oline....if you check the rookie linemen each year that make an impact, there are many in the league.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Bronc View Post
    Didn't the Seahawks and Pats each have a rookie starting on the O lines in the super bowl?
    Can't be. Rookies don't make an impact.

16. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

You don't know if a rookie can an impact or not Cugel. Miller and Roby have already been mentioned and as far offensive line Clady was starter from day one. Yes it was years ago but the fact rookie can often do make an impact.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    You don't know if a rookie can an impact or not Cugel. Miller and Roby have already been mentioned and as far offensive line Clady was starter from day one. Yes it was years ago but the fact rookie can often do make an impact.
    No one knows more than Cugel, just ask him. lmao

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

“Obviously our left tackle [Clady], Manny Ramirez and … Vasquez -- those guys have been pretty much staples of what’s going on,’’ Kubiak said to the media at the AFC coaches’ breakfast. “ … I would say those three guys have been anchors in what they’ve been doing and then from there we’re going to have to have a very competitive situation.’’
    Maybe he only watched film from 2013? God, Ramirez ... he should have been cut weeks ago, and now he's a "staple" of the o-line?

We need manram to run C for 1st,2nd, or 3rd team in TC....If not we will have to draft several of them. We need 15 lineman to run all 3 teams in TC....Right now we have 10 and are waiting on the likes of Wisnewski and myers.....We will probably sign one more vet and drat a few as well as UDfas.

That is the reason why clark and manram are still here. If they make it out of camp is an entirely different scenario- one that is very unlikely...Well for Manram imo anyway. I bet Clark makes it. He seems more agile and fleet of foot to be a backup in Zone.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

23. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information