Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Ever Serve on a Jury?

Quote Originally Posted by tubby View Post
    Yes. Murder trial in 2006. It was interesting for about the first 2 days. Guilty fuker. Life in prison. 3 weeks of my life down the drain.
    3 weeks dang

What do they feed you guys when you're on a jury? Is it any good?

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    they just gave us a lunch break, we were on our own but we couldn't eat or talk with the family members

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

The only time we got lunch paid for was during deliberations. Both days I got a Turkey Bacon Wrap that was freaking huge and it was delicious. It came with chips, drink and cookie. Nothing crazy, but it was good. Since it was Federal Level I got paid a whopping $40/day plus travel and parking but my job paid me my regular salary so it was all extra money I suppose.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    The only time we got lunch paid for was during deliberations. Both days I got a Turkey Bacon Wrap that was freaking huge and it was delicious. It came with chips, drink and cookie. Nothing crazy, but it was good. Since it was Federal Level I got paid a whopping $40/day plus travel and parking but my job paid me my regular salary so it was all extra money I suppose.
    I think I got $25 a day and work paid me the whole 3 weeks. So it was kind of like a part time job. Come to think of it, I was swimming in currency.

Quote Originally Posted by AGap View Post
    3 weeks dang
    It sucked so bad. They have to be so prim and proper about everything, always taking such a roundabout way to get to the damn point. Frustrating.

Some of the fellow jurors where real doozies.

8. The Following User High Fived tubby For This Post:

they just gave us a lunch break, we were on our own but we couldn't eat or talk with the family members
    With all due respect Gappy, I wanted to know what the real jurors were fed, not the fake alternate jurors.

Thanks anyway though.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived WTE For This Post:

They gave us a lunch break but we weren't allowed to talk to anyone about the case. We kept having to leave the court so we couldn't hear certain things. In the juror room or whatever there were cans of soda and mini bags of chips. Classy place
    Free Hotcarl!

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Parking is a terror in downtown Austin so some folks on my jury would pack a lunch while others hoofed it to nearby restaurants. We were on our honor not to discuss the case (and you can be prosecuted if you are accused of speaking about the case so nobody does). Being sequestered in the jury room for an hour or so with no tv, radio or newspapers among 11 other people whom you have only one thing in common with and it is the one thing you are not allowed to talk to them about can be highly frustrating. You're best advised to bring puzzles or a good novel.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Parking is a terror in downtown Austin so some folks on my jury would pack a lunch while others hoofed it to nearby restaurants. We were on our honor not to discuss the case (and you can be prosecuted if you are accused of speaking about the case so nobody does). Being sequestered in the jury room for an hour or so with no tv, radio or newspapers among 11 other people whom you have only one thing in common with and it is the one thing you are not allowed to talk to them about can be highly frustrating. You're best advised to bring puzzles or a good novel.
    It was 8 of us for this trial. One guy I made friends with was a Boston native so we talked football constantly. He's lived in Denver the last 20+ years and he was a weird hybrid Pats/Broncos fan. He just kept saying he remembers how much they sucked when he was growing up and he was more into the Broncos when the Pats started their run in the early 2000's but he was torn. Like he didn't really get into Football until he was in his 20's living here.

Of course I told him he was a bandwagon jumping *****.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I would love to serve on a jury and have long been fascinated with the legal process. I have never once received a summons - I assume it's because I've moved so frequently in recent years. I don't understand why everyone tries to get out of jury duty so badly.

Shake - why did you end up switching sides? Do you feel good about your decision?

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

My dad is on jury's all the time back home. I think he is 1 of 20 registered voters in the county.

With all due respect Gappy, I wanted to know what the real jurors were fed, not the fake alternate jurors.

Thanks anyway though.
    Well I think that's a little snotty but whatever gets your rocks off

Well I think that's a little snotty but whatever gets your rocks off
    Perhaps I was a little snotty. Allow me to rephrase.......

I appreciate everything you alternate jurors do with your alternative lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    My dad is on jury's all the time back home. I think he is 1 of 20 registered voters in the county.
    I've never registered to vote, so I feel that myth is untrue
    Free Hotcarl!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information