Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos to get four compensatory picks

Default Broncos to get four compensatory picks

We're getting a 4th, a 6th and two 7th rounders. Not much of a surprise at this point, though I think some projections had us getting another 6th instead of a 7th. Considering how few comp picks we had, and the quality FA we picked up last year, it's still pretty cool

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 10m10 minutes ago

With compensatory picks, the @Broncos' 2015 Draft haul now includes 10 selections: 1 each in Rounds 1, 2, 3 & 4; 2 each in Rounds 5, 6 & 7.

Patrick Smyth ‏@psmyth12 10m10 minutes ago

Broncos' four compensatory picks in 2015 NFL Draft: Rd 4-133, Rd 6-208, Rd 7-250, Rd 7-251.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Chiefs, Seahawks, Broncos lead 2015 compensatory draft picks

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

We haven't had that many comp picks in a long time. Anything is better than nothing...

Dont get how the Pats always seem to get 3rd rounders every damn year though!
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    We haven't had that many comp picks in a long time. Anything is better than nothing...

Dont get how the Pats always seem to get 3rd rounders every damn year though!
    They know how to play the system, like the Ravens. This year they got the 3rd rounder for Talib

7. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Sweet that they got a 4th rounder, that's right in Denver's wheelhouse.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

9. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

this should help a lot. . . this year's team is full of holes and has no depth at all. . . gonna need those picks to replentish our talent pool. . . still gotta hit on them, of course, but having more chances helps there too. . .

11. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    this should help a lot. . . this year's team is full of holes and has no depth at all. . . gonna need those picks to replentish our talent pool. . . still gotta hit on them, of course, but having more chances helps there too. . .
    Or use to trade up in early rounds

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

I must be looking at a completely different roster then you. Aside from the offensive line, I don't see any holes at all with our offensive or defensive starters, and I have faith in Elway and Kubes to take care of the O line issues. I am guessing there are probably 29 or 30 other teams in the league who would swap rosters with Denver in a heart beat. You can't have pro bowlers playing at every position.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Fire Bronc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Bronc View Post
    I must be looking at a completely different roster then you. Aside from the offensive line, I don't see any holes at all with our offensive or defensive starters, and I have faith in Elway and Kubes to take care of the O line issues. I am guessing there are probably 29 or 30 other teams in the league who would swap rosters with Denver in a heart beat. You can't have pro bowlers playing at every position.
    no way. . . just based on QB situation alone, that sounds far off. . . you really think a team with any decent QB would trade him for osweiler w/ a year of gramps manning just to get our corners in the deal?

we're going to use a fullback, and right now the only one we have on the roster is a possible position switch UDFA who's never played pro ball. . . we have a solid pair of TEs, but only two of 'em on the roster ATM. . . we start three wide receivers, and we only have two with NFL experience. . . our effective starting third WR is a redshirt freshman. . .the guys behind him are basically camp bodies as of right now-- not saying somebody like norwood can't work out, but you can't count on it. . . should we count the holes on the O-line? yea, nobody got time for that. . . but hey, we are good at RB, though. . .

if you count the end from KC against unrein, we're still down a nosetackle (really good one, too). . . we also lost nate irving, and haven't really replaced him (walker is a career backup/ special teams guy). . . and while i won't miss rahim, stewart looks like a wash at best. . . and we lost Q carter as well. . . we still don't have a third pass rusher who can effectively spell ware, let alone pick up any slack if he or von miss time. . .

really, i don't see where we DO have any legit depth besides RB and corner. . . maaaybe still the DL, IF everybody switches to the 34 effectively, sly steps up, and everyone stays healthy. . .

doesn't mean we won't still win the division, and no one's saying this team sucks by any means-- i personally think you're kidding yourself if you think we have good depth or few holes, but JMO. . . i can certainly count the times i've been right about the broncos much easier than the times i've been wrong. . .

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Maybe we can parlay a 5 and 6 into another 4th....or something along those lines. Amy more the 7th round picks haven't got much of a better chance to make the final roster than UDFA.

We can't trade any of these picks.

I could see us trade some of our original picks however because of these extra picks.

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

no way. . . just based on QB situation alone, that sounds far off. . . you really think a team with any decent QB would trade him for osweiler w/ a year of gramps manning just to get our corners in the deal?

we're going to use a fullback, and right now the only one we have on the roster is a possible position switch UDFA who's never played pro ball. . . we have a solid pair of TEs, but only two of 'em on the roster ATM. . . we start three wide receivers, and we only have two with NFL experience. . . our effective starting third WR is a redshirt freshman. . .the guys behind him are basically camp bodies as of right now-- not saying somebody like norwood can't work out, but you can't count on it. . . should we count the holes on the O-line? yea, nobody got time for that. . . but hey, we are good at RB, though. . .

if you count the end from KC against unrein, we're still down a nosetackle (really good one, too). . . we also lost nate irving, and haven't really replaced him (walker is a career backup/ special teams guy). . . and while i won't miss rahim, stewart looks like a wash at best. . . and we lost Q carter as well. . . we still don't have a third pass rusher who can effectively spell ware, let alone pick up any slack if he or von miss time. . .

really, i don't see where we DO have any legit depth besides RB and corner. . . maaaybe still the DL, IF everybody switches to the 34 effectively, sly steps up, and everyone stays healthy. . .

doesn't mean we won't still win the division, and no one's saying this team sucks by any means-- i personally think you're kidding yourself if you think we have good depth or few holes, but JMO. . . i can certainly count the times i've been right about the broncos much easier than the times i've been wrong. . .
    How many true fullbacks come out of college these days? They all end up as a position switch player. We do have a solid pair of tight ends, how many teams in this league are three deep in solid tight ends? At receiver, DT and Sanders are studs. Latimer is still unproven, but he is a physical freak with tremendous upside and great hands. Of course depth has to be developed at the position, but as I mentioned with the tight ends, how many teams are four and five deep in proven receivers? On defense we have two very good DE's, and Williams and Austin are both well suited to play the nose in Wade's 3/4 scheme. As has been mentioned in other threads and mentioned by Wade himself, he likes penetrating NTs, not the traditional wide bodies like Wilfork. Irving was not going to start at linebacker on this team. You are looking at Ware, Trevathan, Marshall and Miller at linebacker, with the only question mark being Trevathan's health. If Trevathan is healthy, that is a very solid if not outstanding linebacker group with depth players sitting behind them. Add to that one of the deepest defensive backfields in the league.

I am not saying we are deep with proven players at every position, but aside from the O line, we have one of the most talent laden starting offenses and defenses in the league. Do we have to develope some depth? of course we do, but we are no different then any team in the league in that aspect, you don't have pro bowlers sitting on the bench. In todays NFL you are always going to be "developing" depth and sitting with unproven players on the roster that you will have to count on at some point, or you are going to be in salary cap hell. Who was Chris Harris before he had a chance to prove himself? Brandon Marshall? Austin came off of the unwanted heap last year and played very well. CJ Anderson? unproven. How deep do you want this roster to be with stud, proven players, and how are you going to fit them under the cap? Give Elway and Kubiak some time, and give them some faith, they have earned it.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Fire Bronc For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Bronc View Post
    How many true fullbacks come out of college these days? They all end up as a position switch player. We do have a solid pair of tight ends, how many teams in this league are three deep in solid tight ends? At receiver, DT and Sanders are studs. Latimer is still unproven, but he is a physical freak with tremendous upside and great hands. Of course depth has to be developed at the position, but as I mentioned with the tight ends, how many teams are four and five deep in proven receivers? On defense we have two very good DE's, and Williams and Austin are both well suited to play the nose in Wade's 3/4 scheme. As has been mentioned in other threads and mentioned by Wade himself, he likes penetrating NTs, not the traditional wide bodies like Wilfork. Irving was not going to start at linebacker on this team. You are looking at Ware, Trevathan, Marshall and Miller at linebacker, with the only question mark being Trevathan's health. If Trevathan is healthy, that is a very solid if not outstanding linebacker group with depth players sitting behind them. Add to that one of the deepest defensive backfields in the league.

I am not saying we are deep with proven players at every position, but aside from the O line, we have one of the most talent laden starting offenses and defenses in the league. Do we have to develope some depth? of course we do, but we are no different then any team in the league in that aspect, you don't have pro bowlers sitting on the bench. In todays NFL you are always going to be "developing" depth and sitting with unproven players on the roster that you will have to count on at some point, or you are going to be in salary cap hell. Who was Chris Harris before he had a chance to prove himself? Brandon Marshall? Austin came off of the unwanted heap last year and played very well. CJ Anderson? unproven. How deep do you want this roster to be with stud, proven players, and how are you going to fit them under the cap? Give Elway and Kubiak some time, and give them some faith, they have earned it.
    some people are going to be really disappointed this season...

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

24. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    some people are going to be really disappointed this season...
    I have been watching the Broncos since Charlie Johnson was throwing the ball and Haven Moses was catching it, trust me, I know what disappointment is. Across the board, this team has as much talent as any team in the league. What is going to determine its success is how well it transitions into the new systems.

26. The Following 4 Users High Fived Fire Bronc For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information