Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos to get four compensatory picks

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Bronc View Post
    I have been watching the Broncos since Charlie Johnson was throwing the ball and Haven Moses was catching it, trust me, I know what disappointment is. Across the board, this team has as much talent as any team in the league. What is going to determine its success is how well it transitions into the new systems.
    That and the ability to keep Manning healthy. If he stays healthy this season, the Broncos are legit super bowl contenders again. People are going to be surprised at how good this defense is.

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Bronc View Post
    I have been watching the Broncos since Charlie Johnson was throwing the ball and Haven Moses was catching it, trust me, I know what disappointment is. Across the board, this team has as much talent as any team in the league. What is going to determine its success is how well it transitions into the new systems.
    And if they can stay the standard as other teams improve around them, the AFCW has become far less pushovers as they were the previous four or five years.
    - Doesn't bother me what people think, the mere fact what I think seems to bother others speaks volumes about them more then myself! -

Thumbs up

damn, you go back as far as I do.....

5. The Following User High Fived vettesplus For This Post:

Well, this is a shame:

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 13m13 minutes ago Phoenix, AZ

NFL admitted messing up Broncos compensatory pick. 6th round pick no 208 overall is now no 250 in 7th round

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 3m3 minutes ago Phoenix, AZ

Broncos 4 compensatory picks - 4th round- no 133; 7th round- no 250, 251, 252

Sucks but at least we still get to pick 3 basically undrafted quality players that can't say no to us and sign with someone else.

8. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

How the **** do you mess that up??? And they wonder why people feel like the NFL is rigged.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    How the **** do you mess that up??? And they wonder why people feel like the NFL is rigged.
    Since no one knows the exact formula, it's definitely something that can be criticized. A guy over at Over the Cap was projecting picks, and he thought the 6th rounder we got was the strangest one, one that he couldn't explain. So it looks like he was right - we shouldn't have gotten that pick after all.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Jeff Legwold @Jeff_Legwold · 40m

A rundown of the #Broncos compensatory draft picks after the NFL made a change -- full story -- http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-bronc...ry-draft-picks

Jeff Legwold @Jeff_Legwold · 2h

NFL called it "database error,'' #Broncos 6th round compensatory pick now moved to 7th round -- have picks 250, 251 and 252 overall in 7th

Jeff Legwold @Jeff_Legwold · 4h

Here's the complete NFL draft order -- http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/b...30&src=desktop

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

That's total bullshit.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

I would not mind seeing Denver use comp picks to move up in like the second round if players fall out of first.

Like trading up for ILB Kendricks or McKinney in 2nd. Trade up like 8 spots ahead of teams that worked these guys out.

I know in some places we lack depth but not all over the baors. OL and LB are only thin places on roster now. Get OT round 1 and ILB round 2. I am not 100% on travathan and marshall as the two ILB next season. They are too similar of players and may not be able to get off blocks in running game. Irving type player will be wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    I would not mind seeing Denver use comp picks to move up in like the second round if players fall out of first.

Like trading up for ILB Kendricks or McKinney in 2nd. Trade up like 8 spots ahead of teams that worked these guys out.

I know in some places we lack depth but not all over the baors. OL and LB are only thin places on roster now. Get OT round 1 and ILB round 2. I am not 100% on travathan and marshall as the two ILB next season. They are too similar of players and may not be able to get off blocks in running game. Irving type player will be wanted.
    Comp picks aren't tradeable.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post

Comp picks aren't tradeable.
    Not but the original round pick is

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Not but the original round pick is
    Use 5th and 6th to trade up. All comp picks are 7th rounders now except the 4th.

Sorry got confused, thought you meant use the comp picks to move up.

I agree, with having the picks I could see them be more aggressive with the other picks.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I would not mind seeing Denver use comp picks to move up in like the second round if players fall out of first. Like trading up for ILB Kendricks or McKinney in 2nd. Trade up like 8 spots ahead of teams that worked these guys out. I know in some places we lack depth but not all over the baors. OL and LB are only thin places on roster now. Get OT round 1 and ILB round 2. I am not 100% on travathan and marshall as the two ILB next season. They are too similar of players and may not be able to get off blocks in running game. Irving type player will be wanted.
    Why burn a second on a backer when we have Quanterus Smith who will transition to 3-4 OLB and learn from Ware, Barrow, McCray, and the dude we just grabbed on FA as backups? Using a second rounder on a higher priority position of need makes a lot more sense to me.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information